Porsche 992 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Launched in early 2019, the new 2020 Porsche 911 (992) only came to market as a Carrera so far as a Coupe or Cabriolet. Other trims are in the pipeline but we'll have to keep on waiting.

Typical of Carrera's, you get to choose a Carrera S Coupe ($113,300), Carrera S Cabriolet ($126,100), Carrera 4S Coupe ($120,600) or Carrera 4S Cabriolet ($133,400). Performance wise, 4S Coupe in this regard is always the more capable, clocking at 0.1 seconds faster in the 0-60 among its other obvious all-wheel-drive benefits.

Underneath the 992 Carrera are updates that make it a true successor, trickling down features from higher spec 991's to the base 992, like a wider track with wider body to match and increased used of aluminum helping to maintain the light, agile and timeless 911 we always knew.

Outside, design changes do well at hinting towards what's happening underneath, wider fenders were only the beginning. The entire exterior received a face lift, modernizing the 992 Carrera with next-generation LED matrix headlights, GT3-style exhaust tips, taillight bar design that pays homage to the classic 993 and a more aerodynamically sound design with active-aero features.

The interior was also updated with a mix of retro, modern design cues and digital upgrades closer to the current Panamera and Cayenne. The 7.0-inch and 10.9-inch screens essentially redefine what a 911 dashboard ought to look and feel like. 991's will feel old very fast.

Yes the 992 gets even more expensive but the increase is worth the trade off in drastically better standard equipment Enough to also keep everyone patient till more 992 models like the Targa, GTS, Turbo, GT3 and hopefully a continuation of the GT2 come out.

If there's anything to learn from this, its that Porsche has big things in store for us.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Suppose its only a matter of time before a hybrid variant works its way into the range. I know most Porsche loyalists are normally aspirated petrol heads, but you wont be able to argue with the increased power output from electrical assistance.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Suppose its only a matter of time before a hybrid variant works its way into the range. I know most Porsche loyalists are normally aspirated petrol heads, but you wont be able to argue with the increased power output from electrical assistance.
yeah, having all electric range in the city will be a big selling point to me
i'm one of those guys that would daily drive one so any way to improve its city abilities is a winner to me

·
Registered
73 Posts
I know Porsche has said that's coming, but why not just look into the Taycan or some of their current E-Hybrids instead? I think they should try and keep this a pure sports car for as long as possible.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I'm so tempted to get a Carrera 4S and I just might. However video's of the Turbo S are keeping me patient. Its what will actually be rewarding from the 992's experience.

That or anything above

·
Registered
168 Posts
At some point Porsche will want to offer a greener 911.
It will be a soft launch to my best guess and likely to happen within the next year or two.
A Taycan test mule was spotted testing alongside a couple 992's which hint at whats to come ;)

·
Registered
168 Posts
Options.

when you attract the clients that Porsche does, you'll get a mix of purists and people who want the latest.

Slow its been shifting to the latter.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Taycan will be how they convince their 911 consumer base to go electric. It helps that Taycan's will have a lot of 911 DNA.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts