Porsche 992 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Administrator
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Like 991's, cargo space in the new Porsche 911 (992) is practical enough, bested by all of its competition that don't share the same rear-engine setup, but makes up for it with an unmatched driving experience.

132 liters of 'frunk' space is offered which might seem bad if you're new to 911's. This is true when compared to its front-engine mounted rivals like the Mercedes AMG GT and Jaguar F-Type Coupe. However, not so much with frunks on the rear-engined Audi R8 that gets 112-liters and Lamborghini Huracan at just 70-liters.

Now that we understand how the 911 stacks up with dedicated cargo space, on the inside you have even more. Thanks to its spacious cabin with rear seat back rests that can be folded down. The result is a flat and wide loading area that's perfect for storing extra luggage.

When regularly positioned, the rear seats are noticeably wider and higher than on 991's, making them idea for children or luggage. Adults, don't even think about. Even with these constraints, the 992's cabin is among the most practical and easy to live with on a daily basis, if you so desire. The same can't entirely be said about its rivals and in that regard suit very limited consumer demographics.

Once settled in, storing common everyday carry-on's shouldn't be an issue with the generous sized glovebox, center console, door pockets and even a new cup holder that joins the center console. Of course the rear seat area perfect for quick access of bigger items like suitcases, messenger bags, duffle bags.

Yet again Porsche has stayed committed to the 911's focus of being an everyday sports car that's as practical as it is fun.

·
Registered
73 Posts
If you are dead set on a Porsche but need something with more utility there are plenty of other models in their lineup to shop between. If you have a growing family or plan on commuting with several passengers on a frequent basis, this is not the car for you.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I think the only other reasonable option will be the upcoming Porsche Taycan. I always wanted a "911 4-door" and yes we have the Panamera but its not exactly what i'm looking for. The Taycan is said to fill that role.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts