Porsche 992 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 57 Posts

Registered
That sounds a bit too quick. If they meant the car will be built in January, then a Feb delivery is possible. Ask to see the current build sheet, if the car hasn't hit the freeze point. I picked up an active 911 allocation this past June, it was 3 weeks away from the freeze point. I took delivery of the car October 14. That's a real example of a time frame.
Porsche has tried to up the pace it seems. My friend that was given a four day to lock opportunities that he turned down also had a quick delivery. He showed me the build sheet. My Macan locked in early October is expected to be in my hands December. The long wait that your experiencing is what many of us faced too . Pre-Covid the turnaround was usually 2 .5 to 3 months.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
On a lighter note @Migro, have you played with the configurator yet and can you share your build? Be sure we will be supportive and give sound advice, unless you spec racing yellow for a color! 馃お馃槀

You will also be praised if you plan to replace the stock orange side markers with clear ones! LOL! Sorry guys, couldn鈥檛 help myself.

Here's my build code PP1E7FL9

Registered
For ME, it's just perfect (even if it's not MT, which you can't have on a base) ;) ! Sport chrono, PSE, 20/21 wheels and I actually prefer the 4 way seats like you (love to slide and don't need memory), although I chose the Sport Seat Plus that I find more snug. You should try them if your dealer has a 992 with them. They're different for every model (Macan, Cayenne, Taycan). Black leather with chalk stiching is a nice touch. Finally, even if I'm not a big fan of black wheels I think they're a must on chalk! Just a perfect match. Some will argue you should go all black (window trim, Logo) with break and clear taillights. But color is such a personnal choice. Good job!(y)

Now, did you get that ADM down to 2.5K and sign the papers? 馃槄 No pressure. LOL!

Registered
For ME, it's just perfect (even if it's not MT, which you can't have on a base) ;) ! Sport chrono, PSE, 20/21 wheels and I actually prefer the 4 way seats like you (love to slide and don't need memory), although I chose the Sport Seat Plus that I find more snug. You should try them if your dealer has a 992 with them. They're different for every model (Macan, Cayenne, Taycan). Black leather with chalk stiching is a nice touch. Finally, even if I'm not a big fan of black wheels I think they're a must on chalk! Just a perfect match. Some will argue you should go all black (window trim, Logo) with break and clear taillights. But color is such a personnal choice. Good job!(y)

Now, did you get that ADM down to 2.5K and sign the papers? 馃槄 No pressure. LOL!
Nice build!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #25 ·

Thank you! Good call I think I'll go with the black logo like you said. I'm trying my luck trying to get him down to MSRP but It's doubtful he'll do it.

Registered
Its beautiful . I would cut the glass roof . Its added weight in the center of mass on a sports car . On a Macan yes. On a 911 no. The steel roof saves 2K. Carbon Fiber roof adds 2K but looks amazing . I found pics with chalk and have it on my Gt silver . Its overkill on a base car though . The other thing I would so is the exclusive design tail lights . I looked at more pictures of chalk than I can count before I ordered it on my upcoming Macan . I dont like how the red red goes with chalk and the clear light (standard on all GTS cars) makes it . I also would change the model designation to just "911" , All those words are like reading a novel . Like the black wheels on chalk!!!

Heres a clear light on chalk car , Its not a 911 but look at how clean that looks . 911 is even cleaner with the narrow light bar .
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

Pic of Carbpn roof on chalk 992.
Water Hood Automotive tire Asphalt Automotive wheel system

Registered
Its beautiful . I would cut the glass roof . Its added weight in the center of mass on a sports car . On a Macan yes. On a 911 no. The steel roof saves 2K. Carbon Fiber roof adds 2K but looks amazing . I found pics with chalk and have it on my Gt silver . Its overkill on a base car though . The other thing I would so is the exclusive design tail lights . I looked at more pictures of chalk than I can count before I ordered it on my upcoming Macan . I dont like how the red red goes with chalk and the clear light (standard on all GTS cars) makes it . I also would change the model designation to just "911" , All those words are like reading a novel . Like the black wheels on chalk!!!

Heres a clear light on chalk car , Its not a 911 but look at how clean that looks . 911 is even cleaner with the narrow light bar .
View attachment 1278

Pic of Carbpn roof on chalk 992.
View attachment 1279
As usual, all good points Larry. Regarding the glass sunroof, added weight or not, some will want to have it, like I prefer to have a cab. Personal choices. I would think that the glass sunroof lets a lot of light into the cockpit and makes things feel much more open. I have it on the Macan and have almost never opened it. But that panoramic glass roof brings so much spaciousness to the cabin that it hardly matter. For the 911, I would humbly think that not having one would appeal to someone that likes to track their cars a lot.

Did i understand you don鈥檛 like black wheels on chalk?! Hmm. If that鈥檚 the case, again, a personal choice.

Finally, i must admit that changing the model designation to 911 is nice, especially if black on chalk. That said, for the price I paid, I decided to keep every letter of the alphabet that was offered. And I love reading novels. 馃おLOL!

Memo to @Migro, first and foremost, get it the way you want it ... forget resale, salesperson (they all push for the sunroof) and especially us! LOL! 馃お馃槀

Registered
As usual, all good points Larry. Regarding the glass sunroof, added weight or not, some will want to have it, like I prefer to have a cab. Personal choices. I would think that the glass sunroof lets a lot of light into the cockpit and makes things feel much more open. I have it on the Macan and have almost never opened it. But that panoramic glass roof brings so much spaciousness to the cabin that it hardly matter. For the 911, I would humbly think that not having one would appeal to someone that likes to track their cars a lot.

Did i understand you don鈥檛 like black wheels on chalk?! Hmm. If that鈥檚 the case, again, a personal choice.

Finally, i must admit that changing the model designation to 911 is nice, especially if black on chalk. That said, for the price I paid, I decided to keep every letter of the alphabet that was offered. And I love reading novels. 馃おLOL!

Memo to @Migro, first and foremost, get it the way you want it ... forget resale, salesperson (they all push for the sunroof) and especially us! LOL! 馃お馃槀
I agree that he should get what he likes . I will address your points .

1) I love black wheel on chalk . I agree with him that its a must .

2) Sunroof is a controversial topic . My last car had a glass sunroof because I bought the first one they got on the lot . They didn't expect a car and I just happened to walk in when they got it . I did not order and wait for it . I never actually opened the glass but in terms of sunroofs it was the best one I ever had . I don't hate it . I did feel they put a great sunroof in the worst possible car to do it . The Macan roof sucks for example . Wife likes it ,, her car. it has the roof .

Its not just the weight added . Its the location of the weight . It smack in the center of mass of the car. Not only does it compromise torsional rigidity . It decreases perfgirjmamce potential. Some people claim it gets too hot in the summer . I dont mind the heat . Bald people claim it exposes the head to UV . I am not bald . My point is that its not perfect . It also costs 2K more than a steel roof . Add more weight like a Targa and Porsche could not even use a GTS suspension in the GTS version .It weighs more than a Cab .

I do love that you enjoy your Cab. I do feel its the best one Porsche ever made .I love the coupe for so many reasons (structural integrity, blind spot, original design , acoustics , its endless ) . I am a coupe guy .

I dont feel its too dark in the cabin. Previous 911's like 993. 996, and 997 all had steel sunroof . I never opened mine even once.

The appeal of no roof is not necessarily a track point . The 911 in general is a sacrifice . The utility of a Cayenne , passenger comfort of a Panamera or the middle ground like a Macan are given up tp own a world class iconic vehicle . Plus the expense to buy the car has Camry owners unfounded. A sunroof almost seems minimal . My feeling is I want all in !!! The purest 911 is a Gt3 . Even the Turboi S now has a lighweight package , One can make his 911 a close relative the Gt car or a distant one . I try to keep mine closer than further .

Registered
I agree that he should get what he likes . I will address your points .

1) I love black wheel on chalk . I agree with him that its a must .

2) Sunroof is a controversial topic . My last car had a glass sunroof because I bought the first one they got on the lot . They didn't expect a car and I just happened to walk in when they got it . I did not order and wait for it . I never actually opened the glass but in terms of sunroofs it was the best one I ever had . I don't hate it . I did feel they put a great sunroof in the worst possible car to do it . The Macan roof sucks for example . Wife likes it ,, her car. it has the roof .

Its not just the weight added . Its the location of the weight . It smack in the center of mass of the car. Not only does it compromise torsional rigidity . It decreases perfgirjmamce potential. Some people claim it gets too hot in the summer . I dont mind the heat . Bald people claim it exposes the head to UV . I am not bald . My point is that its not perfect . It also costs 2K more than a steel roof . Add more weight like a Targa and Porsche could not even use a GTS suspension in the GTS version .It weighs more than a Cab .

I do love that you enjoy your Cab. I do feel its the best one Porsche ever made .I love the coupe for so many reasons (structural integrity, blind spot, original design , acoustics , its endless ) . I am a coupe guy .

I dont feel its too dark in the cabin. Previous 911's like 993. 996, and 997 all had steel sunroof . I never opened mine even once.

The appeal of no roof is not necessarily a track point . The 911 in general is a sacrifice . The utility of a Cayenne , passenger comfort of a Panamera or the middle ground like a Macan are given up tp own a world class iconic vehicle . Plus the expense to buy the car has Camry owners unfounded. A sunroof almost seems minimal . My feeling is I want all in !!! The purest 911 is a Gt3 . Even the Turboi S now has a lighweight package , One can make his 911 a close relative the Gt car or a distant one . I try to keep mine closer than further .
Thanks Larry for all the time you take to explain your points. You are knowledgeable, passionate and an all around nice guy. Did I say 芦 passionate 禄?! LOL!

I just wanted our new member to understand that he will get lots of opinions and suggestions, that鈥檚 the whole idea about a Forum, but at the end he should get what he likes. But he鈥檚 a big boy, he knew that. Personally, the 芦 newbie 禄 that I was took a while to admit not specking things that are considered 芦 must haves 禄 by the Porsche community. Just admitting preferring a cab seemed almost sacrilege. A friend of mine just couldn鈥檛 get it! LOL! I鈥檝e 芦 matured 禄 since then 馃槈 and understand the passion behind each 芦 advice 禄. And that not all decisions are based on logic but can be just plain personal preferences.

Thanks again Larry for sharing that passion. It鈥檚 contagious. 馃憤

And we didn鈥檛 even talk about the clear side markers! 馃槀

Registered
Thanks Larry for all the time you take to explain your points. You are knowledgeable, passionate and an all around nice guy. Did I say 芦 passionate 禄?! LOL!

I just wanted our new member to understand that he will get lots of opinions and suggestions, that鈥檚 the whole idea about a Forum, but at the end he should get what he likes. But he鈥檚 a big boy, he knew that. Personally, the 芦 newbie 禄 that I was took a while to admit not specking things that are considered 芦 must haves 禄 by the Porsche community. Just admitting preferring a cab seemed almost sacrilege. A friend of mine just couldn鈥檛 get it! LOL! I鈥檝e 芦 matured 禄 since then 馃槈 and understand the passion behind each 芦 advice 禄. And that not all decisions are based on logic but can be just plain personal preferences.

Thanks again Larry for sharing that passion. It鈥檚 contagious. 馃憤

And we didn鈥檛 even talk about the clear side markers! 馃槀
Clear side markers are a given . Thank you BTW for the compliments . I know I can be tough on critiques . I dint sugar coat anything but in the original poster case even the way he has it is good enough that I would buy it . I was just seasoning it !!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Dealer's latest response was "allocation is still available and to be honest after my porsche meeting this past Friday it will sell for more than the 5000 over aa there will be fewer cars for the unforeseeable future I will honor the 5000 though I'm sorry it's just business and very hard on us all"

I'm sure he's just playing a psychological move by saying that after a meeting he could get more than the original 5k but that he'd honor it to make me feel like I'm getting a good deal. I just don't know how I feel about paying anything over MSRP if demand is said to be expected to go down in the not so far future. Basically I don't want to end up paying premiums and then in half a year I realize I could have saved many thousands. Such a tricky decision :/

Registered
Dealer's latest response was "allocation is still available and to be honest after my porsche meeting this past Friday it will sell for more than the 5000 over aa there will be fewer cars for the unforeseeable future I will honor the 5000 though I'm sorry it's just business and very hard on us all"

I'm sure he's just playing a psychological move by saying that after a meeting he could get more than the original 5k but that he'd honor it to make me feel like I'm getting a good deal. I just don't know how I feel about paying anything over MSRP if demand is said to be expected to go down in the not so far future. Basically I don't want to end up paying premiums and then in half a year I realize I could have saved many thousands. Such a tricky decision :/
芦 Carpe diem 禄 馃槈

Registered

I ordered the car and they actually gave me a five or 6% discount so that鈥檚 a very shitty dealership sorry.

Registered

Anyone who buys a new car at my dealership pays MSRP in these times. Used cars are sold at market price. In short a person who wants a 992 turbo S would have to pay over MSRP for a used one. They are buying convenience and an immediate car. The people who get new cars are selected in the order that they left a deposit in combination with their status with the dealership. Priorities given to VIP and repeat buyers who have spent a lot of money in their dealership and have been loyal customers. It sure does come with some stress with somebody from out of state is waiving $50,000 over for the car that you鈥檙e getting at MSRP. The result is my dealership has retained lifetime customers. A friend of mine who is VIP was quoted over MSRP in California for Macan. He got so upset that he walked from the deal and may not buy a car from them ever again. It must be very appealing to a dealership to make that one time money grab. That short term gain creates a long-term pain in losing the local buyers who now has lost the desire to do business with them further.

If it鈥檚 convenient pay the 5000. After you handing the check and take the car you鈥檙e done with them. The fact that I location is still available means that others don鈥檛 want to pay the five grand.

Registered
Anyone who buys a new car at my dealership pays MSRP in these times. Used cars are sold at market price. In short a person who wants a 992 turbo S would have to pay over MSRP for a used one. They are buying convenience and an immediate car. The people who get new cars are selected in the order that they left a deposit in combination with their status with the dealership. Priorities given to VIP and repeat buyers who have spent a lot of money in their dealership and have been loyal customers. It sure does come with some stress with somebody from out of state is waiving $50,000 over for the car that you鈥檙e getting at MSRP. The result is my dealership has retained lifetime customers. A friend of mine who is VIP was quoted over MSRP in California for Macan. He got so upset that he walked from the deal and may not buy a car from them ever again. It must be very appealing to a dealership to make that one time money grab. That short term gain creates a long-term pain in losing the local buyers who now has lost the desire to do business with them further.

If it鈥檚 convenient pay the 5000. After you handing the check and take the car you鈥檙e done with them. The fact that I location is still available means that others don鈥檛 want to pay the five grand.
A deposit is fine as long as it鈥檚 applied to the car. My dealer here in Pennsylvania just does not believe in marking up the cars. Old-school integrity is what I call it. If you鈥檝e met one dealer you鈥檝e only met one dealer! I have only bought one car previously with them so I am not a heavy hitter by any means. In other words, there are still good people out there.

Registered
A deposit is fine as long as it鈥檚 applied to the car. My dealer here in Pennsylvania just does not believe in marking up the cars. Old-school integrity is what I call it. If you鈥檝e met one dealer you鈥檝e only met one dealer! I have only bought one car previously with them so I am not a heavy hitter by any means. In other words, there are still good people out there.
My dealership is such a high volume they would not have been able to cut accommodate even the local buyers. They were that many repeat buyers locally. The first thing they did was reject out-of-state purchases. How can they when they鈥檙e turning people away in the room backyard? They looked at who gave the deposits and when. When I arrived they had a print out of every car I purchased at their dealership. I spent a lot of money there. No it鈥檚 true that they could鈥檝e gone with a guy 40 years old instead of 64. How many do I have left? Why not start with a guy who鈥檚 40 like I once was to be able to spend a lot of money there like I did. Instead they chose me. They told me that I am like family to them. Despite people offering a lot more for my car they turn them all away . When I asked for a Macan I was given immediate slot at MSRP as well. Even when they couldn鈥檛 get me a car without a seven month wait last year they completely understood why I picked the one that was already on the lot in Fort Myers. At that time they even offered me a discount but it was when things were starting to get bad and they told me it would be harder and I鈥檇 probably have to wait a bit. That鈥檚 the 2020 in Macan Turbo I have. Even though Fort Myers dealership was a wonderful to me it does not matter. I want to buy a car at my own dealership here at home. I haven鈥檛 even pressured them about my black car . Remember that? It鈥檚 still in the shop. They haven鈥檛 gotten around to it obviously. It鈥檚 a big job. With yet another hurricane on the way I鈥檓 not pressuring them especially now.

Registered
My dealership is such a high volume they would not have been able to cut accommodate even the local buyers. They were that many repeat buyers locally. The first thing they did was reject out-of-state purchases. How can they when they鈥檙e turning people away in the room backyard? They looked at who gave the deposits and when. When I arrived they had a print out of every car I purchased at their dealership. I spent a lot of money there. No it鈥檚 true that they could鈥檝e gone with a guy 40 years old instead of 64. How many do I have left? Why not start with a guy who鈥檚 40 like I once was to be able to spend a lot of money there like I did. Instead they chose me. They told me that I am like family to them. Despite people offering a lot more for my car they turn them all away . When I asked for a Macan I was given immediate slot at MSRP as well. Even when they couldn鈥檛 get me a car without a seven month wait last year they completely understood why I picked the one that was already on the lot in Fort Myers. At that time they even offered me a discount but it was when things were starting to get bad and they told me it would be harder and I鈥檇 probably have to wait a bit. That鈥檚 the 2020 in Macan Turbo I have. Even though Fort Myers dealership was a wonderful to me it does not matter. I want to buy a car at my own dealership here at home. I haven鈥檛 even pressured them about my black car . Remember that? It鈥檚 still in the shop. They haven鈥檛 gotten around to it obviously. It鈥檚 a big job. With yet another hurricane on the way I鈥檓 not pressuring them especially now.
Thats good feedback Larry, sorry your other car is still out of commission but the storms again鈥h man!

21 - 40 of 57 Posts