I posted this on Rennlist . Some of it was thanking them as I struggled with colors in the ordering phase . Much of it I have talked about here .
I picked up my car on Friday and it went straight to PPF . I got it back today and went driving . Here are my first brief impressions .
1) On Friday I asked about my suspension . I gave the tire pressure by memory and was wrong . They were overfilled . Thats solved .
2) Normal mode is almost like sport mode in previous Porsches . Its not quite as aggressive but it finally isn't total boredom .
3) Sport mode really ups the ante . It lets the driver know not just that its ready but that is eager !! I really like that !!
4) With the lightweight package suspension and handling is sublime . It came with Goodyears and I know some here like them . They are acceptable or maybe its the car being that good !! It blows away my 991.2 GTS and I haven't even nailed it hard yet (break in ) .
5) That lightweight package has the glass where it keeps the ambient noise out and retains the engine sound . Its freaking incredible !!
6) PCCB - Yikes !! I only had one car before it back in 2005 and they have come very far. I also have Brembo BBK on my 997.1tt . They are different . PCCB takes this car down better . I actually had to slam them once .
7) Technology - I skip most of it but the two things I feel I need (phone and sat radio) I have with ease . I am all good .
8) The Comfort settings - I am very old school but Im am giving it a whirl (soft close doors .. etc)
I have less than 50 miles on the car . I have to get those stickers off my visors .I got home just in time to see city construction first the first time ever . Thats why I had to slam my brakes . A worker had his truck parked in the street and as I slowly moved alongside it he through a giant hose from the other side that almost hit my car . I stopped in time . It dangled in front of me . He looked at me . I looked at him . He's digging up my entire block . Its going in the garage when he's here .
I wish the GTS came with Race Tex roof liner . It was standard last car . I even have it on my Macan Turbo.
Gt silver was a great choice and I am so glad that you guys posted all those pictures on the many picture threads . The truth is the car looks great in any color but this is working for me . I am glad I did the carbon roof .
I love the car already and am still learning it .
View attachment 591