i built a base 992 with all the cute options and maxed out at 132k
i got a call from my Gm at the dealership and he said good news and bad news
good news is I have an allocation
bad news it’s a c4s
a bare bones c4 s is almost over budget
I’m looking at chrono and rims that’s it for options
any thoughts.
thanks
You have a dilemma . At best you face waiting 5 months for a car and if its inadequately optioned you will spend the next few years say "next time I am getting X, y., or Z option."
Its an expensive car and you have one shot to get it right . It doesn't have to be excessive but it has to be adequate . What made you trade a 2020 ? Its a relatively new car .
I can go through a few builds with you . Toss one up .

·
Registered
744 Posts
Yes I can’t find the number
but C4s
white with black sport seats
sports chrono
red belts dials fire ext
upgraded rims 5 spoke gloss black inside
clear lights in the rear
gloss black model and Porsche badge
pretty basic
wondering how non Pse will be
On the $140,000 car you’re going to want to have leather with ventilated and heated seats . The premium package plus is $5000. It adds a few little creature comforts I love the clear tail light that’s $1000 and just an aesthetic piece. I would get it but I wouldn’t do it at the expense of being able to sit in the car comfortably on a hot day or cold day in the sport seats. The standard radio is acceptable but it’s not preferred. The Bose is nothing spectacular but it’s adequate. I would not spend the money on a Burmester. You have a Sport Chrono but one thing you don’t have is the PASM suspension. In terms of performance the suspension is a critical component in handling . It’s the least expensive performance part that’s the most beneficial. I would not suggest it for someone who lives in a place like San Francisco with hills and inclines. However if you live in a place that’s reasonably drivable that is a nice option to have it will benefit you far greater than a tail light. Ultimately I would put all of those things on the car you’re going to climb the ladder of expense. I would just do it cautiously and put a limit. At maximum it’s about $10,000. That’s even with the rims.

I agree with you that curb appeal matters and everyone wants the car to look nice. However there has to be a balance of usability performance and aesthetics. You will spend hours if not weeks on the configurator before the freeze point. Enjoy the process

·
Registered
744 Posts
here you go.. Using your basics (wheels you mention , exterior /interior/ standard interior) .. I threw in

1) Some comforts
2) A PASM performance pieve
3) some color in the interior (matched to caliper)
4)_ Changed wheel from gloss black to satin black. Gloss can stone chip.
5) Put some decent seats with heat/ ventilation.
6) Added Gt steering wheel
7) Blacked the aluminum window trim
8) Took all those words off the rear

Its money spent that is modest and very livable . Your spec C2 you stated was 132. This is 143.

PNY6U6W7

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
here you go.. Using your basics (wheels you mention , exterior /interior/ standard interior) .. I threw in

1) Some comforts
2) A PASM performance pieve
3) some color in the interior (matched to caliper)
4)_ Changed wheel from gloss black to satin black. Gloss can stone chip.
5) Put some decent seats with heat/ ventilation.
6) Added Gt steering wheel
7) Blacked the aluminum window trim
8) Took all those words off the rear

Its money spent that is modest and very livable . Your spec C2 you stated was 132. This is 143.

PNY6U6W7
I think the track my dream is cool. I see they sent u pics. Did you get the car yet?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I early traded my 2017 GTS . I loved everything about that car . It was white too.
View attachment 443
Satin black wheels?
I went 7 speed manual this time around to reduce cost
The PDK is amazing
i have concerns the non sport exhaust will be quiet
if it’s as loud as Pse without the berps im ok.
I hooked up my dealer with 4 of my friends and about 1 m in sales so I get invited on the track a few times a year and beat the piss out of their cars.
the all wheel dr is impressive and I’m looking forward to it on this one

·
Registered
744 Posts
Satin black wheels?
I went 7 speed manual this time around to reduce cost
The PDK is amazing
i have concerns the non sport exhaust will be quiet
if it’s as loud as Pse without the berps im ok.
I hooked up my dealer with 4 of my friends and about 1 m in sales so I get invited on the track a few times a year and beat the piss out of their cars.
the all wheel dr is impressive and I’m looking forward to it on this one
PDK as well as manual is a zero cost option. I do suggest you test drive a 7 speed . I found the upper gear spacing odd on the 991.2 . I have not driven the 992 but understand they actually lock out the gear to prevent error . It wont be as loud as PSE . I tend to like the noise . I have a race exhaust on my 997.1 Turbo.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hello!
IM new here but not new to the brand
this 992 will be the second but 7th overall in the 911 family
I traded my 2020 3 weeks ago to the dealer with hopes of an allocation
i don’t know how but I got an allocation for a July build and august delivery
I was one of 4 but here’s the problem
i built a base 992 with all the cute options and maxed out at 132k
i got a call from my Gm at the dealership and he said good news and bad news
good news is I have an allocation
bad news it’s a c4s
a bare bones c4 s is almost over budget
I’m looking at chrono and rims that’s it for options
any thoughts.
thanks

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
PDK as well as manual is a zero cost option. I do suggest you test drive a 7 speed . I found the upper gear spacing odd on the 991.2 . I have not driven the 992 but understand they actually lock out the gear to prevent error . It wont be as loud as PSE . I tend to like the noise . I have a race exhaust on my 997.1 Turbo.
I meant to say sports chrono is free with manual and I did try the manual and i think the rev matching was cool.
worse come to worse I’ll upgradezt the exhaust aftermarket if it didn’t satisfy my ears.
Have you been on a track with your car?
I’ve been on the track several times and only once with my car. I smoked the tires in a day and it was a 2k lesson but fun.
Traded or sold? I did not think you could trade until you have a car on file?
sold
hung on to my 100k.
but got me an allocation quick.
July build mid august delivery.

·
Registered
744 Posts
I meant to say sports chrono is free with manual and I did try the manual and i think the rev matching was cool.
worse come to worse I’ll upgradezt the exhaust aftermarket if it didn’t satisfy my ears.
Have you been on a track with your car?
I’ve been on the track several times and only once with my car. I smoked the tires in a day and it was a 2k lesson but fun.

sold

hung on to my 100k.
but got me an allocation quick.
July build mid august delivery.
Years ago I was a member of PCA but I have not gone recently. It was one of the first things that I joined on my very first 911. I enjoyed it but I also had this itch to see what it was like to own a specialty 911. So in 2007 I got intrigued with the idea of a different type of event.

My 2007 car was a project build for the Texas mile. When I saw some of the crashes that occurred any amount of work that went into my car as well as expense I decided not to go . Since then the tuners have gotten even more advanced . I never sold the car and still have it. Even by modern standards it’s a sub 10 sec car . In fact I am daily driving this monster as I await my new car. Here are the memories of that build

More pictures from the build 2009

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.