The base 2020 992 Carrera has been revealed by Porsche and here is the information we now know.
- The Carrera uses the same twin-turbocharged 3.0-liter flat-six as the S but with model-specific turbochargers.
- It makes 379 horsepower, nine more than the outgoing Carrera and 64 less than the 2020 Carrera S.
- The peak torque, 331 lb-ft, is the same as the 2019 car and 59 lb-ft short of the 2020 Carrera S.
- As on the S, Porsche's 8-speed dual-clutch automatic is the only available transmission at launch.
- The 7-Speed manual transmission is expected to make its way to the Carrera, but nothing is confirmed.
- According to Porsche, the new Carrera coupe will do 0-60 mph in 4.0 seconds or 3.8 seconds when equipped with the Sport Chrono package.
- The cabrio is slightly slower.
- A staggered tire setup is standard, sized 235/40ZR-19 up front and 295/35ZR-20 at the rear, but the 20-inch front and 21-inch rear wheels from the Carrera S are available.
- The Porsche Active Suspension Management system (PASM) is standard, offering two different modes, and the 911's new Wet mode is standard as well.
- The same extensive range of options that's found on the Carrera S will be on offer, including carbon-ceramic brake rotors.
- The 911 Carrera coupe will start at $98,750. The 911 Carrera cabriolet will be $111,550