Porsche 992 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
My 718 was XPEL PPF plus ceramic coating. While I am waiting for the 992 I am considering those PPF's that state they have hydrophobic qualities due to the ceramic properties of the PPF. This should eliminate the need for the ceramic coat. Potentials are Suntek Reaction or Stek Dyno Shield. XPEL also claims their Ultimate Fusion displays hydrophobic qualities, but I am leaning towards Suntek or Stek.

Has anyone tried Suntek Reaction or Stek Dynoshield PPF's or have any first/second hand knowledge of their performance? Any other PPF preference?

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
My 718 was XPEL PPF plus ceramic coating. While I am waiting for the 992 I am considering those PPF's that state they have hydrophobic qualities due to the ceramic properties of the PPF. This should eliminate the need for the ceramic coat. Potentials are Suntek Reaction or Stek Dyno Shield. XPEL also claims their Ultimate Fusion displays hydrophobic qualities, but I am leaning towards Suntek or Stek.

Has anyone tried Suntek Reaction or Stek Dynoshield PPF's or have any first/second hand knowledge of their performance? Any other PPF preference?
Xpel PPF and Opti Coat Plus for Ceramic.

·
Registered
22 Posts
New to the forums and wanted to see what peoples opinions are for ceramic coating vs. wrapping, sorry if this was already discussed.
I had PPF done on the front clip of my 2021 992 C2S. Most of the abuse to the paint happens there. Ceramic on the rest of the car for ease of cleaning and keeping bugs/tree sap and other nasty airborne contaminants from getting through the clear coat. I hand wash and use waterless wash when I don’t have time to do a full wash.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I had PPF done on the front clip of my 2021 992 C2S. Most of the abuse to the paint happens there. Ceramic on the rest of the car for ease of cleaning and keeping bugs/tree sap and other nasty airborne contaminants from getting through the clear coat. I hand wash and use waterless wash when I don’t have time to do a full wash.
Had to drop my wife off at work this morning in the rain, her car is getting serviced. Got home and it’s clean! Had PPF and the ceramic, what the product.

·
Registered
9 Posts
In February 21 I got caught in a sandstorm west of Las Vegas in my 21 C2S. Without PPF my car would have been totaled. Trashed the windshield, headlights, marker lights , and minor damage to a couple wheels. I definitely recommend PPF. Personally the only thing I would ceramic is the wheels. Only to make them easier to clean. I’m thinking I paid around 2500$ for the entire car, second time around. The installer threw in the ceramic because he felt bad that Progressive only covered 1000$ of the install. Said it was aftermarket. I’m with Geico now. Get PPF, saved my car.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have an upcoming appointment for Suntek Reaction full front, mirrors, rocker panels and fender flares with Modesta BC-04 full ceramic on car and wheels. Installer comes highly recommended by several customers and PCA members. Advice/info from Bobby G convinced me to spring.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have an upcoming appointment for Suntek Reaction full front, mirrors, rocker panels and fender flares with Modesta BC-04 full ceramic on car and wheels. Installer comes highly recommended by several customers and PCA members. Advice/info from Bobby G convinced me to spring.
I am also considering Suntek Reaction vs Stek, XPEL or Lumnar. Eastman Chemical supplies SunTek with the Film and Reaction contains hydrophobic properties with the ceramic coating integrated in the film in the manufacturing process. With a full car Reaction application, I should be able to avoid any ceramic coating for 4 to 5 yrs on vehicle. Also planning for STEK Dynoshield on front windshield for protection.

·
Registered
744 Posts
A few years ago a friend of mine did a serious comparison of XPEL VS Suntek. He felt there cost savings in Suntek made it the better play. It looked great . The only issue he had was that the BMW was leased and BMW made him take it off at lease return :eek:. I couldn't believe. The car was impeccable . He went through heII but got it off .

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Uh oh! I’m not familiar with Suntek just Xpel but I’m sure you will love it!

·
Registered
27 Posts
OK. For those interested. I spend some time researching and discussing with installers (9 shops). I decided upon STEK Dyno Shield (Hydrophobic) with a Ceramic Pro 9H coat. Clarity is better on STEK and they have been producing their hydrophobic PPF for numerous years.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
OK. For those interested. I spend some time researching and discussing with installers (9 shops). I decided upon STEK Dyno Shield (Hydrophobic) with a Ceramic Pro 9H coat. Clarity is better on STEK and they have been producing their hydrophobic PPF for numerous years.
Nice work! My car is finished with XPEL but who knows for the next one…..I’ll read up on it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
sounds like good stuff. going in next week for PPF/ceramic and installer of choice uses Suntek Reaction and Modesta ceramic. He comes highly recommended by several PCA members and does all the work for Ferrari/Lamborghini/Bentley dealership. Expecting a good outcome.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I did XPEL on my first Porsche. Nothing wrong with XPEL. SunTek Reaction also good and that was where I was leaning before STEK Dyno Shield What surprised me was the recommendation to install a ceramic coat over the hydrophobic PPF. This came from 50% of the installers. Most important variable is the installer. Find one you can trust as BTD mentioned and go with them. If Lambo's and Ferrari's are in the shop....that seals it for me.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I did XPEL on my first Porsche. Nothing wrong with XPEL. SunTek Reaction also good and that was where I was leaning before STEK Dyno Shield What surprised me was the recommendation to install a ceramic coat over the hydrophobic PPF. This came from 50% of the installers. Most important variable is the installer. Find one you can trust as BTD mentioned and go with them. If Lambo's and Ferrari's are in the shop....that seals it for me.
I agree!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Came back from a Blue Ridge Mountain jaunt Tuesday (up to 1200 miles-800 to go) and had a few bugsplats and some brake dust. Hosed it off and blew dry, good as new and easy peazy. That ceramic is some slick stuff!!!! Lovin the ride and still learning stuff. Next objective is how to switch between Apple Car Play voice+maps and gps+voice. Lost internet in mountains and tried to switch to GPS while navigating switchbacks and the PCM gave me the finger. Response to voice was siri needs internet…..ARG!! Project after that is find magic sequence (or chant) that successfully connects CTEK charger to footwell. Plug in, turn on, have bourbon, turn off lock, have bourbon, wait is NOT the winning ticket…..

21 - 40 of 50 Posts