Porsche 992 Forum banner
41 - 60 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts

·
Registered
1,002 Posts

Top Gear’s review came out with no surprises there. Calling it the sweet spot of the range.
The T is awesome . I felt that way about the last T too. You really are getting a perfect first 911 !!

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Here we go boys!
I watched all three . I liked the second one the most . I agree that the car should be spec as he did . The test car had sport buckets (light weight ) . It was an option on the first T and should be on this one . PCCB was an option on the first and the only weak link in the T are the brakes . They are just standard base car brakes .

It's interesting how quickly it can match ups to a camera S in price .I think the T in a manual is very exclusive . In my GTS I have all the lightweight package things that are standard and LOVE them !!

I think the great part about the T is that if ordered lean on options its not outrageous . there are so ,many standard amenities that even a basic build isn't missing much .

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I watched all three . I liked the second one the most . I agree that the car should be spec as he did . The test car had sport buckets (light weight ) . It was an option on the first T and should be on this one . PCCB was an option on the first and the only weak link in the T are the brakes . They are just standard base car brakes .

It's interesting how quickly it can match ups to a camera S in price .I think the T in a manual is very exclusive . In my GTS I have all the lightweight package things that are standard and LOVE them !!

I think the great part about the T is that if ordered lean on options its not outrageous . there are so ,many standard amenities that even a basic build isn't missing much .
The T is a great option….convertible version next???

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Excellent review as he always does. I have not seen the sport bucket seats though that he mentioned. I saw it in their test car but not on the configurator. If the car was not a daily I would get them. If I were 15 years younger I get them even in a daily.
Seats are key for sure…glad I got the sport seats in the 992 my daily. Anything tight would not be optimal.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Seats are key for sure…glad I got the sport seats in the 992 my daily. Anything tight would not be optimal.
The sport bucket seat is like sitting in a wedge. It takes a little getting used to. The last time I sat in one was 2018. They had a Carrera T and we took it out to take some pictures. The general manager is a former pro driver and he’s only 32 years old. I was at the time 60 he hopped in and out like a puppy. For me, it took a little more time but I had it. I don’t know if I’d be able to do it in five years when I’m 70 that would be especially the case in a daily that’s what would concern me at my age.
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Window Automotive design
Wheel Car Vehicle Tire Vehicle registration plate
Wheel Car Vehicle Tire Vehicle registration plate
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
55 Posts
There's two possibly three road trips I'd take with my T: Montreal (6 hours); Saratoga Springs. (4.5 hrs) and Sarasota (18 hrs) so seats that can't last at least a 10 hour driving day are definitely out (LWBS). My SA said I wouldn't be comfortable in the 18 ways (6'2" 235 pounds) due to the leg bolsters. I guess that leaves the Sports Plus 4 waiting electric seats then. Besides, the 4 ways move up and out of the way quicker while the LWBS don't even move fore/aft.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
The sport bucket seat is like sitting in a wedge. It takes a little getting used to. The last time I sat in one was 2018. They had a Carrera T and we took it out to take some pictures. The general manager is a former pro driver and he’s only 32 years old. I was at the time 60 he hopped in and out like a puppy. For me, it took a little more time but I had it. I don’t know if I’d be able to do it in five years when I’m 70 that would be especially the case in a daily that’s what would concern me at my age. View attachment 1395 View attachment 1396 View attachment 1396 View attachment 1397
Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design

Motor vehicle Automotive design Car seat cover Vehicle Vehicle door

I like mine better!

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
There's two possibly three road trips I'd take with my T: Montreal (6 hours); Saratoga Springs. (4.5 hrs) and Sarasota (18 hrs) so seats that can't last at least a 10 hour driving day are definitely out (LWBS). My SA said I wouldn't be comfortable in the 18 ways (6'2" 235 pounds) due to the leg bolsters. I guess that leaves the Sports Plus 4 waiting electric seats then. Besides, the 4 ways move up and out of the way quicker while the LWBS don't even move fore/aft.
That sounds like a plan, enjoy Scott!

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I have the same seat. They’re 18 way seats. It’s a very different type of seat in a sport bucket. The sport bucket seat is less comfortable in a daily car. The purpose of the sport bucket is that it is set at the exact proper seating position for track use, it also is a much lighter seat with no heavy motors or ventilating things. It’s not a luxury seat. It has a purpose. It’s almost a must have in a GT car, however, driving around daily on the street hopping in and out of the car and pushing the age of 70 I can understand the 18 ways seats and that’s why I chose them as well , they are the only detriment I put on my car. I did consider the buckets.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I have the same seat. They’re 18 way seats. It’s a very different type of seat in a sport bucket. The sport bucket seat is less comfortable in a daily car. The purpose of the sport bucket is that it is set at the exact proper seating position for track use, it also is a much lighter seat with no heavy motors or ventilating things. It’s not a luxury seat. It has a purpose. It’s almost a must have in a GT car, however, driving around daily on the street hopping in and out of the car and pushing the age of 70 I can understand the 18 ways seats and that’s why I chose them as well , they are the only detriment I put on my car. I did consider the buckets.
I had the sport plus seats in my Boxster and they were even tight for me. I was OK but after a 45 or one hour ride I was sore. I’m only 59 160 pounds and it was not a good situation. I probably Checked that on the configurator a dozen times to make sure I pick the right seats and top down again today, 55 degrees and the week looks promising.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
No sport bucket for me. I'm in the middle with the Sport Seat Plus. Those come 4-way like mine or 18-way like yours Larry. Both have elevated side bolsters.

Bobby has the Sport Seat which comes in 4 or 14-way (like his). You can see the difference in his pic and mine. At least that's what I understand.

I like the Sport Seat Plus which is more snug.

Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Window Automotive design

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
No sport bucket for me. I'm in the middle with the Sport Seat Plus. Those come 4-way like mine or 18-way like yours Larry. Both have elevated side bolsters.

Bobby has the Sport Seat which comes in 4 or 14-way (like his). You can see the difference in his pic and mine. At least that's what I understand.

I like the Sport Seat Plus which is more snug.

View attachment 1401
Exactly, yours are a tad more snug and I went for 14 way. I said to myself if I need 18 way seat adjustment I’d never get out of the driveway! I’d still be adjusting them!

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Exactly, yours are a tad more snug and I went for 14 way. I said to myself if I need 18 way seat adjustment I’d never get out of the driveway! I’d still be adjusting them!
I was soooo excited when I did the test drive that I didn't remember what seats I was sitting on. Too many things to compute and register. After ordering them, I was worried about how "snug" the seats would be but I was happy when I got the car. It's a good incentive not to gain weight! LOL!

That said, I think my longest drive last summer was about 2 hours. I'll let you know how comfortable they are for a longer ride when I come visit Lititz (Google maps says about 8 hours from MTL)! :p

41 - 60 of 76 Posts