Porsche 992 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I put an order for a GTS (🇨🇦) back january 2022, just curious to see if anyone got an allocation within 12 to 18 months ?My sales rep tells me it’s still not sure I can get one in spring /summer 2023 😏 Dealers,from stories I heard, apparently pass in front of the waiting list customers with a 911 given in exchange before people that might have ordered ahead of them …

thanks
Pat

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for your answer, I‘m ok with that to a certain point , just would like to know if I ever gonna get one if they always have serial buyers in front of the line … after 2 years i will probably give up I guess… I find the allocation process so obscur they dont even want to say where i,am on the list… but hey I understand money talks … i‘m just one in a million who wants one

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Hi,

I put an order for a GTS (🇨🇦) back january 2022, just curious to see if anyone got an allocation within 12 to 18 months ?My sales rep tells me it’s still not sure I can get one in spring /summer 2023 😏 Dealers,from stories I heard, apparently pass in front of the waiting list customers with a 911 given in exchange before people that might have ordered ahead of them …

thanks
Pat
I got the first slot at my dealership. I did put my deposit before the car was even announced and I am a repeat buyer for the last 25 years. I put my deposit down in May 2021. I took delivery in April 2022. I did not pay an ADM . I did pay MSRP.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi,

thanks
Pat
I put in an order for a 4GTS in Feb 2022, as a first-time Porsche buyer. Got an allocation in July, and while the build got pushed back a couple of times, it is now in production. I expect to take delivery February. No ADM, just MSRP. But it is a “nicely-optioned” build according to the dealer…

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Hi,

thanks
Pat
I wrote this about a year ago on the post "Where are the Canadians". I finally got my allocation 14 months and delivery 17 months after ordering it. I'm in Montreal.

My point was that clients are kept in the dark as far as how many allocations they get and for which models. The running gag was that "everyone was told they were second in line"! LOL! Even if the GM doesn't know what's coming to him, I thought it would be good practice to let me know how many cars he's getting and for which models. Instead, everything seemed very secretive to the point that I was suspecting people going in front of me: VIP clients, etc. But my SA swore that they wouldn't jeopardize their reputation by doing such a thing. Hmm. Who knows? The client just waits and if it wasn't for me calling, writing and texting regularly, I wouldn't have been given the time of day! That's what I didn't like from a reputable company that wishes to keep it's repeat customer loyal to the brand! And I have bought a few Porsches before. And from the same dealer.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I put in an order for a 4GTS in Feb 2022, as a first-time Porsche buyer. Got an allocation in July, and while the build got pushed back a couple of times, it is now in production. I expect to take delivery February. No ADM, just MSRP. But it is a “nicely-optioned” build according to the dealer…
I thought that in Canada they can’t charge a markup above MSRP. Am I incorrect? Also isn’t there some type of new tax that just came out this year? I know that a few people on the Macan forum were very upset about it . If so they might be a little more eager to give that slot.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I thought that in Canada they can’t charge a markup above MSRP. Am I incorrect? Also isn’t there some type of new tax that just came out this year? I know that a few people on the Macan forum were very upset about it . If so they might be a little more eager to give that slot.
Some sort of wealth tax was recently implemented. 10% above certain amount. Cars is 10% over 100k. Not sure about msrp markup.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
@CH61 is ADM allowed ?

Yep. On Macanforum people were saying "my limit is 100K"
1. I believe the New luxury tax was implemented last September and targets vehicles and aircraft priced above $100,000, and since @LessKrazy1 likes boats, also on vessels priced above $250,000. ;) The luxury tax would be calculated at the lesser of 20% of the retail sale price above $100,000 or 10% of the retail sale price of car.

2. I was always told that ADM was against regulations in Canada and that the dealership cannot charge more than MSRP. No markup for pre-order & no cash incentives, and since a contract needs to be signed, they shouldn't be able to later...but who knows. Dealers have ways to go around that with vehicules with less than 1K km that are then sold at "market" value way over MSRP.

I'm just glad I avoided BOTH! 😅

·
Registered
598 Posts
Well said!
I remember i was at the dealer once last year (dropping off the macan i think). In the show room there was a nicely speced 2021 992s with 3k kms and the price before tax was 190k cad. I think that is over msrp.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Well said!
I remember i was at the dealer once last year (dropping off the macan i think). In the show room there was a nicely speced 2021 992s with 3k kms and the price before tax was 190k cad. I think that is over msrp.
This is your car in a cab version offered in Montreal NOW. A few more like this. I don't even want to know the MSRP! LOL!

·
Registered
598 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
I believe the wealth or luxury tax applies only on NEW vehicules. So, it's a deal! LOL! It is something to compute though when buying new. That's 16K on a 180K 911 that you wouldn't pay on CPO.
Yes, the luxury tax is only on new vehicles. It seems to be having the effect of pushing up used prices (demand shifting from new to used?) - not a bad thing if you've got a trade-in.

I live in BC, which has its own lux tax. The federal lux tax is calculated on top of that. 🙄🤷‍♂️

Back to the OP - allocations can be had. I probably had a bit of luck, though. The bad news - my SA told me their dealership was getting only 3 911 allocations for the entire first quarter of 2023, seems Porsche is expecting supply chain issues to continue and possibly to add factory slowdowns due to energy shortage.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts