Porsche 992 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just came back from chatting with my independent PPF guy. We discussed tint. He suggested ceramic tint vs the old style (plastic i think). Apparently it is superior quality, stands up to heat much better. Any thought?
Also, he has been doing PPF for many many years, mostly high end cars. He always covers the headlights (including my macan). Despite dealers claiming it should not be done due to heat emitting, he claims it is a myth. These lights do not emit any heat (led lights that is). Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Just came back from chatting with my independent PPF guy. We discussed tint. He suggested ceramic tint vs the old style (plastic i think). Apparently it is superior quality, stands up to heat much better. Any thought?
Also, he has been doing PPF for many many years, mostly high end cars. He always covers the headlights (including my macan). Despite dealers claiming it should not be done due to heat emitting, he claims it is a myth. These lights do not emit any heat (led lights that is). Thoughts?
My roof and windows are down 80% of the time so I didn't look into it but ceramic tint seems to be the newest technology on the market with the best heat and UV protection. And my dealer only offers ceramic tint now. The only downside seems to be the price. But who's counting? 😅

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts