Porsche 992 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Macan GTS 2016, Taycan CT 4S 2022
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I’m new to the forum. I have a technical question, hope someone can answer.
Last year my father booked 4S but it appears there are slot production issues. He was offered with Turbo for April. We were wondering about suspension because I heard in some yt reviews that Turbo S suspension is more stiffer than 4S. Unfortunately it’s not possible to drive such a car right now. I‘ve seen in configurator that you can select optional Sport PASM lowered 10mm but this is an option on the whole range of 992 also in 4S. So I don‘t really know, maybe reviewed cars where optioned with it. I’ll appreciate any info.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Hi! I’m new to the forum. I have a technical question, hope someone can answer.
Last year my father booked 4S but it appears there are slot production issues. He was offered with Turbo for April. We were wondering about suspension because I heard in some yt reviews that Turbo S suspension is more stiffer than 4S. Unfortunately it’s not possible to drive such a car right now. I‘ve seen in configurator that you can select optional Sport PASM lowered 10mm but this is an option on the whole range of 992 also in 4S. So I don‘t really know, maybe reviewed cars where optioned with it. I’ll appreciate any info.
The Turbo and Turbo S are known as being "the luxury power cars" of the lineup . In fact in the past the highest criticism came from those who felt they were too luxurious and this backed fast but boring to drive . Porsche went out with this model and sent the car to Flacht to the Wrissach tuning division. to make hot one of best driving Turbos it has ever been . . In fact Motor Trend not only discusses its but interviewed their source . 2021 Porsche 911 Turbo First Drive: Better Than Ever

The base Turbo is one of the most reasaoable daily driving Turbo models every made . 30K less than a Turbo S it is still a fantastic daily street car with some luxury . In fact it was that luxury that led to me NOT considering it . I wanted a stiffer suspension and more jaw and visceral 911 . I even contemplated a Gt3 touring but in the end felt the wait list and street usability was not as good as the GTS . That is where I ended up and as we speak my car is at the port .

I posted this review earlier to show Gentian to another member. In your case it discusses how well rounded a base turbo is for daily use.

·
Registered
Macan GTS 2016, Taycan CT 4S 2022
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Much appreciate your feedback. I've also usually associated Turbo models as the luxury ones with the comfortable drive (as much comfort as you can get from 911). I was quite surprised when I heard from other reviewers that 992 Turbo S is much sportier car with stiffer suspensions compared to 991 Turbo S. I though maybe well, they wanted to make a top of the line numbers and they sacrificed some comfort in sake of performance.
But there is that... I know that GTS is more stiffer than Turbo as usual and GT3, GT3 Touring are on a whole another level so it didn't fit for me right. Too bad we cannot test these cars and compare. Such times we have.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Much appreciate your feedback. I've also usually associated Turbo models as the luxury ones with the comfortable drive (as much comfort as you can get from 911). I was quite surprised when I heard from other reviewers that 992 Turbo S is much sportier car with stiffer suspensions compared to 991 Turbo S. I though maybe well, they wanted to make a top of the line numbers and they sacrificed some comfort in sake of performance.
But there is that... I know that GTS is more stiffer than Turbo as usual and GT3, GT3 Touring are on a whole another level so it didn't fit for me right. Too bad we cannot test these cars and compare. Such times we have.
They made an effort to make the car less boring . That was the main complaint of the 991.2 Turbo S . It was too quiet, too luxurious , and too disconnected in its throttle . They even put a sport exhaust as an option which they never did before . They made the Turbo S fast but still didn't break 10 seconds in the 1/4 . Its still a very nice vehicle . I just feel that 200+K is a lot to spend and not have perfection . I do think the base turbo for significantly less is the better value as daily driver with some high end luxury .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts