Porsche 992 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Peter Varga, the Director of Exterior Design at Porsche, has uploaded a video covering this top 5 design highlights of the new 911. If you aren't all that impressed by what's changed on the surface, there have been plenty of tweaks under the skin as well.

·
Registered
73 Posts
There is no denying that the new 911 looks a lot better with the wider stance. The pause button tail light is also a nice addition and I love how its incorporated into the rear screen.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anyone who isn't a fan of the new lighting setup could easily just go the route of tinting. 21's do seem a bit too big for a car of this size imo. Similar to the over sizing we saw on the AM Vantage. Proportions are just a bit off.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Anyone who isn't a fan of the new lighting setup could easily just go the route of tinting. 21's do seem a bit too big for a car of this size imo. Similar to the over sizing we saw on the AM Vantage. Proportions are just a bit off.
Are you joking or serious? This 992 has the most attractive rear i've seen on a Porsche aside from the 918.

Don't even get me started on 991 vs 992, this photo should sum it up...

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I personally love it, but just read through some of the comments on that video. We know purists hate change, even with how relatively minor they are on the 992.

·
Registered
168 Posts
When design pulls performance from higher tiers to lower tiers, no enthusiast or purist will hate it. Who hates an evolution of an entire model line up?

·
Registered
73 Posts
There is more noticeable plastic for the 992, so I can understand some of those criticisms. But I agree when you look at what's improved in terms of performance specs, this is a fair trade off.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Can't recall a true purist that gives the exterior a lot of attention when the bar on performance raised quite a bit. Its so good that it makes accepting a hybrid variant easier than on the 991.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts