Porsche 992 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi all, just placed an order for my first 992 C2 (non S) ... dealer was unsure of current lead times... has anyone got a heads up on this? Cheers James
View attachment 196
Hi all, just placed an order for my first 992 C2 (non S) ... dealer was unsure of current lead times... has anyone got a heads up on this? Cheers James
View attachment 196
Congrats. That build looks stunning! I just put my order in yesterday too! 992 C2S. My dealer told me his best estimate is at least summer '23 and he said it's even longer for the mid engine cars (718, Cayman variants), but they're really not sure. Apparently a lot of demand for cars in China. I'm in Canada so not sure if the allocation is different for us.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Congrats. That build looks stunning! I just put my order in yesterday too! 992 C2S. My dealer told me his best estimate is at least summer '23 and he said it's even longer for the mid engine cars (718, Cayman variants), but they're really not sure. Apparently a lot of demand for cars in China. I'm in Canada so not sure if the allocation is different for us.
Thanks for that info that is great, I will keep you posted when I here more... can't wait, ai hope it goes well with yours too! Cheers James

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had an opportunity to trade my 2021 C2S in on a 2022 GT3 build date late January 22 if I wanted to pay 20K over sticker.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had an opportunity to trade my 2021 C2S in on a 2022 GT3 build date late January 22 if I wanted to pay 20K over sticker.
Ouch. From what i understand in Canada, it's illegal to sell a new car over MSRP, so doubt that would happen here! But then again you'd probably get $20K more for your trade. Good luck on your decision.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The trade in value was comparable to the build price on the CS but the dealer adjustment fee on the GT3 was a deal breaker. I would have preferred buying the GT3 without the trade in but they were more interest in my trade in than selling me a GT3.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i ordered my CS2 in July 2021. At the time they told me 6-12 months and still the only answer i get is that we don't have a slot yet. Sales guy said that may have slot in Jan-Feb. i actually called Porsche USA in Atlanta and finally got someone that said that they found my order but still not assigned a build number yet, however i was assured that once a build number is assigned i will receive an email from Porsche USA and will be able to follow the build progress.

·
Registered
13 Posts
i ordered my CS2 in July 2021. At the time they told me 6-12 months and still the only answer i get is that we don't have a slot yet. Sales guy said that may have slot in Jan-Feb. i actually called Porsche USA in Atlanta and finally got someone that said that they found my order but still not assigned a build number yet, however i was assured that once a build number is assigned i will receive an email from Porsche USA and will be able to follow the build progress.
Did you give them a deposit? My dealer required a $5000. deposit but they came up with an allocation a month later (11/1/20) and the car was delivered 3/20/2021.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I traded in a 2017 CS2 and they have the value of the trade as a deposit in order to save the sales tax difference. i think that you were earlier on before chip and supply chain issues got as bad as they are.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts