Porsche 992 Forum banner
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Clear side markers seem to be the single most popular 992 modification after delivery. The almost required aesthetic mod! Some of you had them in hands before you even had your 992. And one kind member even offered them to me for Xmas (still waiting)! 😉

No more! Because @DoctorFreeze noticed they were now…standard! At least on the configurator. Can anybody confirm? If so, seems like Porsche does listen. But wasn’t there legal issues in some states or provinces with amber being mandatory?

That being said, I personally like them in orange for a little splash of color. NOT! I’ll change them soon. Maybe. Probably. 😅
Does anyone know if the clear side markers still emit an amber light when the lights are on or does it emit a white light? I'm wondering if the latter, would I risk getting a citation if a police officer notices that my side marker is not the regulation amber color? Thanks... I'm actually considering buying the clear side markers because orange doesn't quite look right on a Gentian Blue car (and I'm not a Clemson Tiger fan either!).

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Does anyone know if the clear side markers still emit an amber light when the lights are on or does it emit a white light? I'm wondering if the latter, would I risk getting a citation if a police officer notices that my side marker is not the regulation amber color? Thanks... I'm actually considering buying the clear side markers because orange doesn't quite look right on a Gentian Blue car (and I'm not a Clemson Tiger fan either!).
Doc, you’ll be fine, because once you turn it on, it turns amber and when it’s off, it’s clear. I wouldn’t worry about it at all you’re covered!

41 - 51 of 51 Posts