Porsche 992 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you guys hear a turbo? Initial reports suggested we'll get a naturally aspirated 4.0-liter flat six. GT2 and GT3 models are our last hope!

·
Registered
81 Posts
some people say they hear an electric motor going but I can't pick up on it, is Porsche supposed to be introducing hybrid tech in the GT3?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
some people say they hear an electric motor going but I can't pick up on it, is Porsche supposed to be introducing hybrid tech in the GT3?
I sort of do.
More concerning is we don't hear any hint of a manual transmission. Lots of rumors going around say the new GT versions won't get a manual. Hopefully they are wrong.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I heard some of these test mules are hiding colors we haven't seen before. Has anyone been able to spot them, even some bits of camo that might be entirely secured?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Any ideas on what the lap times would be? I think I read somewhere that the 2020 Carrera S was around 7:25 (not sure if that's accurate or not).

·
Registered
81 Posts
Any ideas on what the lap times would be? I think I read somewhere that the 2020 Carrera S was around 7:25 (not sure if that's accurate or not).
Haven't seen anything yet but Porsche being committed to not making GT's go electric might hurt track times.

An alternative might be hybrid GT versions.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So after watching this video of the Carrera S vs Evora, i'm quite impressed and can't wait to see how the new GT3 compares to a rival like it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
So after watching this video of the Carrera S vs Evora, i'm quite impressed and can't wait to see how the new GT3 compares to a rival like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVbKP_J_fPM
It doesn't surprise me that the Carrera S was the better overall car than the Evora but what I find interesting is the reviewer talking about how he would prefer to have more engine noise and/or road noise to liven things up. Hopefully it's not too subdued when driving.

·
Registered
81 Posts
It doesn't surprise me that the Carrera S was the better overall car than the Evora but what I find interesting is the reviewer talking about how he would prefer to have more engine noise and/or road noise to liven things up. Hopefully it's not too subdued when driving.
That's just personal preference. To some its worth the trade off of a driving experience that can't be had with a traditional powertrain setup.

·
Registered
46 Posts
That's just personal preference. To some its worth the trade off of a driving experience that can't be had with a traditional powertrain setup.
That's very true, which is why I hope the 992 still delivers that kind of experience despite being so sophisticated.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts