Porsche 992 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Porsche has never been one to deviate from their designs with a refresh, and were seeing that continue with the 992. The changes are extremely subtle and here's a pic of the 992 alongside 991 so you can get a sense of the slight tweaks that have been made.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I'm a big fan of the new tail lamp assembly because on a GT3 RS version or even the GT2, it will give them a better foundation for an even more extreme design.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Why mess with a formula that's been working for you for decades. Don't know if I like all the additional plastic cladding on the rear bumper, but I know these are still 'prototypes'.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Why mess with a formula that's been working for you for decades. Don't know if I like all the additional plastic cladding on the rear bumper, but I know these are still 'prototypes'.
If you don't like that look then I guess you don't like the rear end of the current generation especially on the GT3 and GT2 models that have black cladding to a similar extent.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I believe on the RS models have this kind of cladding and there its more of a diffusor then the plastic we're seeing here. But keep in mind that there have already been some leaked documents that suggest all of this venting is fully functional. Its not just a tack on like we see on vehicles like the CTR.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Over the years Porsche has been in the business of offering wilder styling but lucky for them the industry accepts it as long as the styling is functional. Even the Lexus LFA, as ugly as it is, has functional aero, but in the process compromised what could have been a clean design.

·
Registered
73 Posts
The only aspect of the LFA that made it ugly were those giant rear vents on the bumper. I know there were designed to decrease drag, but they could have made them much more subtle looking imo.

·
Registered
168 Posts
The only aspect of the LFA that made it ugly were those giant rear vents on the bumper. I know there were designed to decrease drag, but they could have made them much more subtle looking imo.
Standing out in all ways, not just with performance, might have influenced that decision. Fortunately darker color LFA's help to blend in the rear end.
Blue or Black are ideal but I have a soft spot for orange as seen on some nurburgring editions.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts