Porsche 992 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Not a big fan of trim pieces in exterior colors except maybe for silver. Looks good, That said, I’m very happy with the stock Interior trim package in « Diamar DarkSilver ». I think that’s what it’s called. IMHO, No need for CF or anything else.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Not a fan…sorry.
I agree Bobby. I just loved to drive it for that day. For me it's too much. That said, I love these bright and unusual colors in the classic 911s and the GT cars but I’m certainly glad Porsche also offers colors like…Gentian Blue! LOL!

Personal preference aside, color choice has a gigantic impact on public perception. In my Volcano Gray Macan, often times people don't even notice me, let alone driving a Porsche. But in any bright color your presence is made aware in a 5 mile radius. So, it depends if you want to stay under the radar or not.

Believe it or not, I'm more of a classic guy - like you, GT silver would’ve been my choice but I needed a little more punch without going too « exotic ». GB did it this time. Who knows what will be next.

What will be your next color?

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
I agree Bobby. I just loved to drive it for that day. For me it's too much. That said, I love these bright and unusual colors in the classic 911s and the GT cars but I’m certainly glad Porsche also offers colors like…Gentian Blue! LOL!

Personal preference aside, color choice has a gigantic impact on public perception. In my Volcano Gray Macan, often times people don't even notice me, let alone driving a Porsche. But in any bright color your presence is made aware in a 5 mile radius. So, it depends if you want to stay under the radar or not.

Believe it or not, I'm more of a classic guy - like you, GT silver would’ve been my choice but I needed a little more punch without going too « exotic ». GB did it this time. Who knows what will be next.

What will be your next color?
I totally agree C! Colors like that scream “look at me like a rock star on stage…wait what?” Those days are over and no one wants that attention. I almost went with a black convertible top but I needed the sporty classic touch. I like the Macan and will eventually get one down the road but I dont need one now. I think the Macan in a low key color does blend in with other cars in the class. Guys like us will wave hello because we know what it is. I might try Carmine Red, Gentian Blue (yes you wore me down) and I still like Agate Gray like my first Boxster and first love and they say you never forget your first!

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I totally agree C! Colors like that scream “look at me like a rock star on stage…wait what?” Those days are over and no one wants that attention. I almost went with a black convertible top but I needed the sporty classic touch. I like the Macan and will eventually get one down the road but I dont need one now. I think the Macan in a low key color does blend in with other cars in the class. Guys like us will wave hello because we know what it is. I might try Carmine Red, Gentian Blue (yes you wore me down) and I still like Agate Gray like my first Boxster and first love and they say you never forget your first!
Where are you also I’m very conservative with colors. It was hard for me to break away from white . It was also hard breaking away from black for an SUV.

I feel that a conservative color draws the attention to the car itself rather than what it looks like.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have a white BMW 650 Gran Coupe now so another white car is out of the picture. I'm in the Buffalo NY area, were that location Sarasota I'd have no hesitation in ordering a more flamboyant color like Python Green. Silver in this area is a great color, nearly always looks clean, even in the winter (no the T won't be out then). Besides, GT Silver is a historic color and I believe to be true to the car's design underpinnings.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I have a white BMW 650 Gran Coupe now so another white car is out of the picture. I'm in the Buffalo NY area, were that location Sarasota I'd have no hesitation in ordering a more flamboyant color like Python Green. Silver in this area is a great color, nearly always looks clean, even in the winter (no the T won't be out then). Besides, GT Silver is a historic color and I believe to be true to the car's design underpinnings.
Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Wheel White

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Love those historic pics, that’s why I changes from Agate Gray to GT Silver, heritage and history!
I looked at the 992 in every other color. I built one in every color. I asked guys on rennlist to post pics . I created three different threads. One was dedicated to just the super bright colors. The next was GT silver. And last was white. GT silver and white with my top choices . There were many other colors in between that I could have lived with easily. The way I determine the top choice was they were my two most expensive builds . That is how I determined how much I was willing to commit to the car. GT silver won . Now that I have the color I love it even more than I thought I would. I feel like my car looks like a spaceship low level flying. I really love this car!

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
I looked at the 992 in every other color. I built one in every color. I asked guys on rennlist to post pics . I created three different threads. One was dedicated to just the super bright colors. The next was GT silver. And last was white. GT silver and white with my top choices . There were many other colors in between that I could have lived with easily. The way I determine the top choice was they were my two most expensive builds . That is how I determined how much I was willing to commit to the car. GT silver won . Now that I have the color I love it even more than I thought I would. I feel like my car looks like a spaceship low level flying. I really love this car!
You are one organized son of a gun Pontiff!

21 - 40 of 76 Posts