Porsche 992 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 3 track days plus 7000 street miles, I got a break wear light. Question: Any recommendations for pad replacement- - OE or after market? I will track the car no more 6 days a year and don’t mind brake noise with aggressive pads.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I've heard great things about Hawk in older Porsche's, nothing on 992's yet.

They list these for the Carrera:

Hawk Street Performance Ceramic Front Brake Pads (992 Carrera)

Sale
$205.27
$184.74

Designed to fit:
  • 2019+ Porsche 911 Carrera Base (992)
Product Details

Performance Ceramic Z Compound

Performance Ceramic is engineered to reduce brake NVH (Noise, Vibration and Harshness) creating a quieter performing brake pad. Furthermore, the ceramic brake pad formula has a linear friction profile that allows your ABS brake system to work more effectively. With Performance Ceramic you can expect reduced brake pad wear, lower dust output levels and a rotor-friendly brake pad.

• Increased Stopping Power
  • Increased Rotor Life
  • Extended Pad Life
  • Ultra-Low Dust
  • Extremely Quiet
  • Stable Friction Output
Specs:

• Pad Thickness: 0.668mm
  • Temperature: Min (100F) - Max (650F)
  • Optimal Temperature Range (100F - 450F)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After 3 track days plus 7000 street miles, I got a break wear light. Question: Any recommendations for pad replacement- - OE or after market? I will track the car no more 6 days a year and don’t mind brake noise with aggressive pads.
This is a follow up to my brake wear light. I replaced the pads, both front and back, but found that the front pads still had about 50% wear left and the rear pads were down to about 10%. Seems opposite of what one would expect. I've got rear wheel steering, so wondering if the combination of the rear wheel steering and stability control cause the rear brakes to work a lot on the track. I track in sport plus and leave the stability control on. Any comments?

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is a follow up to my brake wear light. I replaced the pads, both front and back, but found that the front pads still had about 50% wear left and the rear pads were down to about 10%. Seems opposite of what one would expect. I've got rear wheel steering, so wondering if the combination of the rear wheel steering and stability control cause the rear brakes to work a lot on the track. I track in sport plus and leave the stability control on. Any comments?
Traction control could be the culprit. It’ll wear the rear pads mighty fast. I write this from the pit of my local track after having done the same as you to my 992 CS at 4800km!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts