Porsche 992 Forum banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
There are three types of dealerships at this time. There are the pure greedy ones that are going for the highest bidder. They are taking their loyal customers and calling him $35,000 ADM fees and losing their future loyalty purchases . There are others who are even deposit farming . It was something that Nick Murray talked about as well. They’re taking tons of deposits on orders that they know they can’t fill simply because they like having your money sitting in their account earning them money and keep you connected enough that if they should get a slot . They really have no intention of filling the order . The third type a trying hard to maintain a loyal customer base. They are giving them the cars an acceptable trade-in values but charging MSRP to retain that customer.

All are quiet. There was a long line of people waiting for that car and for the time being dealerships have the upper hand. If you walk and start over if the process goes on endlessly. They themselves do not know how many allocations they are going to get until they get them. Then they have a pile of deposits 10 times the size of what they received. They are force with the task of turning customers away and choosing who gets the car.

If you have been waiting a year and he can’t give you any answer in my suggestion is to buy a CPO car.
take the deposit back and start over somewhere else. Give the business to someone else. It’s been over a year for you. You have no definitive answer. They probably can’t help you. You could try one last attempt but you’ll probably be met with the same answer you’ve been met with of “I don’t know”.

The worst cases of dealership problems seem to have occurred in California, New York, and Canada. There’s one guy in Canada on Rennlist where they tried to force him to lease the car in fear that he was going to flip it even though he had a receipt that he was purchasing the car. He didn’t want to lease a car. He got it resolved but they tried at the last minute to change something. That has happened in certain places as well. Person shows up on the data by the car and the next thing you know he has to buy an insurance plan or some little add-on feature the dealership has pushed on him or no car.

The leverage that you have is that you buy, service, and trade your car at the dealership. Remind them of that. Then request a deadline or the deposit back and start shopping used for the time being. Also start shopping for a new dealership. One year with no answer is not acceptable.
You're right, you're right. Again! I'll keep my eyes open for an "acceptable" CPO even if it breaks my heart to pay 20K-30K over new. The last 992 s MT cab in Canada is gone (the black one). If you have a minute visit the Porsche car finder Canada. Slim pickings although the first one on the list below looks likes yours (and Bobby's) and PDK! Look at the price (CAD) and mileage (km) on the others 😱 The only "recent" manual is a 991.1 with over 66K km!

Buy used Porsche 911 Carrera S Cabriolet at Pfaff Porsche

Buy used Porsche 911 Carrera S Cabriolet at Porsche Centre Langley

Buy used Porsche 911 Carrera Cabriolet at Porsche Centre Quebec

·
Registered
744 Posts
You're right, you're right. Again! I'll keep my eyes open for an "acceptable" CPO even if it breaks my heart to pay 20K-30K over new. The last 992 s MT cab in Canada is gone (the black one). If you have a minute visit the Porsche car finder Canada. Slim pickings although the first one on the list below looks likes yours (and Bobby's) and PDK! Look at the price (CAD) and mileage (km) on the others 😱 The only "recent" manual is a 991.1 with over 66K km!

Buy used Porsche 911 Carrera S Cabriolet at Porsche Centre Langley

I would omit the last 3 . I know a lot about the 997 and love the car !! I owned 4 of them and still have my 997.1 Turbo . The 997.1 S had a few engine issues . Most were corrected in 2009 but the first gen PDK (09-11) is awful !!!It would have to be manual ! The technology is dated and can not be CPO'd . With high miles its an issue .

The 2014 car also had issues . PDK was greatly improved but the system had a hesitation stumble .

The Gem absent in your line up is the 991.2 (2017 -2019) .

The first two cars are beautiful . So was that black one . I like the silver one more than the carmine . I prefer full leather over standard . I am not a fan of 14 way seats but they are livable . I also like silver more than carmine but I am very simple and understated with colors . Although I can't deny the instant "wow" of a Python green or lava orange its best in someone else garage .

I have also read positive things over the years on Ptaff. It seems popular in your region . Mind you I have only been to Canada once as a child to Niagra Falls . Thus never bent a P dealership there .I still have my souvenir though !! Its the ONLY thing I saved from my childhood . I was impressed with the falls though . After about 20 minutes I was bored and was stuck there for 3 days .

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ordered my 992 CS2 on June 28th 2021 and just received my projected build and delivery date as well as my track your dream log in. I could have made a baby in much less time.
i must say that I am finally getting excited.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts