Porsche 992 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back in March I visited a dealer in Atlanta and got on the wait list for a Boxster allocation.

Over time I updated my allocation request from the base model to a GTS.

This past Monday 7/19 my SA called out of the blue and said she had allocations, with December delivery, for both a BGTS and a 911 Carrera.

Over the past several weeks, just for fun, I had configured a 911 with the options I would like.

The Boxster GTS was pricing out around $110,000.

For about the same cost I could get a 911 Carrera with some options.

I will be leasing the car and the residual on the 911 is much higher than the Boxster so in fact my
monthly payment will be less for the Carrera.

I had to make a quick decision since whichever allocation I didn't take would be offered to another customer.

Needless to say I opted for the 911 :love::love::love:

I have a V150 status and Porsche already contacted me with the "Track Your Dream" link.

Since I live in Georgia it was a no brainer to do the PEC delivery.

Below are pics of my configuration - Python Green with tan interior and 20"/21" RS Spyder Rims

·
Registered
87 Posts
Welcome to the forum @audi4t

Excellent 992 spec!

What are you driving while waiting for it to arrive?
Did you consider any other vehicles before deciding to go with the new 911?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum @audi4t

Excellent 992 spec!

What are you driving while waiting for it to arrive?
Did you consider any other vehicles before deciding to go with the new 911?
Hi - thanks for the welcome !
My original plan was to get a Boxster. But as I increased my budget and the allocation became available the 911 became more enticing.
I presently am leasing a Mercedes C43 AMG which I will be returning.
I also have a ‘08 BMW 135i convertible - so I will still get my fresh air 🤣🤣🤣

·
Registered
56 Posts
Back in March I visited a dealer in Atlanta and got on the wait list for a Boxster allocation.

This past Monday 7/19 my SA called out of the blue and said she had allocations, with December delivery, for both a BGTS and a 911 Carrera.

Over the past several weeks, just for fun, I had configured a 911 with the options I would like.

I will be leasing the car and the residual on the 911 is much higher than the Boxster so in fact my

I had to make a quick decision since whichever allocation I didn't take would be offered to another customer.

I have a V150 status and Porsche already contacted me with the "Track Your Dream" link.

Below are pics of my configuration - Python Green with tan interior and 20"/21" RS Spyder Rims

View attachment 174 View attachment 175 View attachment 176
Excellent choice for your 992 @audi4t! Welcome to the forum! Is this your first 911?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just ordered a lava orange 911, due in probably in December. When I decided to buy a Porsche, there was no decision about which model. As far as I'm concerned, a Porsche is a 911. Anything else is just another car.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Scheduled for production and delivery !!!

here’s my build

Python Green 992

V200 - Delivery date determined

1 992110 911 Carrera
2 3I Python Green
3 JE Standard Interior in Black/Mojave Beige
4 0I2 Extended Range Fuel Tank (23.7 gal.)
5 0P9 Sport Exhaust System incl. Tailpipes in Black
6 2FS GT Sport Steering Wheel in Leather
7 46J 20"/21" RS Spyder Design Wheels
8 4D3 Ventilated Seats (Front)
9 6XV Power Folding Exterior Mirrors
10 8LH Sport Chrono Package
11 8M1 Rear Wiper
12 8PB Central Tachometer in Lizard Green
13 FZ9 Seat Belts in Lizard Green
14 KA6 Surround View
15 QE1 Storage Package
16 UD1 Under Door Puddle Light Projectors
17 VN2 Sport Chrono Stopwatch Dial in Lizard Green
18 Z1S Included First Year / 10,000 Mile Maintenance
19 ZAB Ornamental Porsche Crest
20 ZAC No Sunroof
21 ZGA Porsche Experience Center Delivery (Atlanta)

·
Registered
4 Posts

View attachment 174 View attachment 175 View attachment 176
Excellent choice for your 992 @audi4t! Welcome to the forum! Is this your first 911?
Lovely 911 but are you sure about the interior colour,that won’t be to popular come sale time.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lovely 911 but are you sure about the interior colour,that won’t be to popular come sale time.
Hi

I am tired of black interiors but I didn't want to spend the premium for full leather with alternate color choices.

I started this journey just wanting a Boxster at $85k, then went to a Boxster GTS at $110k, now I'm with a Carrera at
$122k !!!!!

My toy budget has a limit :):):):)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Please advise delivery date when known. I'm curious on how long from allocation to delivery. I'm on a waiting list for an allocation.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Please advise delivery date when known. I'm curious on how long from allocation to delivery. I'm on a waiting list for an allocation.
This info is from Track Your Dream for my build

Allocation -Order Creation 7/19
Freeze Point 9/9
Production start 10/8
Production end 10/15
Delivery Porsche Dealer 11/28

·
Registered
12 Posts
You won't regret going with the 911. Got mine in January of this year and it's an amazing machine. C2S with 7sp manual. It's just awesome and I never like when I get home and park it in the garage. Enjoy!

·
Registered
12 Posts
If you ordered the Mohave beige/black standard interior, I'd save my money on the green seat belts and stick with standard black belts. I just don't think the green belts will look very good with your beige/black interior. Now on a standard black interior, the green belts would look awesome. I studied interiors and exteriors on my 992 order for WEEKS before making my decisions. And changed my mind at least 4 times on things!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If you ordered the Mohave beige/black standard interior, I'd save my money on the green seat belts and stick with standard black belts. I just don't think the green belts will look very good with your beige/black interior. Now on a standard black interior, the green belts would look awesome. I studied interiors and exteriors on my 992 order for WEEKS before making my decisions. And changed my mind at least 4 times on things!
Thanks for the suggestion - I’m fully committed now, configuration deadline has passed.

Like you I’ve been going back and forth on adding and deleting stuff. I’m actually glad I can’t make more changes.

I went with the green belts and gauge faces to complement the outside - Python Green !!!!

My friends are in two opposite camps about Python Green - they either love it or think I’m crazy.

I’ve grown tired of safe bland colors. I’ve had numerous silver and black cars 🤣🤣😎🤣
Enjoy !!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts