Porsche 992 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
I suspect there are thousands of us in the same position and of the same opinion. Ordered my Carrera Cab 30th August 2021 (placing a £5k deposit) and am still waiting for some clue regarding a delivery date. I genuinely think the UK dealers are equally in the dark. My chosen colour scheme is Crayon, with blue roof, blue leather and Carreras classic wheels. Hopefully will look stunning in the flesh when it eventually turns up. Hobby at the moment whilst waiting is investigating road trip luggage options. Any ideas would be welcomed.
Found a couple of pics of your colour combo (except for the wheels). Very Nice! 👍

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Found a couple of pics of your colour combo (except for the wheels). Very Nice! 👍
Yes, they’re the only photos I could find. Current (coming up to 7 year old) Mercedes cab is white with red leather so fancied a complete change. On the delivery situation, at time of ordering no UK dealers had a clue, suggestion was March earliest and a worst case of November. That‘s fine as a first pass but I was (unrealistically) expecting this timeframe to be progressively tightened as the order is progressed. The delivery delay is not the issue it’s the crap communication. I want to be involved, informed, and engaged with the procurement process, not held away at arms length. I want to plan my road trips with confidence for when the new car will be available. An approach where November latest becomes August latest, may improve further, etc, is whatbInwant to see. I don’t mind queuing and have accepted that isn’t going to happen. It’s poor PR. Still can’t wait though, remain excited.

·
Registered
800 Posts
I read in the news that Porsche built a record number of 39,000 of 911s in 2021… where did they go? Certainly not to GB or North America as our queues are getting longer, not shorter.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
We are certainly on the same page! This "prestige brand" is not backing it up with customer service. as a matter of fact i contacted Porsche USA in Atlanta to see if I could get some visibility and Porsche contacted the dealer to ask them if they knew anything. Somewhat ridiculous if you ask me. My problem is not with the dealer, it's with Porsche!!!
Bagman, very disappointing to say the least. My 911 is still at the port according to the app and Sales Associate...need more info for sure.

·
Registered
744 Posts
I still don't have any idea when to expect delivery since June. You would think a company such as Porsche would want to maintain some sort of communication with their loyal and dedicated customer base at a higher standard than the way they are doing it. Very disappointing with the total lack of transparency on production & delivery information!.
We are certainly on the same page! This "prestige brand" is not backing it up with customer service. as a matter of fact i contacted Porsche USA in Atlanta to see if I could get some visibility and Porsche contacted the dealer to ask them if they knew anything. Somewhat ridiculous if you ask me. My problem is not with the dealer, it's with Porsche!!!
A first time buyer in this current market environment faces many challenges . First PCNA does not deal with dealership issues . What you wil get is a voice on the phone who is a good listener and wont deviate from his cue card prompts on how to reply . I can show you pictures of a dealership lot with 100's of cars the size of a football field from 2016 . That is NOT the case today .

If they took your car in trade I hope you have a slot with a V200 status . The salesman can give you a commission number . Then you sign up at My Porsche and your car should be there . If it is and you haven't received a track your dream e mail then call PCNA 0r text them . They will set it up .

If your salesman cant give you a commission number then you dont have a slot . They have a huge deposit and you have nothing YET . I would not blame you for being upset . The way it works is that people who give a deposit early get on a wait list . But there is MORE to that . There is a hierarchy of who gets what . At the top of that list are the 918 buyers who are repeat customers . They are the top tier VIP's . They get priority . Underneath them are guys like me who bought 19 Porsches (17 from that deakership) and who made a deposit EARLY . I had never added, up how much I spent at the dealership . They told me ! They are very aware off who their buyers are There are some dealerships who have abandoned loyal customers in search of a money grab . They will ask for an ADM and the sky becomes the limit . Guys are paying 100K over MSRP for a Turbo S or Gt3 at some dealerships . Those dealerships face .losing loyal customers . These are NOT normal times .

Many dealerships (including high volume ones) are getting limited allocations and have a pile of guys who want them . I believe if they took your car they plan on coming through for you . They wont communicate with you . They are under pressure too . You are already behind the 8 ball because they have your car so my suggestion t to go in person and talk to them . Ask them for a commission number . ask them when they expect their next batch of allocations . Be diplomatic but firm . Don't argue with them because you will have a lot of trouble staring over somewhere else given where you are positioned right now .

This has nothing ti do with Porsche being a prestige brand . This has everything to do with sellers and buyers adapting to a new normal. I hear you . Its not fun .

Good luck .

·
Registered
30 Posts
A first time buyer in this current market environment faces many challenges . First PCNA does not deal with dealership issues . What you wil get is a voice on the phone who is a good listener and wont deviate from his cue card prompts on how to reply . I can show you pictures of a dealership lot with 100's of cars the size of a football field from 2016 . That is NOT the case today .

If they took your car in trade I hope you have a slot with a V200 status . The salesman can give you a commission number . Then you sign up at My Porsche and your car should be there . If it is and you haven't received a track your dream e mail then call PCNA 0r text them . They will set it up .

If your salesman cant give you a commission number then you dont have a slot . They have a huge deposit and you have nothing YET . I would not blame you for being upset . The way it works is that people who give a deposit early get on a wait list . But there is MORE to that . There is a hierarchy of who gets what . At the top of that list are the 918 buyers who are repeat customers . They are the top tier VIP's . They get priority . Underneath them are guys like me who bought 19 Porsches (17 from that deakership) and who made a deposit EARLY . I had never added, up how much I spent at the dealership . They told me ! They are very aware off who their buyers are There are some dealerships who have abandoned loyal customers in search of a money grab . They will ask for an ADM and the sky becomes the limit . Guys are paying 100K over MSRP for a Turbo S or Gt3 at some dealerships . Those dealerships face .losing loyal customers . These are NOT normal times .

Many dealerships (including high volume ones) are getting limited allocations and have a pile of guys who want them . I believe if they took your car they plan on coming through for you . They wont communicate with you . They are under pressure too . You are already behind the 8 ball because they have your car so my suggestion t to go in person and talk to them . Ask them for a commission number . ask them when they expect their next batch of allocations . Be diplomatic but firm . Don't argue with them because you will have a lot of trouble staring over somewhere else given where you are positioned right now .

This has nothing ti do with Porsche being a prestige brand . This has everything to do with sellers and buyers adapting to a new normal. I hear you . Its not fun .

Good luck .
i do have a commission number and PCNA is totally clueless. When i contacted PCNA they in turn contact the dealer to check on the status. I traded in a 2017 C2S and have a deposit in excess of $ 90,000 sitting there since June 28th.The whole situation is just very unimpressive! What i find very interesting is that in the PCA magazine Panorama, they say Porsche sale are at an all time high.
How is that possible with virtually very little product to sell.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
i do have a commission number and PCNA is totally clueless. When i contacted PCNA they in turn contact the dealer to check on the status. I traded in a 2017 C2S and have a deposit in excess of $ 90,000 sitting there since June 28th.The whole situation is just very unimpressive! What i find very interesting is that in the PCA magazine Panorama, they say Porsche sale are at an all time high.
That’s a huge amount of money to just sit around not working for you. I wondered about the sales numbers also. So little inventory where did these cars come from?

·
Registered
744 Posts
Your salesman has a page to track your car . Surely the GM does as well. On that page called "Porsche sales and vehicle management system" he can follow your itinerary . It lists their name and yours too. Now off course they are not obligated to sell it to you but in good faith my dealership e mailed me that page the day I got my slot . I signed up for My Porsche and my car appeared . They already had it in their system . I had to text them (phone was too busy) to get the track your dream e mail . Most get theirs without contact .

That confirmation number should reveal YOUR car , a freeze date and an estimated delivery date . If its not matched to your car they may have given your slot to someone else before it froze . Dont accuse them though ,. Find out . Go in person , ask to see the above document and contact PCNA to track your car .Sign up for My Porsche before you even go . If your car appears you are in good shape . If it doesn't then that dealership have some explaining to do .

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Your salesman has a page to track your car . Surely the GM does as well. On that page called "Porsche sales and vehicle management system" he can follow your itinerary . It lists their name and yours too. Now off course they are not obligated to sell it to you but in good faith my dealership e mailed me that page the day I got my slot . I signed up for My Porsche and my car appeared . They already had it in their system . I had to text them (phone was too busy) to get the track your dream e mail . Most get theirs without contact .

That confirmation number should reveal YOUR car , a freeze date and an estimated delivery date . If its not matched to your car they may have given your slot to someone else before it froze . Dont accuse them though ,. Find out . Go in person , ask to see the above document and contact PCNA to track your car .Sign up for My Porsche before you even go . If your car appears you are in good shape . If it doesn't then that dealership have some explaining to do .
Still amazing how much you know about this shit!!!

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Its your first one . You picked quite a time to do this but so far you are doing quite well . I am still listing as "at Emden Port " just like you .
Third Porsche but first one I ever built. I was just hoping to have more communication from my sales associate. I’m a bit disappointed. nothing that a nice cold beer at lunch can’t handle!

·
Registered
744 Posts
Third Porsche but first one I ever built. I was just hoping to have more communication from my sales associate. I’m a bit disappointed. nothing that a nice cold beer at lunch can’t handle!
They are almost afraid to talk . I actually understand it now . The tension is so thick on all sides .When has it every taken a year to buy a car ? If ou call your salesman every day after awhile you are bound to have a quarrel . I have seen guys change builds so many times the sale man goes nuts . Dont get me wrong . They love you and your business . They just dont want to marry you . In dog and cat years a one year purchase timeline is like a long term marriage . :)

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
They are almost afraid to talk . I actually understand it now . The tension is so thick on all sides .When has it every taken a year to buy a car ? If ou call your salesman every day after awhile you are bound to have a quarrel . I have seen guys change builds so many times the sale man goes nuts . Dont get me wrong . They love you and your business . They just dont want to marry you . In dog and cat years a one year purchase timeline is like a long term marriage . :)
Exactly! In all defense, my sales associate is a very cool younger guy and so is the Sales Manager. The dealership is actually a fun place to hang out without buying anything.

·
Registered
800 Posts
They are afraid to talk! In January 2021 when I put my deposit, they overpromised.…and NOT delivered (I had been promised a spring build!). Then August, November, etc. Now they prefer to stay quiet. But this is worse as they’re not managing their customers’s expectations upfront and not maintaining transparency.

You guys are waiting for your cars, I’m still waiting for a slot. After more than a year, yes Larry, it’s like a long term marriage and I do feel like I’m being treated like a dog…or a cat!

If only I knew the exact number of allocations they received last year for my specific model. AND the exact number of clients that were in line before me. Despite everything my SA says, I believe you Larry when you say “There is a hierarchy of who gets what. At the top of that list are the 918 buyers who are repeat customers. They are the top tier VIP’s. They get priority. ». I honestly thought that was just for the GT models.

Why can’t they be honest about it? A friend ordered a C8 last summer and was officially 50th in line. Then he got a call from the GM letting him know he had a slot for him since he bought so many Corvettes from them before. So, it’s everywhere.

After learning from Nick Murray’s Live stream yesterday that the next batch of allocations would be received this week, I wrote to my SA again! I don’t care if I’m harassing him anymore. Maybe they’ll just want to get rid of me and finally give me my allocation. Or they might just move me at the bottom of the pile!

·
Registered
744 Posts
They are afraid to talk! In January 2021 when I put my deposit, they overpromised.…and NOT delivered (I had been promised a spring build!). Then August, November, etc. Now they prefer to stay quiet. But this is worse as they’re not managing their customers’s expectations upfront and not maintaining transparency.

You guys are waiting for your cars, I’m still waiting for a slot. After more than a year, yes Larry, it’s like a long term marriage and I do feel like I’m being treated like a dog…or a cat!

If only I knew the exact number of allocations they received last year for my specific model. AND the exact number of clients that were in line before me. Despite everything my SA says, I believe you Larry when you say “There is a hierarchy of who gets what. At the top of that list are the 918 buyers who are repeat customers. They are the top tier VIP’s. They get priority. ». I honestly thought that was just for the GT models.

Why can’t they be honest about it? A friend ordered a C8 last summer and was officially 50th in line. Then he got a call from the GM letting him know he had a slot for him since he bought so many Corvettes from them before. So, it’s everywhere.

After learning from Nick Murray’s Live stream yesterday that the next batch of allocations would be received this week, I wrote to my SA again! I don’t care if I’m harassing him anymore. Maybe they’ll just want to get rid of me and finally give me my allocation. Or they might just move me at the bottom of the pile!
There are three types of dealerships at this time. There are the pure greedy ones that are going for the highest bidder. They are taking their loyal customers and calling him $35,000 ADM fees and losing their future loyalty purchases . There are others who are even deposit farming . It was something that Nick Murray talked about as well. They’re taking tons of deposits on orders that they know they can’t fill simply because they like having your money sitting in their account earning them money and keep you connected enough that if they should get a slot . They really have no intention of filling the order . The third type a trying hard to maintain a loyal customer base. They are giving them the cars an acceptable trade-in values but charging MSRP to retain that customer.

All are quiet. There was a long line of people waiting for that car and for the time being dealerships have the upper hand. If you walk and start over if the process goes on endlessly. They themselves do not know how many allocations they are going to get until they get them. Then they have a pile of deposits 10 times the size of what they received. They are force with the task of turning customers away and choosing who gets the car.

If you have been waiting a year and he can’t give you any answer in my suggestion is to buy a CPO car.
take the deposit back and start over somewhere else. Give the business to someone else. It’s been over a year for you. You have no definitive answer. They probably can’t help you. You could try one last attempt but you’ll probably be met with the same answer you’ve been met with of “I don’t know”.

The worst cases of dealership problems seem to have occurred in California, New York, and Canada. There’s one guy in Canada on Rennlist where they tried to force him to lease the car in fear that he was going to flip it even though he had a receipt that he was purchasing the car. He didn’t want to lease a car. He got it resolved but they tried at the last minute to change something. That has happened in certain places as well. Person shows up on the data by the car and the next thing you know he has to buy an insurance plan or some little add-on feature the dealership has pushed on him or no car.

The leverage that you have is that you buy, service, and trade your car at the dealership. Remind them of that. Then request a deadline or the deposit back and start shopping used for the time being. Also start shopping for a new dealership. One year with no answer is not acceptable.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts

CH, my dealer only got ONE allocation for a 911 and I got it. I’m not a vip but I network well there and get service there so not sure, best of luck!

·
Registered
744 Posts
Exactly! In all defense, my sales associate is a very cool younger guy and so is the Sales Manager. The dealership is actually a fun place to hang out without buying anything.
I used to feel this way . Then when my city became a Covid epicenter I was too afraid . I miss it but I never got sick and lost my next door neighbors (both) , wife's mother and about 80 percent of those around me got it at one point or another . My wife and I have not but we gave up a lot of things to be healthy . As we navigate through this next crazy phase of car buying even the dealerships in a good setting are tense with less cars . Things are so different . I remember days like this .....the good old days of 8 percent discounts and a feast of cars tp pick from .
Car Wheel Sky Cloud Vehicle

Automotive parking light Car Cloud Land vehicle Sky

21 - 40 of 49 Posts