Porsche 992 Forum banner
41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
If you get the GTS package you cant remove the carbon .Porsche deletes the entire package . Sport buckets are amazing but not very comfortable . Long trips or going on a. date can be an obstacle . Heavy family members or friends will cringe . Old people will, struggle . But yes they are bad A**
View attachment 339
Thank you so much yrralis!
those look amazing ! And I’m definitely wanting the lightweight package with the bucket seats.
It’s gonna cost me a lot of money but you only live once lol.
Thanks again !

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello everyone. Just a couple quick questions for @yrralis1. I also live in Florida and am trying to get an allocation for a 911 GTS which will be my 2nd Porsche. I also have a 2022 Panamera Turbo S. Can you please explain what the tax credit is that you've mentioned in this Thread a few times? And secondly, my desire is to build a PTS 911 GTS. Is that something which can realistically happen, or is that going to be impossible in the current climate? Thank you very much!

·
Registered
563 Posts
Hello everyone. Just a couple quick questions for @yrralis1. I also live in Florida and am trying to get an allocation for a 911 GTS which will be my 2nd Porsche. I also have a 2022 Panamera Turbo S. Can you please explain what the tax credit is that you've mentioned in this Thread a few times? And secondly, my desire is to build a PTS 911 GTS. Is that something which can realistically happen, or is that going to be impossible in the current climate? Thank you very much!
The tax credit I’m talking about is regarding the trade. Supposing you get $50,000 on your trade-in. You will not have to pay tax on the $50,000 towards your tire car . This obviously only works if the new car is more expensive. Other states sometimes make the person pay tax on the entire car regardless of what they are trading in.

Finding a GTS slut and ordering a paint sample car in this market is almost as complicated as hoping to win the lottery. It is extremely difficult to get a 911 allocation for any model MSRP. There are some dealerships that if you offer them over MSRP they may be interested but that is not what I ever intend to do. I am grateful to my dealership for not charging over MSRP but getting the slot is based upon the waiting list line . It also is based upon one’s history of purchasing cars with that dealership. VIP buyers like guys who have bought 918s get priority. I fall in the next year. I’ve bought 17 cars from them. I got the first GTS slot. I also put my deposit in before the car was even announced.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The tax credit I’m talking about is regarding the trade. Supposing you get $50,000 on your trade-in. You will not have to pay tax on the $50,000 towards your tire car . This obviously only works if the new car is more expensive. Other states sometimes make the person pay tax on the entire car regardless of what they are trading in.

Finding a GTS slut and ordering a paint sample car in this market is almost as complicated as hoping to win the lottery. It is extremely difficult to get a 911 allocation for any model MSRP. There are some dealerships that if you offer them over MSRP they may be interested but that is not what I ever intend to do. I am grateful to my dealership for not charging over MSRP but getting the slot is based upon the waiting list line . It also is based upon one’s history of purchasing cars with that dealership. VIP buyers like guys who have bought 918s get priority. I fall in the next year. I’ve bought 17 cars from them. I got the first GTS slot. I also put my deposit in before the car was even announced.
Thank you very much for responding. I always keep the cars I buy and hand them down to my kids rather than trade them in, hence the reason I was unaware of the sales tax credit. My local dealership doesn't charge over MSRP, but the trick, like you said, is to get the allotment. I figured there was no way I'd get a PTS GTS so I decided to go with either Aventurine Green or Gentian Blue if an allocation should magically appear. As for a PTS choice I configured a Carrera 4S in Racing Green Metallic in the event an allocation for that becomes available somehow. While I'd prefer the GTS, I'd rather not wait 2+ years to get it and am perfectly fine with a Carrera 4S sooner-but built precisely as I want it. I'm not normally a track guy anyway, but rather a GT guy who loves spirited driving. I know the rear-wheel drive car handles better than the 4S, it's my kids who want all-wheel drive, but we'll see how it plays out. Anyway, thank you again for responding so quickly. Any advice you can offer to help me get an allocation would be greatly appreciated. Please PM me if you have any suggestions.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Thank you very much for responding. I always keep the cars I buy and hand them down to my kids rather than trade them in, hence the reason I was unaware of the sales tax credit. My local dealership doesn't charge over MSRP, but the trick, like you said, is to get the allotment. I figured there was no way I'd get a PTS GTS so I decided to go with either Aventurine Green or Gentian Blue if an allocation should magically appear. As for a PTS choice I configured a Carrera 4S in Racing Green Metallic in the event an allocation for that becomes available somehow. While I'd prefer the GTS, I'd rather not wait 2+ years to get it and am perfectly fine with a Carrera 4S sooner-but built precisely as I want it. I'm not normally a track guy anyway, but rather a GT guy who loves spirited driving. I know the rear-wheel drive car handles better than the 4S, it's my kids who want all-wheel drive, but we'll see how it plays out. Anyway, thank you again for responding so quickly. Any advice you can offer to help me get an allocation would be greatly appreciated. Please PM me if you have any suggestions.
The answer is very simple. Porsche is building the suvs and Taycans . They are just building limited 911. Anyone getting a car has either patiently waited forever like most on this forum or they are paying over MSRP. Even used cars are over MSRP. I know one person who has a turbo s than he paid over MSRP And got over MSRP in trade on another one that he’s paying over MSRP. He’s trading cars like bitcoin. There are a bunch of independent lots where people have flipped their cars at the huge loss to the dealerships. That is also part of the reason why dealerships are selective on who they give a slot to. My dealership knows I would never flip my car. In fact I would not even think about selling it privately. They clearly are counting on my car back in the certified lot if I choose to at some point ever part with it. The fact that you don’t have a trade goes against you. If you had a 911 to get them with low miles or relatively new you have added incentive.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts