Porsche 992 Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

· Registered
2022 992 GTS
1,312 Posts
Well, I figured I would get my 10,000 mile oil change and inspection today. Looks like I need a new set of rear tires! How did your day go? View attachment 1700
I know its cheaper to go with GY tires but the Michelin 4S are big deal change . Less noise, far better grip. A much better tire . A review is on the way. I am getting 4 new tires . I got. nail in the sidewall .

· Registered
2022 992 GTS
1,312 Posts
Yikes! I was kinda thinking rears would be good for 12.5 K ish but that sounds very optimistic now. Hopefully the fronts will be good to 20K and I can switch to Michelins after replacing rears once. On the plus side for you, you'll be good to go come top down time.
I am changing it now at 7K . I had them on my 991.2 GTS and wondered why I waited . I did the same as your plan. The 991.2 came with Pirelli . The GY are worse.

· Registered
47 Posts
Bobby, this might make you feel better about the need and expense of new rear tires at 10k. Precursor to my 992 was 718 pictured below. Picked up a screw in rear Yokohama tire at 1100 miles. Had to get flatbed to dealer and they don't patch, plug or repair-guessing liability concern. $465 later I was on my way with old tire in passenger seat. Never had it fixed or used it. Couldn’t give it away after I sold 718 and just took to dump the other day.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

· Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Bobby, this might make you feel better about the need and expense of new rear tires at 10k. Precursor to my 992 was 718 pictured below. Picked up a screw in rear Yokohama tire at 1100 miles. Had to get flatbed to dealer and they don't patch, plug or repair-guessing liability concern. $465 later I was on my way with old tire in passenger seat. Never had it fixed or used it. Couldn’t give it away after I sold 718 and just took to dump the other day. View attachment 1714
BTD, I guess that’s the price we pay for our expensive toys we “need.” Bummer but beautiful ride!

21 - 27 of 27 Posts