Porsche 992 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was so hot today here . Parking two cars in my garage is doable in a hurricane but unrealistic on a daily basis . I used to do it but the 911 got bigger . I also have more junk in the garage . Its just not happening . That leaves me with a dilemma .

Today my screen on my 992 went black . I thought it was from the heat but it turned out to was merely an update . I still went to service to ask with the black screen visible before shutting the car . While there the service adviser suggested that I baby the carbon roof with sun . It does have ceramic but I want more .

Part of me thought about selling my 997 Turbo . Id have one less car and have the garage free, There's this "no I can't" followed by guilt and sellers remorse . Mind you its not even listed for sale . Plus there is a small following of that car . There are actual people who would be upset if I didn't ask them before I listed it . I did promise them I would but I cant do it .

I must say I looked at it today and my car seems so modern while my Turbo isn't. I punched my pedal for the first time on my 992 . Its fast enough . I'd love to run them both . I think the modded Turbo would win in the 1/4 but have to catch up with the manual Vs the 8 speed PDK .

Theres 2.5 super hot months of summer . The black car lived indoors its entire life . Maybe its time to switch ? Maybe its time to just cover the 992 in the heat .

How hard it is to put on and remove a cover ? Anyone ever use one ? I have never done it

Registered
It was so hot today here . Parking two cars in my garage is doable in a hurricane but unrealistic on a daily basis . I used to do it but the 911 got bigger . I also have more junk in the garage . Its just not happening . That leaves me with a dilemma .

Today my screen on my 992 went black . I thought it was from the heat but it turned out to was merely an update . I still went to service to ask with the black screen visible before shutting the car . While there the service adviser suggested that I baby the carbon roof with sun . It does have ceramic but I want more .

Part of me thought about selling my 997 Turbo . Id have one less car and have the garage free, There's this "no I can't" followed by guilt and sellers remorse . Mind you its not even listed for sale . Plus there is a small following of that car . There are actual people who would be upset if I didn't ask them before I listed it . I did promise them I would but I cant do it .

I must say I looked at it today and my car seems so modern while my Turbo isn't. I punched my pedal for the first time on my 992 . Its fast enough . I'd love to run them both . I think the modded Turbo would win in the 1/4 but have to catch up with the manual Vs the 8 speed PDK .

Theres 2.5 super hot months of summer . The black car lived indoors its entire life . Maybe its time to switch ? Maybe its time to just cover the 992 in the heat .

How hard it is to put on and remove a cover ? Anyone ever use one ? I have never done it
I'm trying to compute every detail. I would switch. Put the NEW 992 safe in the garage away from the scorching sun and cover the 997 Turbo outside. After all, how often are you going to take that cover off now that you have the 992!

There's also "therapy"! LOL! Just kidding Larry. ;)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm trying to compute every detail. I would switch. Put the NEW 992 safe in the garage away from the scorching sun and cover the 997 Turbo outside. After all, how often are you going to take that cover off now that you have the 992!

There's also "therapy"! LOL! Just kidding Larry. ;)
The 997 idea is one I do consider . There is only one problem . The car that sits needs a battery charger . In the early days of my garage queen 997 I lost a few batteries letting it sit . Once I bought the charger I lost none.

Registered

The wind makes the cover move and you will see rash.

Registered
2020, 992 c2s
The outdoor cover for the 992 is really easy to install and remove. I cover mine after washing it just to keep the dust and pollen off, in the garage, however I can't imagine putting a cover on a car before washing it.:rolleyes: .

Registered

How about just get a house with more garage space and stop whining?? :)

Registered

Pontiff, the cover at first can be cumbersome until you get the hang of it. I only use my indoor copper during the winter. If you throw it over the top and put it on the mirrors first and work your way around that鈥檚 the easiest way.
Hood Wheel Tire Motor vehicle Automotive design

Hood Automotive design Automotive exterior Art Sculpture

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@BobbyG Thats quite nice . I think they are best for longer term use (indoor as well as outdoor). What I am doing now is alternating cars in the summer . This was both get some impact but neither get the full brunt of the hot sun. Its been very hot here lately.

Registered
@BobbyG Thats quite nice . I think they are best for longer term use (indoor as well as outdoor). What I am doing now is alternating cars in the summer . This was both get some impact but neither get the full brunt of the hot sun. Its been very hot here lately.
Makes sense and that鈥檚 a good problem to have working with two cars!

Registered

I've used outdoor covers on my last 3 bimmers. Keeps the car interior cooler when parked outdoors in summer (better for the leather), keeps the pine pollen off (six weeks of yellow hell in the deep south). Takes about 90 seconds to place, a bit longer to roll up. I roll it up from front to back, then unroll it from the back to front (a good toss gets it in place), then secure rear, mirrors, front. Only problem is during windy days or when it gets caught in a downpour (large trash bag helps there).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts