Porsche 992 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to this forum. I have been looking to buy my first 911 the last couple of months. I have talked to 6 dealers here in Southern California over the last few weeks and all want a $20K premium over MSRP to place an order on an allocation for approx March 2022 delivery. Is this the norm in other areas of the country? Of course no one has any new 911's in stock and haven't for quite some time. I am not in a rush and would prefer to order anyway and get exactly what I want.

I happened to visit a dealership yesterday that I hadn't contacted before to look at a 2018 with low miles. I was considering this car as no way was I going to pay a $20K premium. When I asked about the premium they told me they had been charging a premium for in stock cars (all gone), but are not charging any premium for the allotment/allocation orders. I was thrilled. I can order a car exactly how I want it, 4 years newer (and with an obviously nicer body style), and pay only roughly $10K more than they wanted for the pre-owned 2018. I don't want to mention the dealership yet, but will after I go back this week and confirm my build with a deposit for March 2022 delivery. I plan to taking delivery at Los Angeles PEC as I have heard it is definitely worth it.

What fun it is to play with the Porsche builder. It is amazing what you can do to these cars. I don't even want to bother with all the interior finish configurations as it makes my head spin. I would be interested to hear from members/owners on what they think are some "must have" or "highly desirable" options. I would like to be at around $120K. Initially I was thinking the chrono package was just to "time your laps" but I just read an article that explains it is much more than that, and definitely worth the money. I'm also a little confused as to the difference between the power seat options (14 way vs 18 way?) help on this would be appreciated.

Tentative Build on 992 911 Carrera
Agate Grey Metallic
Standard interior black
Premium Package
Under door puddle lights
PDK
20"/21" Carrera S wheels (painted high gloss black)
Power sport seats (14 way)
Window trim high gloss black
Sport Exhaust System in Black
"911" badge rear deck in black

Sorry to be so long winded on my first post, but these cars are just so fun to look at talk about, and of course drive!

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions. Be safe.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am new to this forum. I have been looking to buy my first 911 the last couple of months. I have talked to 6 dealers here in Southern California over the last few weeks and all want a $20K premium over MSRP to place an order on an allocation for approx March 2022 delivery. Is this the norm in other areas of the country? Of course no one has any new 911's in stock and haven't for quite some time. I am not in a rush and would prefer to order anyway and get exactly what I want.

I happened to visit a dealership yesterday that I hadn't contacted before to look at a 2018 with low miles. I was considering this car as no way was I going to pay a $20K premium. When I asked about the premium they told me they had been charging a premium for in stock cars (all gone), but are not charging any premium for the allotment/allocation orders. I was thrilled. I can order a car exactly how I want it, 4 years newer (and with an obviously nicer body style), and pay only roughly $10K more than they wanted for the pre-owned 2018. I don't want to mention the dealership yet, but will after I go back this week and confirm my build with a deposit for March 2022 delivery. I plan to taking delivery at Los Angeles PEC as I have heard it is definitely worth it.

What fun it is to play with the Porsche builder. It is amazing what you can do to these cars. I don't even want to bother with all the interior finish configurations as it makes my head spin. I would be interested to hear from members/owners on what they think are some "must have" or "highly desirable" options. I would like to be at around $120K. Initially I was thinking the chrono package was just to "time your laps" but I just read an article that explains it is much more than that, and definitely worth the money. I'm also a little confused as to the difference between the power seat options (14 way vs 18 way?) help on this would be appreciated.

Agate Grey Metallic
Standard interior black
Premium Package
Under door puddle lights
PDK

Sorry to be so long winded on my first post, but these cars are just so fun to look at talk about, and of course drive!

hello mate.
Great choices
Its the same in the uk on 2 year old 992s getting as much as brand new ones.
ive also ordered a 992 in Agate grey...love it with so many choices of wheel that look good.
Loved black but time for a change.
my spec also has standard leather, window trims in black and the 911 black badge
I didn't opt for the puddle lights, sports exhaust or 14 way seats.
ive got the basic sports seat, black sports tail pipes(for the look) Bose, private glass, folding mirrors,glass sunroof and chrono pack
You can spend a fortune speccing these cars.
I get mine in May if im lucky.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hello mate.
Great choices
Its the same in the uk on 2 year old 992s getting as much as brand new ones.
ive also ordered a 992 in Agate grey...love it with so many choices of wheel that look good.
Loved black but time for a change.
my spec also has standard leather, window trims in black and the 911 black badge
I didn't opt for the puddle lights, sports exhaust or 14 way seats.
ive got the basic sports seat, black sports tail pipes(for the look) Bose, private glass, folding mirrors,glass sunroof and chrono pack
You can spend a fortune speccing these cars.
I get mine in May if im lucky.

Cheers mate. Thanks for the quick reply. I didn't realize there was such a big Porsche following in the UK until I started reading all of the different message boards. I've been a few times, my mom was from Bedfordshire. I assume you have the rear wiper, for all the rain you get. I figured I would rarely if ever drive it in the rain so opted not to. Thanks for the info and have a good weekend.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I ordered mine in July and now I'm impatiently waiting for it. I also added adaptive cruise control.
Thanks. I can't imagine I will do many longer trips where I would need CC. My daily driver now is a Genesis G80 (which has been a fantastic car) and only recently used CC on it after 5 years on a trip to AZ. I assume its the same type of system, where it slows you down based on cars in front of you. Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Cheers mate. Thanks for the quick reply. I didn't realize there was such a big Porsche following in the UK until I started reading all of the different message boards. I've been a few times, my mom was from Bedfordshire. I assume you have the rear wiper, for all the rain you get. I figured I would rarely if ever drive it in the rain so opted not to. Thanks for the info and have a good weekend.
Hell no lol
the rear wiper spoils the look. Rain is transparent hehe
Yep lots of Porsche nutters here.
Im in East London
I currently have one of the first 997's that im having to move on because of the emmisions regulations here.
Ive ordered a Taycan to go into town as my company car and the 992 is all mine!!

·
Registered
9 Posts

Agate Grey Metallic
Standard interior black
Premium Package
Under door puddle lights
PDK

First of all, great build! I too was looking at a resale 911 but the pricing was nearly as much as a new 2022 assuming you could find an allocation and a dealership that would honor the MSRP. I did find the allocation I was looking for and a great dealership in Chicago. I locked in my spec mid June, started the build early July, and took delivery of my 911 on 9/11 coincidentally. I went with the minimal upgrade to the seats ($440 option) and find them to be very comfortable. Since I am the only one driving the car, I did not find the need for the memory seating. Plus, if you ever want to get to the backseat, the manual handle is much quicker. I am sure whatever options you choose, you will love it! It is everything I thought it would be. Enjoy!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts