Porsche 992 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
I got my 992 GTS at Christmas (PDK)
it is sensational and in my opinion the best 911 you can buy
The 4wd adds too much weight and unless one is commuting on snow covered roads not needed
Go for it, order a GTS 2 pdk today!
I am jealous that you guys got your car so many months before us. No one in the USA has it yet. Mine in a few others might be the first to arrive. What was your build? Is this your first 911? I am living vicariously but what you are sharing until I get my car. Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi everyone

Hope all is well.

I’m debating between these 3 models as they are realistic in terms of timing of when I can get them (all within 2 years).

Ideally i would be getting a manual 911 (advantage of getting a gts) but a turbo PDK would also be quite an excellent choice as well.
I would be 5th on the list for the gts, 2nd on the list for a gts 4 and 3rd on the list for a turbo model.
Any advice would be appreciated. I would test drive these vehicles but the dealership does not have them for me to test drive lol. There is only so much information you can get off YouTube.
Thank you.
I have a 2021 911 Turbo S and I love it. I don't have any experience with the GT. I'm on the list to order a 2023 911 Turbo S. I don't think you can go wrong with any of these awesome cars!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I have a 2021 911 Turbo S and I love it. I don't have any experience with the GT. I'm on the list to order a 2023 911 Turbo S. I don't think you can go wrong with any of these awesome cars!
Thanks for your post.
May I ask how often you drive your car? Do you drive your car to work as a daily driver ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for your post.
May I ask how often you drive your car? Do you drive your car to work as a daily driver ?
I'm retired, so luckily I don't have to drive it to work. I have a couple cars I rotate. I usually drive it every day, unless the weather is bad (ie. rain) or I need room for more than 2 people or I'm working out legs at the gym. I try to drive it as much as possible. It's so much fun to drive. It's my first Porsche; and I'm sold! I can't wait for the 2023; I'm guessing order June and receive around December. Hopefully. There was a cargo ship that caught on fire today with 100's of cars on it; they're going to have to make all those cars again. That's probably going to push production back.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Congrats on the 992! What were you driving before? Do you any experience with other 911 generations?

·
Registered
85 Posts
I'm retired, so luckily I don't have to drive it to work. I have a couple cars I rotate. I usually drive it every day, unless the weather is bad (ie. rain) or I need room for more than 2 people or I'm working out legs at the gym. I try to drive it as much as possible. It's so much fun to drive. It's my first Porsche; and I'm sold! I can't wait for the 2023; I'm guessing order June and receive around December. Hopefully. There was a cargo ship that caught on fire today with 100's of cars on it; they're going to have to make all those cars again. That's probably going to push production back.
Congratulations @Grant! What convinced you that the 992 would be your first Porsche?

·
Registered
563 Posts
Congrats on the 992! What were you driving before? Do you any experience with other 911 generations?
Yes . It has been a lifetime of memories. My newest one will be a memory in the making.

My first was a 1995 993 . It was a monumental event for me . I could not afford the car and as a young man nearly emptied my bank account and was still short about 1300 bucks . I got up tp leave thinking it was impossible and the salesman said "don't go. I'll sell you the car. " . I still remember everything from the test drive to the ride home.

That was just the beginning . When the 993 Turbo arrived it was so far ahead of everything . I had to have it but it took me 4 years to save up . I got the 1996 993 Turbo . I struggled to buy that car as well. and had to wait all the way till 1998 to buy used and pay over sticker for it because it was out of production at that time. It was an amazing car. To this day I regret selling it.

When the 996 came out I was so disappointed with the turbo I bought the 2000 regular model . I didn’t buy that car right away. I first took a detour into the E 39 BMW M5. That was brief. I really missed the 911 and despite my feelings about the 996 I still bought it. In 2002 I traded that car in for the refresh. These were my least favorite of the 911 generations .

I thought I was done because in 2004 xenon lights theft was so rampant in my city that they tore apart my entire front bumper to get the lights while I was lap swimming . I thought maybe it was time to mature . Nonetheless when the 997 came out it was such a game changer that despite being sold out of cars for months I begged a dealership to sell me one that they were given hoping to make it a demo. Unfortunately the thieves really liked that car . After multiple attempts to steal it I took the longest layoff from Porsche to thaw out . I leased a simple BMW three series but after 18 months I was itching to have a 911 so badly I was right back in a 997. At that point I decided I was never going to be done ! I either had to run out of money, become too ill , or disabled , or die to stop buying the 911.

That car was the first car I modified. It had the Tubi F77 package. If you look at Champion motorsports on YouTube you’ll see the car..

That only teased me further. I met a few pro drivers and we started talking about the Texas Mile. I traded the 997S it in for a 997 turbo and spent two years with a team of people modifying that car to 700 hp in order to take the car to the Texas mile. When I saw crashes occur at the mile I decided not to do the event but I kept the car and still have it to this day. When PDK first arrived in 2009 it was also the financial crisis. I wasn’t looking for a car. I read on a car forum That someone got 20% off MSRP on the car. I walked into a dealership and ask them if they would meet that deal and then if they did I would find a corner lot right there in there and buy it. I bought a 2009 car. Here is a much younger yrralis1 on the day I took it home . Let me wipe this grin off my face - 6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

In 2012 the PDK became so advanced that on the day that I test drove the 991 I sold my 2009 car immediately. I was on my way to the dealership to order a 991 and the salesman was busy for a moment and I saw a 981 Boxster S sitting on the showroom floor. My wife looked at me and I looked at her and we talked about the car. I test drove it and took that car home. The 991 was such a departure from the smaller platform 997 and the Boxster at the time was so greatly improved that I had no regrets and enjoyed that car for four years. Then one day in 2017 I went to my dealership just to look at cars. I asked them if they were expecting a GTS. They told me that they just got one unexpectedly. It was available. We went into the basement to look at it because it just arrived. I have pictures of it sitting in the basement. I sat in it took a picture of the dash and knew instantly I was buying it. Fast forward till now then 992 GTS. I am one month away.

Separately from all of this I had second cars. I had multiple M3 s That my girlfriend drove until we were married in which led to a Cayenne . When the Macan turbo came out I ordered that pre-launch. Five Macans later she’s driving a 2020 Macan turbo., We had two GTS’s in between and I actually liked the GTS more. The reason why we bought this last turbo is because it was convenient. The problems with ordering cars was evident and a dealership nearby approached me on a car forum Offered me a discount and had that car in the house in three days. That was before things got really crazy with supply chain shortages but the red flags were all there. I bought that turbo from them and we love the car.

She will occasionally drive my car and I will occasionally drive to Macan. If we go somewhere together we pick one of the two. It’s usually the Macan if we need to do something practical. But generally she grabs a key to the Macan and I take the key to the 911 every time.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Yes . It has been a lifetime of memories. My newest one will be a memory in the making.

My first was a 1995 993 . It was a monumental event for me . I could not afford the car and as a young man nearly emptied my bank account and was still short about 1300 bucks . I got up tp leave thin king it was impossible and the salmon said "don't go. I'll sell you the car. " . I still reminder everything from the test drive to the ride home.

That was just the beginning . When the 993 Turbo arrived it was so far ahead of everything . I had two have it hut it took me 4 years to save up . I got the 1996 993 Turbo . I struggled to buy that car as well. and had to wait all the way till 1998 to buy used and pay over sticker for it because it was out of production at that time. It was an amazing car. To this day I regret selling it.

When the 996 came out I was so disappointed with the turbo I bought the 2000 regular model . I didn’t buy that car right away. I first took a detour into the E 39 BMW M5. That was brief. I really missed the 911 and despite my feelings about the 996 I still bought it. In 2002 I traded that car in for the refresh. These were my least favorite of the 911 generations .

I thought I was done because in 2004 xenon lights theft was so rampant in my city that they tore apart my entire front number to get the lights while I was lap swimming . I thought maybe it was time to mature . Nonetheless when the 997 came out it was such a game changer that despite being sold out of cars for months I begged a dealership to sell me one that they were given hoping to make it a demo. Unfortunately the thieves really liked that car . After multiple attempts to steal it I took the longest layoff from Porsche to thaw out . At least a simple BMW three series but after 18 months I was itching to have a 911 so badly I was right back in a 997. At that point I decided I was never going to be done ! I either had to run out of money, become too ill , or disabled , or die to stop buying the 911.

That car was the first car I modified. It had the Tubi F77 package. If you look at Champion motorsports on YouTube you’ll see the car..

That only teased me further. I met a few pro drivers and we started talking about the Texas Mile. I traded the 997S it in for a 997 turbo and spent two years with a team of people modifying that car to 700 hp in order to take the car to the Texas mile. When I saw crashes occur at the mile I decided not to do the event but I kept the car and still have it to this day. When PDK first arrived in 2009 it was also the financial crisis. I wasn’t looking for a car. I read on a car forum That someone got 20% off MSRP on the car. I walked into a dealership and ask them if they would meet that deal and then if they did I would find a corner lot right there in there and buy it. I bought a 2009 car. Here is a much younger yrralis1 on the day I took it home . Let me wipe this grin off my face - 6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

In 2012 the PDK became so advanced that on the day that I test drove the 991 I sold my 2009 car immediately. I was on my way to the dealership to order a 991 and the salesman was busy for a moment and I saw a 981 Boxster S sitting on the showroom floor. My wife looked at me and I looked at her and we talked about the car. I test drove it and took that car home. The 991 was such a departure from the smaller platform 997 and the Boxster at the time was so greatly improved that I had no regrets and enjoyed that car for four years. Then one day in 2017 I went to my dealership just to look at cars. I asked them if they were expecting a GTS. They told me that they just got one unexpectedly. It was available. We went into the basement to look at it because it just arrived. I have pictures of it sitting in the basement. I sat in it took a picture of the dash and knew instantly I was buying it. Fast forward till now then 992 GTS. I am one month away.

Separately from all of this I had second cars. I had multiple M3 s That my girlfriend drove until we were married in which led to a Cayenne . When the Macan turbo came out I ordered that pre-launch. Five Macans later she’s driving a 2020 Macan turbo., We had two GTS’s in between and I actually liked the GTS more. The reason why we bought this last turbo is because it was convenient. The problems with ordering cars was evident and a dealership nearby approached me on a car forum Offered me a discount and had that car in the house in three days. That was before things got really crazy with supply chain shortages but the red flags were all there. I bought that turbo from them and we love the car.

She will occasionally drive my car and I will occasionally drive to Macan. If we go somewhere together we pick one of the two. It’s usually the Macan if we need to do something practical. But generally she grabs a key to the Macan and I take the key to the 911 every time.
Yrralis:
Thank you so much for sharing your story with us!
I’m blown away reading about your passion for Porsche!
I’m similar in age to you when you bought your first one and I hope to one day write an awesome story like this as well!!

thanks again for sharing !!! Wish you and your family the best.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Yrralis:
Thank you so much for sharing your story with us!
I’m blown away reading about your passion for Porsche!
I’m similar in age to you when you bought your first one and I hope to one day write an awesome story like this as well!!

thanks again for sharing !!! Wish you and your family the best.
Thank you but you are setting your sights very high . A GTS and Turbo are upper trim vehicles . My first 911 has NO options . It was a base 993 with little wheels , leatherette , manual seats , non metallic color (white) . It was the least expensive 911 and I loved that car ! Plus it priced me out of my league at the time . MSRP was 62K back then !!

I remember everything about that car . I had walked out of my local dealership and had given up . I called another and the salesman (retired now) convinced me that maybe I ought to come look . I still didn't have enough but I went . He was so laid back . He handed me the key and said " go drive it . I'll get your car appraised" . I had never been to that area and got lost on. my test drive . I came back with almost 50 miles . I was so young and so embarrassed .

After we closed the deal I remember driving it home . It was an hour from Miami and on the highway people were giving me the thumbs up . I remember getting to my house . My neighbor at the time had a teenage child and her boyfriend was a car guy . He saw the car rolling up there block and came running !! I even remember his name . It was Kenny . He wanted to see the engine , he explained about the 5 dials . He looked at me and said "if ever you have any doubts about this car sniff that badge and it will wake you right back up." .

Its nearly 30 years later and I remember it !!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've driven large SUV's mostly. My wife drives a mid-size SUV. I've had a Corvette, Mustang, and Camero in the past. This is my first real sports car (Porsche), so I've never owned another Porsche before. The only experience I've had is test driving them. My sister has a Panamera, my best friend is on his 2nd 911 Turbo S, and I have a friend that has a GT3. I was actually going to buy a Lamborghini, Ferrari, or McLaren, but I'm 6'5" and 275 lbs. (with very broad shoulders) and I didn't fit comfortably in any of them. The Porsche 911 is a great fit and I'm very comfortable driving it. My head isn't touching the roof top and my knees aren't touching the steering wheel with the seat all the way back. I'm very happy with the 911. It's a great fit for me. My wife and kid (13 years old) fit in it perfectly too. I'm very happy with it. So happy, I'm getting a 2023.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Congratulations @Grant! What convinced you that the 992 would be your first Porsche?
I was actually going to buy a Lamborghini, Ferrari, or McLaren, but I'm 6'5" and 275 lbs. (with very broad shoulders) and I didn't fit comfortably in any of them. The Porsche 911 was the best fit for me. And, one of the best cars on top of it. I'm very happy with my decision. I'm a huge fan of Porsche now.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·

My first was a 1995 993 . It was a monumental event for me . I could not afford the car and as a young man nearly emptied my bank account and was still short about 1300 bucks . I got up tp leave thinking it was impossible and the salesman said "don't go. I'll sell you the car. " . I still remember everything from the test drive to the ride home.

That was just the beginning . When the 993 Turbo arrived it was so far ahead of everything . I had to have it but it took me 4 years to save up . I got the 1996 993 Turbo . I struggled to buy that car as well. and had to wait all the way till 1998 to buy used and pay over sticker for it because it was out of production at that time. It was an amazing car. To this day I regret selling it.

I thought I was done because in 2004 xenon lights theft was so rampant in my city that they tore apart my entire front bumper to get the lights while I was lap swimming . I thought maybe it was time to mature . Nonetheless when the 997 came out it was such a game changer that despite being sold out of cars for months I begged a dealership to sell me one that they were given hoping to make it a demo. Unfortunately the thieves really liked that car . After multiple attempts to steal it I took the longest layoff from Porsche to thaw out . I leased a simple BMW three series but after 18 months I was itching to have a 911 so badly I was right back in a 997. At that point I decided I was never going to be done ! I either had to run out of money, become too ill , or disabled , or die to stop buying the 911.

thank you so much for sharing your story!
I appreciate all your advice.
It’s reading stories like this that is motivating me to get a Porsche earlier on in my life. I don’t want to wait until I’m too old to enjoy the vehicles and passion that went to making them.
Yes I agree I’m setting my sights very high and I don’t know if I’m making intelligent decisions.
As of today I’ve paid my deposit and now I’m 5th on the list for a gts 911. I’m still 4th on the list for a cayman gts. I am still planning on getting both.
I want to be able to live the dream of owning and driving these cars even while I’m still young.
I’m humbly taking your advice and revisiting my configuration to limiting the options to basically the paint job, and safety features (lane change assist, 3D view, early collision warning etc) and a navigation system.

·
Registered
563 Posts
thank you so much for sharing your story!
I appreciate all your advice.
It’s reading stories like this that is motivating me to get a Porsche earlier on in my life. I don’t want to wait until I’m too old to enjoy the vehicles and passion that went to making them.
Yes I agree I’m setting my sights very high and I don’t know if I’m making intelligent decisions.
As of today I’ve paid my deposit and now I’m 5th on the list for a gts 911. I’m still 4th on the list for a cayman gts. I am still planning on getting both.
I want to be able to live the dream of owning and driving these cars even while I’m still young.
I’m humbly taking your advice and revisiting my configuration to limiting the options to basically the paint job, and safety features (lane change assist, 3D view, early collision warning etc) and a navigation system.
There are a lot of guys on the Macan forum wanting every technology feature in their car . Those gadgets are the most expensive and what even worse is that they are awful . Technology is Porsche's Achilles heel . I am not kidding that my wife's adult son has better technology in his Honda at a fraction of the cost .

Even with a Macan I tell the people to play into Porsches strength . That strength is performance . On a Macan its going to be PASM, Air Suspension , PTV, Sport Chrono . On a 911 the list is even longer and mote intense . I see some of these older guys on Rennlist putting a glass roof , truffle leather , wood , and Burmester on a GTS and scratch my head . This would all be fine on a Bentley but this is a 911 . This is however what they want and Porsche does give it to them. They should have it .

You are buying a multi decade icon in automotive history . You owe it to yourself to make history in your own life with that build and your choices . Just be sure not to get in over your head . its a big purchase and I have seen a lot of people end up car broke . Be realistic and use in even choice and even if you pass on the car entirely that's ok . Its better to have no car and keep the savings than to buy the wrong car or a car too much for a person's peace of mind financially.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
There are a lot of guys on the Macan forum wanting every technology feature in their car . Those gadgets are the most expensive and what even worse is that they are awful . Technology is Porsche's Achilles heel . I am not kidding that my wife's adult son has better technology in his Honda at a fraction of the cost .

Even with a Macan I tell the people to play into Porsches strength . That strength is performance . On a Macan its going to be PASM, Air Suspension , PTV, Sport Chrono . On a 911 the list is even longer and mote intense . I see some of these older guys on Rennlist putting a glass roof , truffle leather , wood , and Burmester on a GTS and scratch my head . This would all be fine on a Bentley but this is a 911 . This is however what they want and Porsche does give it to them. They should have it .

You are buying a multi decade icon in automotive history . You owe it to yourself to make history in your own life with that build and your choices . Just be sure not to get in over your head . its a big purchase and I have seen a lot of people end up car broke . Be realistic and use in even choice and even if you pass on the car entirely that's ok . Its better to have no car and keep the savings than to buy the wrong car or a car too much for a person's peace of mind financially.
Hi yrralis
Thank you very much for your advice with my purchases. I really do appreciate it !

I have revised my configuration again to reflect just the extended range fuel tank, and paint job (shark blue). There are some free options like leather steering wheel. The cost went down to 141550.00.
I have even deleted some of the safety features (LCA etc). I totally agree that I had a lot of options and luxuries previously selected that I did not need and did not add any performance (ex club leather).

For the cayman 718 again my options were minimized to shark blue, headlight cleaning system paint, and leather steering wheel (which was free). The cost went down to 91630.

part of me thinks it’s better that I don’t purchase these cars at all and that I should wait until the future.
However I don’t want to own a hybrid or electric version (the 718 is converting to all electric in 2025 and the 911 will more than likely go hybrid around the same time).
this may be my last opportunity to get the gas versions. I plan to keep these cars for a long time. A lot of my friends believe these cars will hold their value especially since they will be manual versions. Do you agree with this assessment ?

·
Registered
563 Posts
Hi yrralis
Thank you very much for your advice with my purchases. I really do appreciate it !

I have revised my configuration again to reflect just the extended range fuel tank, and paint job (shark blue). There are some free options like leather steering wheel. The cost went down to 141550.00.
I have even deleted some of the safety features (LCA etc). I totally agree that I had a lot of options and luxuries previously selected that I did not need and did not add any performance (ex club leather).

For the cayman 718 again my options were minimized to shark blue, headlight cleaning system paint, and leather steering wheel (which was free). The cost went down to 91630.

part of me thinks it’s better that I don’t purchase these cars at all and that I should wait until the future.
However I don’t want to own a hybrid or electric version (the 718 is converting to all electric in 2025 and the 911 will more than likely go hybrid around the same time).
this may be my last opportunity to get the gas versions. I plan to keep these cars for a long time. A lot of my friends believe these cars will hold their value especially since they will be manual versions. Do you agree with this assessment ?
Let me clarify . When I said guys on the Macan forum go bananas with technology I meant in excess and at the sacrifice of other features . I remember a guy buying an S instead of a GTS and the technology he put on that car is dated . The components he gave up on the GTS are not .He over spec that S to end up paying more to have less car in the end . His GTS would have been a better car and worth more and in the end cost him less . But he wanted that JUNK. Its common ,

On a 140+K car you will need SOME creature comforts .

So I looked at your car . Granted you are paying 3K just for paint but I must admit the shark blue looks so much better on a GTS than a Gt3 . It was the promo color for the Gt3 .
On the exterior I added one thing thats not necessary . I put the gloss black calipers . I happen to like them on Shark and Chalk . I have seen them on chalk .

On the interior I did a few things . I left you with the sport seats even though I happen to love the 18 way . It was just to keep your price lower . Interiors are very personal . As long as you chose black (my usual choice as well) I felt the standard interior has a sandpaper like dash ,Its fine on a base car . It also can melt in hot sun . Its still ok but I put the leather race tex . I love race tex .Guys like Nick Murray hate it . On Rennlist the view varies . If you went full leather in black I wouldn't fight you on it but you would need ventilated seats .

I did put a leather , heated Gt steering wheel . Its a more sporty wheel . I believe the diameter is slightly smaller . Its nice . I did not choose heated for Florida but I have no idea where you live .
In cold weather its a must have.

I added premium package . Its a nice package . It gives a little technology like lane change . Its not a must have . It is a "nice to have" . It gives you Bose . Bose is not great but the standard radio is awful , It used to be even worse . Bose is adequate .

Just a sold black interior is very bare . You dont have to dress it up but I picked a few things to show an example . I put the carbon fiber inlays . Its a sporty classy touch . I put a guards red sport chrono dial along with seat belts . The dial is small and puts a little color inside . You could put a different color or none . Its just adds a little .

I still got you in at 152 and thats even with the special paint . You can change all of it .This was just a premilnary build . I changed my own build about 100 times before I ended it as final.
The configuaror is a full time job .There it is ...

The Porsche Code

Here is a slightly higher build . Both the chalk and Carnine GTS package look great but since you already saw red in my last car I picked chalk . They both work !!

This is an example of a luxury build . Although not my style I have seen a lot of guys go this route so gave an example. I added full leather . memory 18 way seats , a glass sunroof , and shark seat belts .

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Hi yrralis!
I really appreciate you taking the time to help me with my configuration. These three examples look really good. Honestly I like all three of them.
I can justify the luxury build because this is one of the last pure gas Porsche 911 gts that will be sold before they convert to hybrids soon.

Im also debating on whether is should get pdk or manual. I keep thinking manual but the pdk has many advantages. As you said it will maintain boost where the manual will not. Also it’s just much faster.

what do you think the resale value will be on pdk vs manual? Will one be more desirable in the future ?
Also I am considering the lightweight package just as you have on your build. With less sound deadening material it will feel more raw.
Thank you again yrralis !

·
Registered
563 Posts
Hi yrralis!
I really appreciate you taking the time to help me with my configuration. These three examples look really good. Honestly I like all three of them.
I can justify the luxury build because this is one of the last pure gas Porsche 911 gts that will be sold before they convert to hybrids soon.

Im also debating on whether is should get pdk or manual. I keep thinking manual but the pdk has many advantages. As you said it will maintain boost where the manual will not. Also it’s just much faster.

what do you think the resale value will be on pdk vs manual? Will one be more desirable in the future ?
Also I am considering the lightweight package just as you have on your build. With less sound deadening material it will feel more raw.
Thank you again yrralis !
There is nothing wrong with a luxury build or a manual . You can't look at the cars for resale unless its a GT car . To give an example I just traded in a 4.5 year old GTS . Since cars were plentiful at the purchase time a person didn't have to wait a year for a car. I bought a lot car . It was the first one my dealership got . It was a 141K car and was partial luxury . It had the glass sunroof . I drove it nearly 50K miles . I was offered 90K for it ing trade , I went tk THREE independent dealerships . None could beat it factoring in the tax credit of 7 percent . At first I expected more . The car is impeccable but I did drive it so it has miles . I pampered that car and I can only hope my new one is as reliable . With the tax credit I would have to clear 97K if I sold it private . They had to CPO the car so they are in it for 93 . If they sell it and close at 110 everyone wins . They make profit , new buyer gets the extended CPO warranty , and for me it was convenient . This is a STRONG market . In weak market I would be offered less .

This varies fro state to state . A person California has to sell private because he lacks a tax credit . Someone in Alaska lacks the credit but also pays no tax on the NEW car . This the trade in. number is interpreted. differently dependent on your local tax laws . Virginia was the hardest hitting . No credit , high tax, and the car is taxed a second time with property taxes .

Just an FYI - Porsche wont allow a lightweight package with a luxury build . The auto journalists love the lightweight package manual but they also love the PDK so you are on your own with that. The only compromise the do allow is the 18 way seats . They did weigh more tax the sport buckets . The buckets are beautiful looking but not very comfortable . They are a perfect driving seat but I pause from putting it on daily driver (especially at my age) . I agree on the cabin sound . It will, sound AMAZING . My modded car has a race exhaust so I don't fear LOUD . I just ask my wife ro speak up if we are on the phone .haha.

The most important thing is getting a slot first . Then you wil go through a gazillion builds until you get a final one . Its a process . I know people who love it but I dont . I miss the days of finding a car on a lot that is close enough with a nice discount . Those days are gone ()at least for now) .

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Hi yrralis

thank you very much for your post and sharing your thoughts on the future value of the car. I totally agree with you and that I should just pick what I want the most. I’m actually really considering the pdk gearbox now as it is much faster and easier to drive daily.
I’m considering getting the lightweight package with pdk on bucket seats. That would really make this car special!
I’m actually copying your exact build. Instead of silver, shark blue. Also I am not getting the carbon fiber roof and PCCB to make the car cheaper. Also the carbon fiber inlays I may have to forego.
But I do want the premium package, lightweight package and gts interior package in chalk.

I still have no idea how long it will take for the allocation to become available to me. Possibly two years. Thanks again!

·
Registered
563 Posts
Hi yrralis

thank you very much for your post and sharing your thoughts on the future value of the car. I totally agree with you and that I should just pick what I want the most. I’m actually really considering the pdk gearbox now as it is much faster and easier to drive daily.
I’m considering getting the lightweight package with pdk on bucket seats. That would really make this car special!
I’m actually copying your exact build. Instead of silver, shark blue. Also I am not getting the carbon fiber roof and PCCB to make the car cheaper. Also the carbon fiber inlays I may have to forego.
But I do want the premium package, lightweight package and gts interior package in chalk.

I still have no idea how long it will take for the allocation to become available to me. Possibly two years. Thanks again!
If you get the GTS package you cant remove the carbon .Porsche deletes the entire package . Sport buckets are amazing but not very comfortable . Long trips or going on a. date can be an obstacle . Heavy family members or friends will cringe . Old people will, struggle . But yes they are bad A**
Car Vehicle Land vehicle Window Motor vehicle

21 - 40 of 45 Posts