Porsche 992 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Clear side markers seem to be the single most popular 992 modification after delivery. The almost required aesthetic mod! Some of you had them in hands before you even had your 992. And one kind member even offered them to me for Xmas (still waiting)! 馃槈

No more! Because @DoctorFreeze noticed they were now鈥tandard! At least on the configurator. Can anybody confirm? If so, seems like Porsche does listen. But wasn鈥檛 there legal issues in some states or provinces with amber being mandatory?

That being said, I personally like them in orange for a little splash of color. NOT! I鈥檒l change them soon. Maybe. Probably. 馃槄

Registered
Clear side markers seem to be the single most popular 992 modification after delivery. The almost required aesthetic mod! Some of you had them in hands before you even had your 992. And one kind member even offered them to me for Xmas (still waiting)! 馃槈

No more! Because @DoctorFreeze noticed they were now鈥tandard! At least on the configurator. Can anybody confirm? If so, seems like Porsche does listen. But wasn鈥檛 there some legal issues in some states or provinces with amber being mandatory?

That being said, I personally like them in orange for a little splash of color. NOT! I鈥檒l change them soon. Maybe. Probably. 馃槄
Nice Charles!
The clear side markers are standard on the European versions. They are still orange when lit up. They are not illegal in North America, but do not come as standard.

Registered
I believe OP is referring to configurator pictures showing the clear ones.
btw I looked at replacing the side markers on the Macan. Much more involved process than on the 911

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I believe OP is referring to configurator pictures showing the clear ones.
btw I looked at replacing the side markers on the Macan. Much more involved process than on the 911
Exactly! On the configurator, the markers are clear. Thought they were amber when I did my build? Not sure. That鈥檚 why I thought they were now standard 馃し馃徎鈥嶁檪锔 So, they鈥檙e not?

Registered
I could be wrong but I've think they've always shown clear - i think I remember when I configured my 991.2 them being clear in the configurator only to be disappointed (mildly) when the car arrived with orange. Never did get around to swapping them out there but it was one of the first mods I did when I got my 992.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I could be wrong but I've think they've always shown clear - i think I remember when I configured my 991.2 them being clear in the configurator only to be disappointed (mildly) when the car arrived with orange. Never did get around to swapping them out there but it was one of the first mods I did when I got my 992.
I think I'm the only one who hasn't swapped those orange side markers...yet! @jts992f May I ask what were the other mods you did? The only one I did was immediately swap the cup holder for the other little cubby! LOL! :p

Registered
I also swapped the cup holder. I don't eat or drink in the car. I did the RGS radiator grills, the DB Carbon center console and I'm picking up the car today from the place doing the PPF and ceramic coating. I think that will hold me for a while, mod-wise.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I also swapped the cup holder. I don't eat or drink in the car. I did the RGS radiator grills, the DB Carbon center console and I'm picking up the car today from the place doing the PPF and ceramic coating. I think that will hold me for a while, mod-wise.
I've read about those grills. They seem like a must. Why Porsche doesn't include them as either an option or an included item is a mystery to me.

Registered
Yeah, both the grills and center console material choice would be another chance for Porsche to charge for an option. Maybe they'll offer them on the 992.2... Either way, I've seen a couple of threads about damaged radiators so l can rest a little easier now (plus they look great) and I really didn't like the piano black on the console. The DB Carbon stuff isn't cheap but it's worth it every time I get in car....

Registered
Thanks. Yeah, being on Rennlist has cost me a ton of money! I did do the install myself. The average person should be able to do it in about 15-30 minutes, it took me FAR longer than I care to admit. Following the threads on RL some people knock out the install in 15 minutes, some people give up and take it to their dealer to do it. (I was at that point, called 3 local dealers, none quite knew what i was talking about and one of them said the bumper had to come off to do it (the only thing that has to be removed is the top of the trim piece in front of the radiator)) Anyway, I was finally able get it done, but not without out of lot of swearing and increased stomach acid production. But I think most people shouldn't have an issue.

Registered
Thanks. Yeah, being on Rennlist has cost me a ton of money! I did do the install myself. The average person should be able to do it in about 15-30 minutes, it took me FAR longer than I care to admit. Following the threads on RL some people knock out the install in 15 minutes, some people give up and take it to their dealer to do it. (I was at that point, called 3 local dealers, none quite knew what i was talking about and one of them said the bumper had to come off to do it (the only thing that has to be removed is the top of the trim piece in front of the radiator)) Anyway, I was finally able get it done, but not without out of lot of swearing and increased stomach acid production. But I think most people shouldn't have an issue.
They do look nice and provide function so now you have me thinking!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts