Porsche 992 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back in March I visited a dealer in Atlanta and got on the wait list for a Boxster allocation.

Over time I updated my allocation request from the base model to a GTS.

This past Monday 7/19 my SA called out of the blue and said she had allocations, with December delivery, for both a BGTS and a 911 Carrera.

Over the past several weeks, just for fun, I had configured a 911 with the options I would like.

The Boxster GTS was pricing out around $110,000.

For about the same cost I could get a 911 Carrera with some options.

I will be leasing the car and the residual on the 911 is much higher than the Boxster so in fact my
monthly payment will be less for the Carrera.

I had to make a quick decision since whichever allocation I didn't take would be offered to another customer.

Needless to say I opted for the 911 :love::love::love:

I have a V150 status and Porsche already contacted me with the "Track Your Dream" link.

Since I live in Georgia it was a no brainer to do the PEC delivery.

Below are pics of my configuration - Python Green with tan interior and 20"/21" RS Spyder Rims

·
Registered
87 Posts
Welcome to the forum @audi4t

Excellent 992 spec!

What are you driving while waiting for it to arrive?
Did you consider any other vehicles before deciding to go with the new 911?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum @audi4t

Excellent 992 spec!

What are you driving while waiting for it to arrive?
Did you consider any other vehicles before deciding to go with the new 911?
Hi - thanks for the welcome !
My original plan was to get a Boxster. But as I increased my budget and the allocation became available the 911 became more enticing.
I presently am leasing a Mercedes C43 AMG which I will be returning.
I also have a ‘08 BMW 135i convertible - so I will still get my fresh air 🤣🤣🤣

·
Registered
55 Posts
Back in March I visited a dealer in Atlanta and got on the wait list for a Boxster allocation.

Over time I updated my allocation request from the base model to a GTS.

This past Monday 7/19 my SA called out of the blue and said she had allocations, with December delivery, for both a BGTS and a 911 Carrera.

Over the past several weeks, just for fun, I had configured a 911 with the options I would like.

The Boxster GTS was pricing out around $110,000.

For about the same cost I could get a 911 Carrera with some options.

I will be leasing the car and the residual on the 911 is much higher than the Boxster so in fact my
monthly payment will be less for the Carrera.

I had to make a quick decision since whichever allocation I didn't take would be offered to another customer.

Needless to say I opted for the 911 :love::love::love:

I have a V150 status and Porsche already contacted me with the "Track Your Dream" link.

Since I live in Georgia it was a no brainer to do the PEC delivery.

Below are pics of my configuration - Python Green with tan interior and 20"/21" RS Spyder Rims

View attachment 174 View attachment 175 View attachment 176
Excellent choice for your 992 @audi4t! Welcome to the forum! Is this your first 911?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts