Porsche 992 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello boys and girls

Long time Audi Bmw owner ~ Going to be ordering my first Porsche : )

this is basically what I'm trying to spec

Wanted to reach out and see if theres a list of must haves ~ the option choices are a little overwhelming (esp with the interior)

Any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello boys and girls

Wanted to reach out and see if theres a list of must haves ~ the option choices are a little overwhelming (esp with the interior)

Have you ordered yet?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Have you ordered yet?
No not yet - just Finnish the garage floor
I too spec’d Crayon for my Turbo S. The best colour by far. Has an off white tint in sunlight and a very elegant grey in cloudy or darker weather. For the exterior all plastic parts are being painted high gloss black because the plastic diffusers, air intakes, window sills etc really cheapen the look in my opinion. Brake callipers also painted black. Yellow has no place in my little world and there is no need to scream ceramics for a car like this. I went for weight loss and performance gain versus driving aids, many of which are a) very expensive and b) certainly not required for me (lane assist, parking cam, adaptive cruise) since you are buying a high performance car that has daily drive ability. I guess if you manage 650 bhp, you know how to park a car. :)

I have spec’d carbon roof for weight loss and lower centre of gravity, lightweight glass and added sport exhaust. Also replacing the OEM battery with a Porsche motorsport Lithium battery to shave off an extra 40 lbs. Stayed away from the aero package. Think it looks good in the rear but not in front.

Interior I chose dark grey leather with crayon contrast stitching and crayon belts. I have seen Manufaktur leathers at huge extra cost but cant find a difference with the stock leather. This is unless you want multi-colour leather interiors. Alcantara GT Carbon steering wheel and middle console to match the alcantara ceiling and A frame as well as carbon package interiors. I think having dark grey leather, Matt carbon finishes, grey alcantara and crayon accents makes it look homogeneous, elegant but still sport-driven. Only weight added extra is the front axle lift, given that bumps and my garage entrance gradient are a fact of life where I live. Heated seats based on my climate but no cooling. Either or both work extremely well and fast.

Also went for Burmester audio but understand that the 2nd tier Bose is also good unless, like me you have audiophile OCD. For me it’s either engine noise only or theatre sound if I am on a long cruise. Definitely more nice to have than must have for most though.

As a 930 tribute I spec’d the new straight 5 Spoke wheels (not the original looking ones) that make a subtle reference to the original and are not a payable option. Also adding the sharkskin sticker under the air intake.

This is my 5th Porsche and with the Turbo S, the area below the air intake, takes a lot of beating given the extended rear arches. For additional protection the whole car has a PPF and ceramic coating (wheels too) and nano coating for all windows. Use the money you save on all needless aides to pay for what I think is a very good investment in protecting your paintwork (also adds a little more shine and contour and makes maintenance/washing a breeze).

Hope this helps and enjoy the very best Porsche yet!
Markus

·
Registered
5 Posts
I too spec’d Crayon for my Turbo S. The best colour by far. Has an off white tint in sunlight and a very elegant grey in cloudy or darker weather. For the exterior all plastic parts are being painted high gloss black because the plastic diffusers, air intakes, window sills etc really cheapen the look in my opinion. Brake callipers also painted black. Yellow has no place in my little world and there is no need to scream ceramics for a car like this. I went for weight loss and performance gain versus driving aids, many of which are a) very expensive and b) certainly not required for me (lane assist, parking cam, adaptive cruise) since you are buying a high performance car that has daily drive ability. I guess if you manage 650 bhp, you know how to park a car. :)

I have spec’d carbon roof for weight loss and lower centre of gravity, lightweight glass and added sport exhaust. Also replacing the OEM battery with a Porsche motorsport Lithium battery to shave off an extra 40 lbs. Stayed away from the aero package. Think it looks good in the rear but not in front.

Interior I chose dark grey leather with crayon contrast stitching and crayon belts. I have seen Manufaktur leathers at huge extra cost but cant find a difference with the stock leather. This is unless you want multi-colour leather interiors. Alcantara GT Carbon steering wheel and middle console to match the alcantara ceiling and A frame as well as carbon package interiors. I think having dark grey leather, Matt carbon finishes, grey alcantara and crayon accents makes it look homogeneous, elegant but still sport-driven. Only weight added extra is the front axle lift, given that bumps and my garage entrance gradient are a fact of life where I live. Heated seats based on my climate but no cooling. Either or both work extremely well and fast.

Also went for Burmester audio but understand that the 2nd tier Bose is also good unless, like me you have audiophile OCD. For me it’s either engine noise only or theatre sound if I am on a long cruise. Definitely more nice to have than must have for most though.

As a 930 tribute I spec’d the new straight 5 Spoke wheels (not the original looking ones) that make a subtle reference to the original and are not a payable option. Also adding the sharkskin sticker under the air intake.

This is my 5th Porsche and with the Turbo S, the area below the air intake, takes a lot of beating given the extended rear arches. For additional protection the whole car has a PPF and ceramic coating (wheels too) and nano coating for all windows. Use the money you save on all needless aides to pay for what I think is a very good investment in protecting your paintwork (also adds a little more shine and contour and makes maintenance/washing a breeze).

Hope this helps and enjoy the very best Porsche yet!
Markus
And of course, blackened rear lights Porsche logo high gloss black and no model designation.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I paid €228,000 plus an extra 3% on around €200,000 because of Covid VAT adjustments in Germany. PPF, coating, extra paint etc approx. €8,000. Not sure how that would translate for a car bought in the US.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Porsche is generally very good off-factory with their paint job but small imperfections always remain, since they are not hand-painted. So giving the car an off showroom treatment is always a good idea, if you have a top quality detailer near you. In my case, they are doing paint imperfections, painting the rear/front diffuser, side sills in Porsche gloss black, then add self-healing PPF for the whole car and a GYEON ceramic coating on top as well as on the wheels (5-year warranty). Also GYEON nano treatment for the windows. In the below video you can see how it is done to perfection. These guys are in the UK but that is the kind of outcome you are looking for.

Now that the GT3 is out, I have a feeling that the Turbo S will become THE Porsche and definitely a keeper in value and desirability. Am already hearing that the waitlist for Turbos is growing. Haven't seen or heard anything but great reviews of the car and you know you are onto a winner if the only complaints are the design of the cupholder or gear shifter....

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yes i have a M4 that i did that to as soon as it arrived from Germany ~ paint correction, ppf , ceramic coating etc

i noticed they offer the front PPF as an option ~ i take it you skipped having the factory do it /.????

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello boys and girls

Congrats! I took delivery of my 992 turbo S a few weeks ago and it has been worth every penny. IMO the 3 specs that I think you HAVE to get are sport design package, 18 way seats and PSE. The reason I say sport design is because it really makes the car look that much better. It is an expensive option but god it makes the car stand out so much more on the road you feel like you’re driving a Ferrari or something. 18 way seats are totally worth it. IMO they are better than other models of Porsches 18 way seats. They are so comfortable and you can adjust the lumbar to be in any position you want. Definitely needed if you plan on driving the car very often. Lastly, the PSE is needed because it really opens the car up. Stock exhaust isn’t terrible, but PSE makes the car sound how it should. Lots of backfire in sport mode, above 3k rpm it has that flat 6 howl and is way louder than what you see on video.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
nice !!!!! will definitely go with the PSE

if you don't mind me asking ~ did you just pay the $200 plus invoice ~ or did they give you any deal with Financing ~ i was just going to pay cash ..... but if the financing is something i can't pass up .....

·
Registered
8 Posts

if you don't mind me asking ~ did you just pay the $200 plus invoice ~ or did they give you any deal with Financing ~ i was just going to pay cash ..... but if the financing is something i can't pass up .....
We just paid up front in cash. Financing offer was pretty standard for us, so I figured cash was better option. So far it looks like 992 Turbo’s have held value pretty well.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
We just paid up front in cash. Financing offer was pretty standard for us, so I figured cash was better option. So far it looks like 992 Turbo’s have held value pretty well.

yes thats what i figured ~ sports pkg is starting to grow on my ~ how long did it take to get the car after you spec ?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts