Porsche 992 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone done any HPDE events in their 992 C2? How does it perform on track? Not to make this a C2 vs C2S discussion, I was curious what anyone who actually owns a C2 and has tracked it (HPDE) thinks about it? Thanks.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I did my first HPDE this past weekend in New Jersey on the Lighting track at NJMP. I have a C2S so I can’t speak for the performance difference, but given what I was able to accomplish over the course of eight 25 minute track sessions, I’m sure you won’t be disappointed. You might give up a little speed on straights, but you’ll realize quickly that the cornering and braking ability of these cars is off the charts. And that’s where you make up time. These cars do exactly what you want them to do. Your job is to get them in the right spots on the track at the right time, the car will do the rest.

As an aside, I thought I was absolutely thrashing the car and when I took it to my dealer to have a post event check done, I only used 1mm of brake pads and 1mm of tire tread. These cars are built to do this and are way more capable than you think.

Have fun and don’t sweat the horsepower and torque differences. If you feel like you’re underpowered, GIAC has software upgrades for your car that will get you up to C2S power.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did my first HPDE this past weekend in New Jersey on the Lighting track at NJMP. I have a C2S so I can’t speak for the performance difference, but given what I was able to accomplish over the course of eight 25 minute track sessions, I’m sure you won’t be disappointed. You might give up a little speed on straights, but you’ll realize quickly that the cornering and braking ability of these cars is off the charts. And that’s where you make up time. These cars do exactly what you want them to do. Your job is to get them in the right spots on the track at the right time, the car will do the rest.

As an aside, I thought I was absolutely thrashing the car and when I took it to my dealer to have a post event check done, I only used 1mm of brake pads and 1mm of tire tread. These cars are built to do this and are way more capable than you think.

Have fun and don’t sweat the horsepower and torque differences. If you feel like you’re underpowered, GIAC has software upgrades for your car that will get you up to C2S power.
Thanks for your insights. Not too worried about HP/TQ difference, more so on the consumables.With the cars being almost the same weight but C2S having better brakes, I was wondering if there's a big difference. Good insight on the brake wear! I'm an novice driver with probably 3-4 track days a year, just want to have fun and explore the limits, not looking to set times.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts