Porsche 992 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I have just joined this forum as I have a Carrera 4s in racing yellow, which I bought in November and love it so far, although only 750 miles in at the moment!!
Previously had a 911 (991) turbo which was fantastic, but after three years ownership I stupidly sold it to my dealer that approached me asking to buy it and then regretted it ever since.
A shame I bought my Carrera when the wing wasnt an option with the aerokit, as I think it looks great and I believe there is talk of a retrofit being available later this year....hope so.
Anyway, look forward to getting involved on here, cheers.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Welcome.
Not bad mileage to have on it already.

How did you spec your 992?

I might bite the bullet and get the 4S as well. Been waiting on the 992 Turbo this whole time :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the welcome. I have now covered over 1,000 miles, as managed to do over 250 in last two days. Really want to get the running in out the way and start enjoying this car. It is the most mileage I have ever had to do for running in a car though.
Back in June last year my dealer had a yellow 992 that was just going out the showroom....it was sold but I said then that if it had been available I would have had it, I loved it. Long story, but another new one turned up with almost the spec I wanted so a deal was done. A couple of things I would have spec'd but can live without, GT steering wheel and cooled seats, but it meant I didn't have to wait now, I'm well north of 60 but still like to have fun!!
I was thinking more about the new 992 turbo when it comes out next year, as it may be my last car, but will see how this one grabs me.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Thanks for the welcome. I have now covered over 1,000 miles, as managed to do over 250 in last two days. Really want to get the running in out the way and start enjoying this car. It is the most mileage I have ever had to do for running in a car though.
Back in June last year my dealer had a yellow 992 that was just going out the showroom....it was sold but I said then that if it had been available I would have had it, I loved it. Long story, but another new one turned up with almost the spec I wanted so a deal was done. A couple of things I would have spec'd but can live without, GT steering wheel and cooled seats, but it meant I didn't have to wait now, I'm well north of 60 but still like to have fun!!
I was thinking more about the new 992 turbo when it comes out next year, as it may be my last car, but will see how this one grabs me.
The 992 Turbo should be a big deal.
Already they made the more entry level 911 trims straddle the lines of what higher end 991's would typically come with. So by that measure, the 992 Turbo upgraded in a similar proportion should have some surprises :D
Anything specific you want to see in the next Turbo?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The 992 Turbo should be a big deal.
Already they made the more entry level 911 trims straddle the lines of what higher end 991's would typically come with. So by that measure, the 992 Turbo upgraded in a similar proportion should have some surprises :D
Anything specific you want to see in the next Turbo?
One thing for sure about the 992 turbo is that it will have to be very good.
Is HUD (head up display) available? After having many BMW's with this feature I find it very useful. I know some people aren't bothered by it, but they generally have never had it anyway.
Trouble for me is that I always seem to spec my cars highly, which then mean they cost a lot more, but I am slowly learning to only have what I really want now and not what I think I may want!! :angel:

·
Registered
46 Posts
One thing for sure about the 992 turbo is that it will have to be very good.
Is HUD (head up display) available? After having many BMW's with this feature I find it very useful. I know some people aren't bothered by it, but they generally have never had it anyway.
Trouble for me is that I always seem to spec my cars highly, which then mean they cost a lot more, but I am slowly learning to only have what I really want now and not what I think I may want!! :angel:
From my understanding head up display isn't in the 992 because there isn't enough space for it to fit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts