Porsche 992 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Just went to change my rear tyres and noticed an oil leak.
As I live in the Azores Islands, there is no Porsche dealer here.
I'm gonna clean it up and drive about 500km to try to determine where it comes from. Its a 2020 992 Carrera 2S, (just done the 30000km service on May, last year. Still under warranty.
Any ideas? Thanks

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Rim Gas
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Alloy wheel
Automotive tire Grey Art Font Tints and shades

Registered
You are going to have to find either an independent Porsche mechanic for Ascona forum where the members and had the car a while and some of them do the repairs themselves. Rennlist is picking me such place . Most of us here either haven鈥檛 even received the car yet or are in the initial phase of ownership. I am not sure where you could get carts in your region but Suncoast Porsche parts department is the largest distributor in the USA. They might be worth a phone call to find out if they can help or if they could make a suggestion. Good luck.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your replies. I was living in Lisbon, when I bought the car. I just brought it with me to the Azores in July when I retired. (But managed to put 8000kms here in Terceira Island ;))

The warranty is valid allover the world. What I'm gonna do is, clean the area, drive about fifty miles and look up again in order to identify the source of the leak. Then, we'll see how to handle the warranty..

Registered
Thanks for your replies. I was living in Lisbon, when I bought the car. I just brought it with me to the Azores in July when I retired. (But managed to put 8000kms here in Terceira Island ;))

The warranty is valid allover the world. What I'm gonna do is, clean the area, drive about fifty miles and look up again in order to identify the source of the leak. Then, we'll see how to handle the warranty..
My guess is the car was originally registered as being built through S European division f Porsche .
I found this They may have a customer service line to call or email if you run into trouble. Good luck

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Folks, a small update on that oil leak.

Porsche Assistance took care of the transportation of the car in a container, from the Azores to Lisbon, by sea. After changing the gasket, they realised that a (smaller) leak was still noticed, and so they decided to substitute the whole gearbox radiator. It took 10 days to receive the part, from Germany.

The Porsche service dealer phoned me today saying that the car is now ready to return and so, Porsche Assistance is taking care of the return of the car to the Azores. Although I have only made about 9000kms since its last service, I decide to service the car, 5 months earlier, anyway, and bought another two years of warranty.;)

And so, I expect not to worry about that subject for the next two years and enjoy my 992 here in the Azores!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts