Porsche 992 Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Frustrated to read these issues. I took delivery of my 992 in February 2020.

My "P" button light doesn't work 90% of the time. My car rarely knows when it's home to pull up the garage so I had to hard code a button for that. I've got the same door issues with the locking and unlocking. The proximity sensor for the hood latch release has never worked right. My weather app also frustrates me but the worse is not being able to scroll radio favorites which blows my mind.

There are times the car sits for days and as soon as it's started the garage pops up but typically it doesn't at all and I have to wait for the PCM to completely boot so I can open the garage.

The process when I back out of the garage is stupid because of all the clicks to put it in park, turn off the camera so I can click a hard coded button to launch the garage to close it.

I'm really disappointed that well over a year later none of these issues have been solved.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Love my C2S cab but I do have an issue with the Check Engine Light. It's been on most of the time. I assume it's a gas cap issue but I've tightened and re-tightened the gas cap multiple times. The light went off at one point for a short time but then came back on again. I'm too far from a dealer to make a trip just for this. Any ideas or suggestions?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Not really happy to read about these issues. I have a stuck wastegate on the 2nd bank, and the dealer says that it is an issue of the enitre 992 series. Has any of you encountered a similar problem? I have a feeling that my dealer is just trying to get rid of me.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Love my C2S cab but I do have an issue with the Check Engine Light. It's been on most of the time. I assume it's a gas cap issue but I've tightened and re-tightened the gas cap multiple times. The light went off at one point for a short time but then came back on again. I'm too far from a dealer to make a trip just for this. Any ideas or suggestions?
Last I knew, none of the commercial OBD II scanners had 992 updates. A month ago or so, my indy garage used a Foxwell scanner--choosing "991" as the model designation--to identify four codes: 009FC4, 008599, 002EB2, 0085C3. Garage cleared those codes and all was good for about three weeks until CEL returned.

Second reading showed only two of the above codes had reappeared: 009FC4 and 002EB2. Those have been cleared and shared by him with a Porsche dealer (the nearest dealer is a three-hour drive for me, so I'm not very excited about investing the time involved in going there for this particular issue).

The dealer said that so far, anyway, there is no master Porsche list of code readings for 992 cars available for public consumption. Are 992 generation cars so new that Porsche has only begun to see a few codes show up in cars such as mine? In any event, the dealer was willing to run these codes up the Porsche flagpole. This leaves the shop and myself awaiting further word from Porsche. Hopefully--and most probably--these codes are minor but, still, a nuisance ... and seemingly an indication that something's not quite right.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Dealer tells me the first and fourth codes are "ghost" codes related to an exhaust flap--ghost codes considered to be no problem.

Second and third codes indicate a fuel "leak," meaning a sensor could be detecting fuel vapor. This is most likely a gas cap issue, likely a bad sensor within the cap (or maybe a leaky cap?). Or a fuel tank issue, which is highly unlikely. They're mailing me a new gas cap to test. We shall see!

·
Registered
52 Posts
The Check Engine Light flashes once on my car too when I was speeding up on the highway but then went out. Until now it didn't happened again but I drove it only for 1500km...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just joined the forum. Curious if you got resolution on the door rattle issue. I just took ownership of my new 992 (2021 model) in December and it already has developed the squeak/rattle in the passenger side door. I only hear it on rougher roads, but it's already super annoying. I haven't reached out to my dealer yet.
Hi from the other side of the pond. From the comments on the Forum it's beginning to look as though there is some kind of build issue with the doors. I've had my 992 C4s for 4 months now and it's gone back three times. Initially this was from part of the locking mechanism under the door that clunked on rougher roads - just needed adjusting, simple fix. Next it was from the dashboard trim that contacted with the windscreen glass , squeaking away continuously but especially at about 1800rpm- really annoying. That has now been resolved.
Now I have a rattle from the passenger door, so that's the US driver's side. They're now replacing the speaker - which does rattle at a relatively low volume (half way up) but the rattle is sometimes there when I have no music playing which is the majority of the time. Also got a little squeak from the roof that i'm going to learn to live with
I love the car and can't wait for the weather to be good enough to give it a good spanking on some dry roads with the top down (which in the UK will be one week in July).
This is my first Porsche and I hadn't expected a car of such reputed build quality to have this nonsense going on. Interestingly they have given me a Macan GTS with 2000 miles on the clock as a loaner - I'm pretty sure that passenger door squeaks as well.
Good luck with yours

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hi from the other side of the pond. From the comments on the Forum it's beginning to look as though there is some kind of build issue with the doors. I've had my 992 C4s for 4 months now and it's gone back three times. Initially this was from part of the locking mechanism under the door that clunked on rougher roads - just needed adjusting, simple fix. Next it was from the dashboard trim that contacted with the windscreen glass , squeaking away continuously but especially at about 1800rpm- really annoying. That has now been resolved.
Now I have a rattle from the passenger door, so that's the US driver's side. They're now replacing the speaker - which does rattle at a relatively low volume (half way up) but the rattle is sometimes there when I have no music playing which is the majority of the time. Also got a little squeak from the roof that i'm going to learn to live with
I love the car and can't wait for the weather to be good enough to give it a good spanking on some dry roads with the top down (which in the UK will be one week in July).
This is my first Porsche and I hadn't expected a car of such reputed build quality to have this nonsense going on. Interestingly they have given me a Macan GTS with 2000 miles on the clock as a loaner - I'm pretty sure that passenger door squeaks as well.
Good luck with yours
Sorry to hear about all the issues with your doors @guardsman999. Was everything covered under warranty?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sorry to hear about all the issues with your doors @guardsman999. Was everything covered under warranty?
HI Ricky - yes all covered under warranty. Just had the car back and yet to try it - they tell me the speaker is fine but that they have replaced the door card. They also tell me that they have had a few others like this (strange because when I first mentioned it two months ago they looked blank) and this is the supposed fix. Fingers crossed.

It would appear from the number of people who have mentioned squeaking / rattling doors that this may be a build issue. I would suggest to anyone experiencing this not to live with it but to get back to your dealership and keep banging on at them until they get it right

·
Registered
12 Posts
Dealer tells me the first and fourth codes are "ghost" codes related to an exhaust flap--ghost codes considered to be no problem.

Second and third codes indicate a fuel "leak," meaning a sensor could be detecting fuel vapor. This is most likely a gas cap issue, likely a bad sensor within the cap (or maybe a leaky cap?). Or a fuel tank issue, which is highly unlikely. They're mailing me a new gas cap to test. We shall see!
UPDATE: Dealer sent new gas cap but CEL never went away. Will reassess in the spring. Sigh.

·
Registered
12 Posts
UPDATE: Dealer sent new gas cap but CEL never went away. Will reassess in the spring. Sigh.
OK. Finally took the car to Porsche Downtown Chicago, which traced the problem to a faulty carbon cannister. Cannister problem addressed under warranty--along with two minor recalls--and no more CEL! Note that at my request, they had pro-actively ordered a replacement tent tank valve to have on hand just in case (another 992 owner had encouraged me to ask the dealership to do this, citing the tent tank valve as a likely culprit, which proved not to be the case for me).

Cannot say enough about the staff at PDC! Great people, excellent service department, etc.

·
Registered
4 Posts
HI Ricky - yes all covered under warranty. Just had the car back and yet to try it - they tell me the speaker is fine but that they have replaced the door card. They also tell me that they have had a few others like this (strange because when I first mentioned it two months ago they looked blank) and this is the supposed fix. Fingers crossed.

It would appear from the number of people who have mentioned squeaking / rattling doors that this may be a build issue. I would suggest to anyone experiencing this not to live with it but to get back to your dealership and keep banging on at them until they get it right
I am having a similar problem with a 2020 992 I purchased and the dealer has replaced all of the speakers on the driver’s side and when I play music with any type of base the door rattles like crazy and you cannot even enjoy your music. It’s extremely frustrating.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am having a similar problem with a 2020 992 I purchased and the dealer has replaced all of the speakers on the driver’s side and when I play music with any type of base the door rattles like crazy and you cannot even enjoy your music. It’s extremely frustrating.
I'm taking my in for the 3rd time this Friday, so u can let the tech listen to what I'm hearing. My driver’s side don't vibrates when I listen to any music with base. It's very disappointing. I did get all new speakers out of the process, but u need the door to stop rattling.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts