Porsche 992 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
So Porsche sells me an expensive 911 without proper radiator protection?!:mad:

Can I play devil's advocate and ask a couple of naive and stupid questions:

1. Can the grills reduce the air volume sufficiently to cause overheating and related engine problems?
2. Does fitting the grilles impact warranty cover?

I think the grilles have a fonction and look good. But I can't believe I have to go through loosening tabs, removing trim pieces and pulling clips out of the bumper! 😬 I do make it sound like open heart surgery! LOL! 😛

·
Registered
14 Posts
:1. Can the grills reduce the air volume sufficiently to cause overheating and related engine problems?

I think the grilles have a fonction and look good. But I can't believe I have to go through loosening tabs, removing trim pieces and pulling clips out of the bumper! 😬 I do make it sound like open heart surgery! LOL! 😛
RGS says they don't affect air flow so I can't imagine them affecting warranty. The company is very responsive and reached out to me as they were following my thread on RL when I indicated I was struggling with the trim removal. Stellar customer service from them.

It's really only the removal / reinstall of one trim piece (for me, the most time consuming parts, actual installation of the grill itself is very straight forward)

The "top" trim piece is shaped like a lopsided "U" and wraps around the "bottom" piece. The trick is to make sure both sides of the "U" are clear of the bottom piece, then you should be able to slide it left and out (for the left radiator side) The install video on the RGS site is pretty helpful but it's hilariously vague on the actual removal of the trim piece.

l may have made this sound more complicated than it is. Most of the people on RL installed them easily, a few of us had issues.

HTH

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
RGS says they don't affect air flow so I can't imagine them affecting warranty. The company is very responsive and reached out to me as they were following my thread on RL when I indicated I was struggling with the trim removal. Stellar customer service from them.

It's really only the removal / reinstall of one trim piece (for me, the most time consuming parts, actual installation of the grill itself is very straight forward)

The "top" trim piece is shaped like a lopsided "U" and wraps around the "bottom" piece. The trick is to make sure both sides of the "U" are clear of the bottom piece, then you should be able to slide it left and out (for the left radiator side) The install video on the RGS site is pretty helpful but it's hilariously vague on the actual removal of the trim piece.

l may have made this sound more complicated than it is. Most of the people on RL installed them easily, a few of us had issues.

HTH
I’ll let you know how I do or if I over heat!!!!! Those grills are standard on the Spyder so don’t understand why those “krouts” don’t use them on all the cars???

·
Registered
598 Posts
So Porsche sells me an expensive 911 without proper radiator protection?!:mad:

Can I play devil's advocate and ask a couple of naive and stupid questions:

1. Can the grills reduce the air volume sufficiently to cause overheating and related engine problems?

I like the idea of the grills. I would contact the dealer before installing. I think I know what they will say…….
Hence, the warranty potential issue. Just saying….

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
I do spend more time on the blue thing than the black thing in the fall. I head to Miami soon
Black beauty got to see the lake after all. 😉 👍

Gravel roads are not my favorite, especially after last WE faulty tire sensor warning. It happened just after my drive to the trails. And not for long. 🤔

21 - 40 of 51 Posts