Porsche 992 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Question: I have mine coming in a couple of weeks and wondering what you have done for break in? Have you tried launch control? Curious to know you're approach here, thanks!
I only have 100 miles on it so far. I got the car and the next day city construction tore up my entire block . So I put it in the garage . Then I was ready but got slammed being sick . I am sort of better but now wife is slammed with the same . Its not Covid but neither of us have ever been blown away worse by a cold . I can finally drive it .

My plan is to pamper it for at least the first 300 miles . Then gradually a sprint here or there but nothing crazy . In the past I did drive them harder but I waited a year for this car . All those weeks of "is it on the boat." or "did you get a slot yet" have taken its toll , I dont want to do anything to mess this one up.
At least tats where I stand today after I feel like I have been hung out to dry .

If by chance I unleash it at some point I might sway so my reply is a snapshot of the moment .

·
Registered
561 Posts
I only have 100 miles on it so far. I got the car and the next day city construction tore up my entire block . So I put it in the garage . Then I was ready but got slammed being sick . I am sort of better but now wife is slammed with the same . Its not Covid but neither of us have ever been blown away worse by a cold . I can finally drive it .

My plan is to pamper it for at least the first 300 miles . Then gradually a sprint here or there but nothing crazy . In the past I did drive them harder but I waited a year for this car . All those weeks of "is it on the boat." or "did you get a slot yet" have taken its toll , I dont want to do anything to mess this one up.
At least tats where I stand today after I feel like I have been hung out to dry .

If by chance I unleash it at some point I might sway so my reply is a snapshot of the moment .
Slow and steady wins the race! Close to 1300 miles on this end so I’m sticking to the plan!

·
Registered
20 Posts

Glad to hear you guys are feeling better and now able to enjoy your car! I think I'll piggy back your plan and try to maintain my composure for 300-500 miles as I too have been waiting what seems like an eternity LOL.

·
Registered
561 Posts
I am a big fan of the manuals, especially in Porsches. How do you like this version of the manual compared to other model generations? I have a 964 and 991.1S manual.
P, my last manual was my 2014 981 and it’s NIGHT AND DAY different! Smooth as butter and short throw and with the rev match feature it sounds like I know what I’m doing! You will love it!

·
Registered
14 Posts

Any more updates on driving impressions?

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Any more updates on driving impressions?
I took the car out today. Keep in mind with now only 100 miles I am still in the early break in . I used to not be so hesitant to defy the limitations but since it took me a year to get the car I almost feel its not replaceable . Thus I am babying it. I don't think I will make it to 2K miles though before I unleash it.

One thing I do notice is a lot of low end torque . Even at the low RPMs the car moves I do miss old school technology though . I wish there was an actual button for a radio station . I even miss an old fashioned key. I suppose just like Im amp waiting so will my review on what the car can do. I haven't pushed it yet even though I want to.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Finally arrived at dealer, much sooner than I expected! Still have to wait on transport to me from NY to LA but am so eager to finally get in and drive! Will update with driving impressions soon! I have clear front markers ready to go in along with sport cat down pipes! Should be amazing!
Tire Car Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle
Car Vehicle Car seat cover Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
14 Posts
I took the car out today. Keep in mind with now only 100 miles I am still in the early break in . I used to not be so hesitant to defy the limitations but since it took me a year to get the car I almost feel its not replaceable . Thus I am babying it. I don't think I will make it to 2K miles though before I unleash it.

One thing I do notice is a lot of low end torque . Even at the low RPMs the car moves I do miss old school technology though . I wish there was an actual button for a radio station . I even miss an old fashioned key. I suppose just like Im amp waiting so will my review on what the car can do. I haven't pushed it yet even though I want to.
Ha, I could never drive so little if I had a new car ;) Take her out for a drive where there is no traffic!

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Ha, I could never drive so little if I had a new car ;) Take her out for a drive where there is no traffic!
I had too many things at once last week. On top of that I had my other cars back and forth to the shop along with 2 loaners. This time around I am really hoping to pamper the car . My last one with 50K miles too a big hit in resale because of the mileage . I still intend to drive the car .I just don't want to wastefully drive it .

·
Registered
561 Posts
I had too many things at once last week. On top of that I had my other cars back and forth to the shop along with 2 loaners. This time around I am really hoping to pamper the car . My last one with 50K miles too a big hit in resale because of the mileage . I still intend to drive the car .I just don't want to wastefully drive it .
I know what you mean....busy on this end also but just hit 1500 miles yesterday and taking it away tomorrow for a long weekend. I'll be in it today after cutting the grass and other chores. Get on it Larry!

·
Registered
354 Posts
I hear you Larry but I don't think "wastefull driving" is possible with a 911! LOL! 😅

21 - 40 of 63 Posts