Porsche 992 Forum banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Cant compare a 911 to a Macan . The GY tires suck . When I got a flat both tire rack and my dealership told me that they don't have the size yet for the GTS . They probably have it by now . I loved my Michelin 4S on my last car and wondered why I waited even to wear out the first set of tires to get them .Next nail I get I am asking again . I hate the GY . They are even worse than Pirelli .
Agree
This winter i needs to replace my brakes/ rotors on my cab and the pirellis are being replaced too. Life is short.

·
Registered
799 Posts
You guys are nuts! I’m keeping my Goodyears because my wife needs a purse! 🤪 And since I have Contis on the Macan and LK says they’re ok, I’ll be able to also get her some flowers on our anniversary! 😂

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
You guys are nuts! I’m keeping my Goodyears because my wife needs a purse! 🤪 And since I have Contis on the Macan and LK says they’re ok, I’ll be able to also get her some flowers on our anniversary! 😂
Charlie,
On my 991.2 brake light replacement came up, my P zeros are at maybe 50%. Which means almost done (maybe one year). Might as well get rid of tires I never liked. I will keep the GYs for now, i hardly drive the gts. Btw I have 208km on the car as of today. I might post the tires on market place as almost new. Problem is the 20”/21” thing.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Charlie,
On my 991.2 brake light replacement came up, my P zeros are at maybe 50%. Which means almost done (maybe one year). Might as well get rid of tires I never liked. I will keep the GYs for now, i hardly drive the gts. Btw I have 208km on the car as of today. I might post the tires on market place as almost new. Problem is the 20”/21” thing.
LK You should drive the GTS to FL in October, put 3200 mi round trip on it and show Larry how good the AWD is! And then replace the GYs before winter in Ottawa. What you think? 😉

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
LK You should drive the GTS to FL in October, put 3200 mi round trip on it and show Larry how good the AWD is! And then replace the GYs before winter in Ottawa. What you think? 😉
I did think about it. There is a guy in my building in Miami from Toronto. He drives his 991.2cab to Miami in October and drives it back to Toronto in early April. He takes time and the back two lane roads avoiding the 95. It takes him about a week one way, he loves is.

·
Registered
799 Posts
I did think about it. There is a guy in my building in Miami from Toronto. He drives his 991.2cab to Miami in October and drives it back to Toronto in early April. He takes time and the back two lane roads avoiding the 95. It takes him about a week one way, he loves is.
There you go. You make a road trip out of it stopping at all the nice spots on the East coast, avoid the airport hassle, delays, risks of Covid, lost luggages, etc. Do it! 😅

21 - 38 of 38 Posts