Porsche 992 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some new photos of the 992 GT3 have surfaced, but this time its seen roaming a frigid winter environment. Since this is a track focused car, I doubt that many owners will subject it to this kind of terrain. However being mid-engine, that should give it better traction due to weight distribution. Even though its still covered in plenty of cladding and camouflage there is no missing the center exit exhaust and the large bright yellow brake calipers. We've been seeing these prototypes for a while now, but the full reveal is still months away.

·
Registered
168 Posts
What a difference from the existing 991 GT3 RS which I thought looked modern enough but after seeing the 992 the differences in time is clearer

·
Registered
76 Posts
I don't think this is the final production wing, but the most notable changes will be happening under the hood. Can't wait to see what sort of performance times the new model can hit during track tests.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I'm surprised at the fact the 911 is still sold today which is not something that many automakers these days have going for themselves. Instead its some models that are around for a bit, disappear and return not exact like its consumer base demanded.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is one of the most impressive aspects of the 911 imo. In the decades that it has been around for, each new evolution has still managed to retain that which made the previous generation so great. Bringing improvements but respecting legacy is a fine line to walk.

·
Registered
168 Posts
This is one of the most impressive aspects of the 911 imo. In the decades that it has been around for, each new evolution has still managed to retain that which made the previous generation so great. Bringing improvements but respecting legacy is a fine line to walk.
Yes, its quite rare to see it happen and there are few other examples like it.
VW group might be the one to thank, they were responsible for helping Lamborghini and that might be the case here as well

1 - 6 of 6 Posts