Porsche 992 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mercedes came on the scene recently with the AMG GT to take on the 911 that has long established itself with little or no direct rivals. Yet again AMG will be matching Porsche with a hybrid powertrain, early reports suggest it'll be in the neighborhood of 800-hp in some configurations. As developments on the hybrid systems of both models come out, use this thread to share and compare details because ultimately we'll want to see their strengths and weaknesses.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I was not expecting the AMG GT to go 4 door, and I have to admit that its better looking than I had anticipated. I doubt that Porsche will ever go this route with the 992, but there is something to be said about a family hauler that's setting Nürburgring records.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was not expecting the AMG GT to go 4 door, and I have to admit that its better looking than I had anticipated. I doubt that Porsche will ever go this route with the 992, but there is something to be said about a family hauler that's setting Nürburgring records.
A baby Panamera called the "Pajun" is apparently in the works and should do some damage to similar sedans, even the upcoming Taycan can give that AMG a run for its money.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I'm sure that the Taycan will be a more than worthy rival of the AMG GT 4 door. I know that Merc has stated that future AMG models will be getting electrification, but that's probably still a few years out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts