Porsche 992 Forum banner
61 - 80 of 133 Posts

· Registered
1,897 Posts
Sadly it seems Porsche has lost some of its mojo in accurately managing the production build and shipment process. My build date was changed 3 times. US dealers and customers can longer rely on estimated dates as it seems to be a moving target week to week. Ive never experienced this with my previous Porsche purchases and I have been a customer for 25 yrs starting with the 993s. Im curious if this is a consistent phenomena currently being experienced with the other German auto manufacturers as well post covid. All I can do is wait.
Probably post Covid BS and it will never change since no-one wants to work anymore!

· Registered
74 Posts
The TYD app was down for a while today, but you may want to check now. My app is now showing that my vehicle made it on a vessel a couple days ago (Siem Cicero). This is after my app showed a 20 day delay only a day or two ago.
I'm check with my SA to see if they show the same for my Cayenne. Check this web site to track the vessel. SIEM CICERO Current position (Vehicles Carrier, IMO 9762534) - VesselFinder
My SA just informed me this morning my Cayenne is also on this vessel.

· Registered
100 Posts
Fantastic. Thanks for the update, @MarkWN !!

A few questions for everyone:

* I pre-wired for the Porsche dashcam and noticed Suncoast has them for much cheaper than my dealership. Anyone buy from Suncoast and if you have the Porsche dashcam, how do you like it?

* Would anyone recommend either the indoor or outdoor Porsche-branded cover?

* I went ahead and purchased the clear side markers from Suncoast and have them in hand. Should I give them to my dealer to install pre-PPF or is it ok to just install them when I take possession after they apply the PPF?

Thanks!

· Registered
23 Posts
Fantastic. Thanks for the update, @MarkWN !!

A few questions for everyone:

* I pre-wired for the Porsche dashcam and noticed Suncoast has them for much cheaper than my dealership. Anyone buy from Suncoast and if you have the Porsche dashcam, how do you like it?

* Would anyone recommend either the indoor or outdoor Porsche-branded cover?

* I went ahead and purchased the clear side markers from Suncoast and have them in hand. Should I give them to my dealer to install pre-PPF or is it ok to just install them when I take possession after they apply the PPF?

Thanks!
I buy from Suncoast all the time. Purchased a new indoor car cover for my GT3 T that Im waiting for. Their OEM prices are more competitive than my dlr.

· Registered
100 Posts
Although, the Siem Cicero will be floating into Jacksonville Port tomorrow (finally), Porsche posted this photo today in my TYD app. I wish the paint could stay this flawless!!

And yes, this was all that I could afford, so I will have to add wheels, lights, seats, and a roof as aftermarket add-ons. Lol.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood

· Registered
1,897 Posts
Although, the Siem Cicero will be floating into Jacksonville Port tomorrow (finally), Porsche posted this photo today in my TYD app. I wish the paint could stay this flawless!!

And yes, this was all that I could afford, so I will have to add wheels, lights, seats, and a roof as aftermarket add-ons. Lol.

View attachment 1824
The extras are chump change….you can do it!!!

61 - 80 of 133 Posts