Porsche 992 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tired of the brake dust so treating myself to Ceramic Coating car, wheels and convertible top. Pontiff, you have quite a bit of experience here so any advice? Did you have your ride done?

Registered
Tired of the brake dust so treating myself to Ceramic Coating car, wheels and convertible top. Pontiff, you have quite a bit of experience here so any advice? Did you have your ride done?
Best would be to train your car to his detailing guy in Miami. Am track does (shipping) it I believe馃槣

Registered
Beware of the quality of the ceramic coating. My detailing shop confirmed that my dealer used the cheaper stuff. You can see the difference in water beading.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Why don鈥檛 you deal directly with a reputable shop and avoid the middle man?
It is a quality shop just hesitated doing it for cost and not knowing much about it鈥.thanks. I also live close to Manheim Auto Auction which is the largest auto auction on the East coast with a TON of reputable detailing shops. Plenty of options.

Registered
It is a quality shop just hesitated doing it for cost and not knowing much about it鈥.thanks. I also live close to Manheim Auto Auction which is the largest auto auction on the East coast with a TON of reputable detailing shops. Plenty of options.
Yep! A quality shop will offer you the best product. Remember the old saying, we usually get what we pay for. I understood after the fact why my dealers offfer was cheaper. My detailing guy thought the ceramic coating hadn鈥檛 even been put on! 馃檮

Registered
Don鈥檛 know if it鈥檚 the darker GB color, the ceramic coating or of I use my brakes differently than you 馃お but I haven鈥檛 noticed that much brake dust so far. Guess the ceramic coating (even the cheaper one) helps馃し馃徎鈥嶁檪锔

Registered
I know nothing about the convertible but all of my cars have ceramic . They also get a maintenance polishing every few months to preserve the longevity of the ceramic . Thats much cheaper than the original application . He uses several products . When I did mine years ago I chose Ceramic Pro but Kamikaze was also great at the time . He showed me cars with both (customer request). When he did my 992 he used a new product which is even better but I dont recall the name . Its incredible stuff . I dont have brake dust though . My Macan has PSCB brakes and my 911 has PCCB .

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Don鈥檛 know if it鈥檚 the darker GB color, the ceramic coating or of I use my brakes differently than you 馃お but I haven鈥檛 noticed that much brake dust so far. Guess the ceramic coating (even the cheaper one) helps馃し馃徎鈥嶁檪锔
I should have done it when I got the car but oh well!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I know nothing about the convertible but all of my cars have ceramic . They also get a maintenance polishing every few months to preserve the longevity of the ceramic . Thats much cheaper than the original application . He uses several products . When I did mine years ago I chose Ceramic Pro but Kamikaze was also great at the time . He showed me cars with both (customer request). When he did my 992 he used a new product which is even better but I dont recall the name . Its incredible stuff . I dont have brake dust though . My Macan has PSCB brakes and my 911 has PCCB .
Ceramic Pro is an option and whatever product the Xpel shop uses, cant recall, thanks!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
On the one hand I told you not to buy cheap, on the other it does sound steep just to coat the inside of the wheels. Up to you馃し馃徎鈥嶁檪锔
My dealer just called me and cut the price in half for the entire job including convertible top interior, pulling the wheels I am very happy!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts