Porsche 992 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone! New to the forums here but looking forward to being a part of the community :) I'm semi-in-the-market to explore spec'ing out a GT3 by dealer allocation. Been shopping around locally here in Southern California and the lowest premium I've found is MSRP + $50K. Was wondering if anyone else has put an order in for less and which dealership is going to fulfill the order. Would be willing to try buying out of CA if need be. TIA! - David

·
Registered
800 Posts
Hey Everyone! New to the forums here but looking forward to being a part of the community :) I'm semi-in-the-market to explore spec'ing out a GT3 by dealer allocation. Been shopping around locally here in Southern California and the lowest premium I've found is MSRP + $50K. Was wondering if anyone else has put an order in for less and which dealership is going to fulfill the order. Would be willing to try buying out of CA if need be. TIA! - David
Welcome David! Beyond the ADM, the probability of putting your hands on a 992 GT3 is unfortunately and "depressingly" very low...if not just impossible. At least from what I read (see link). I have already shared this article with another fellow canadian seeking to buy a GT3. In short:

"Dealers that will get GT3s are going to prioritize their local clients that are either current GT series owners or other high-dollar clients. Most of the folks that bought a previous generation GT3 put themselves on the waitlist for this car before the model even existed. So your best chance of getting a GT3 is to already have bought one. Your next best shot is to have purchased or leased several cars from the same store."

"So what should you do if you have GT3 dreams but don’t have the ownership history or want to pay the markup? My solution is not the one most people want to hear. First, be honest with yourself as to why you want a GT3. Is this a car to enjoy as a daily driver or is it a track weapon? If you are in the first camp, buy any 911 you can get. Even a “base” Carrera is still a fantastic car and way more livable on normal roads compared to the extreme GT3. If you are looking for a track toy, do you have the training and skill to capitalize on the GT3s engineering?"

But maybe things are different in the States. In Canada, dealer markups are not even legal!

Good luck and keep us posted...

·
Registered
17 Posts
I was also looking at getting a gt3 and unfortunately most dealerships won’t even add me to their list. One dealership told me I’d be the 50 th person in the list. The markup would be 50 k.
Most gt3 models will be sold to current gt3 owners as the dealership is expecting them to return their current gt3 and trade it in.

my goal is to make some purchases with the local dealership and after a couple purchases I can probably get on the list for the gt3 and get one in 10 years maybe lol.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The mark up is just another way of corrupting the industry. I have been in many countries , you would find this phenomenon only in highly inflated dictatorships. As an American, I’m ashamed of this situation and Germany 🇩🇪 and Scandinavians consider Mark up illegal. This is where regulation is needed. Dealership already received big incentives from manufacture . There should be no need for further greed unless the system allows you to do So. You already make 50 grand from the incentives , why would you hike the price for another 100 k,? Those who pay markup are actually fueling this corruption.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.