Porsche 992 Forum banner
61 - 80 of 172 Posts

· Registered
1,894 Posts
I was soooo excited when I did the test drive that I didn't remember what seats I was sitting on. Too many things to compute and register. After ordering them, I was worried about how "snug" the seats would be but I was happy when I got the car. It's a good incentive not to gain weight! LOL!

That said, I think my longest drive last summer was about 2 hours. I'll let you know how comfortable they are for a longer ride when I come visit Lititz (Google maps says about 8 hours from MTL)! :p
There ya go….only an 8 hour drive but it might need 2 of us to get you out of the seat!

· Registered
2022 992 GTS
1,312 Posts
No sport bucket for me. I'm in the middle with the Sport Seat Plus. Those come 4-way like mine or 18-way like yours Larry. Both have elevated side bolsters.

Bobby has the Sport Seat which comes in 4 or 14-way (like his). You can see the difference in his pic and mine. At least that's what I understand.

I like the Sport Seat Plus which is more snug.

View attachment 1401
Good catch . I am so accustomed to looking at Macan seat questions (they are differen) that I forgot for a moment when I looked at his ,

· Registered
1,272 Posts
Love Montreal, one of my absolute favorite cities in the world by far. I've been to every Canadian GP since '89 but 4. HBU?
You put me to shame @ScottP. I live in Montreal and have been to only one GP! That said, I've seen that "famous" final corner of the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve. Our own Jacques Villeneuve crashed into that wall in 1999 I think. So did Schumacher. :(

· Registered
1,272 Posts
I can sit in my BMW 650 GC's seats for 10 hour stretches no sweat, I'm hoping for an equal level of comfort from a P car seat.
I hope you won't be disappointed because IMO the BMW 650 GC is a world class executive car with a fabulous engine that can launch you like a rocket...in quiet luxury. IMO not exactly the equivalent of a 911. I've never driven or even sat in one but I would compare your BMW to a Porsche Panamera or a MB S-Class.

How was your test drive of the 911? Same comfort? :unsure:

· Registered
151 Posts
You put me to shame @ScottP. I live in Montreal and have been to only one GP! That said, I've seen that "famous" final corner of the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve. Our own Jacques Villeneuve crashed into that wall in 1999 I think. So did Schumacher. :(
So did Damon Hill that year. Ironic the wall said "Bienvenue au Québec" (Welcome to Quebec for you that don't know), that's a helluva welcome! Been to Monza, Monaco, USGP 5x (Indy) as well. A F1 fanatic my whole life nearly, family has always loved racing. Bro is Prez of the Glen.

· Registered
151 Posts
I hope you won't be disappointed because IMO the BMW 650 GC is a world class executive car with a fabulous engine that can launch you like a rocket...in quiet luxury. IMO not exactly the equivalent of a 911. I've never driven or even sat in one but I would compare your BMW to a Porsche Panamera or a MB S-Class.

How was your test drive of the 911? Same comfort? :unsure:
I know the difference and don't expect the comfort to be the same by any stretch. I cross-shopped A7's and Panameras before settling on the GC. I haven't test driven a 911.

· Registered
1,272 Posts
So did Damon Hill that year. Ironic the wall said "Bienvenue au Québec" (Welcome to Quebec for you that don't know), that's a helluva welcome! Been to Monza, Monaco, USGP 5x (Indy) as well. A F1 fanatic my whole life nearly, family has always loved racing. Bro is Prez of the Glen.
Wow, you weren't kidding when you said your family loved racing! Guess you have VIP seats at the Glen. ;)

I loved watching the Netflix series " Formula 1: Drive to Survive"!

· Registered
1,272 Posts
I know the difference and don't expect the comfort to be the same by any stretch. I cross-shopped A7's and Panameras before settling on the GC. I haven't test driven a 911.
Exactly! The 911 is an incredibly noisy car, especially with that PSE. On the road, you’re sitting low and hear the engine and the road noise. It’s normal, it’s a sports car and that’s what we love about it. Bottom line, nothing to compare with a luxury sports sedan. You will love it! Like @BobbyG said, don't forget to give us a full review. Cheers!

· Registered
151 Posts
Wow, you weren't kidding when you said your family loved racing! Guess you have VIP seats at the Glen. ;)
The funny thing is I've been going to the Glen since the 70's, stopped for a bit then returned again in the early 80's with my then-girlfriend/current wife to watch the IMSA Camel GT races. Hooked all over again. We would get to the track early to secure a spot along the fence at the Esses and sit there rain or shine. Then Michael became Prez and we have all access to the garages, media center, victory lane, and admission to the Jack Daniels Club located alongside the Esses (my favorite view at the track). Life is great!

· Registered
1,894 Posts
The funny thing is I've been going to the Glen since the 70's, stopped for a bit then returned again in the early 80's with my then-girlfriend/current wife to watch the IMSA Camel GT races. Hooked all over again. We would get to the track early to secrete a spot along the fence at the Esses and sit there rain or shine. Then Michael became Prez and we have all access to the garages, media center, victory lane, and admission to the Jack Daniels Club located alongside the Esses (my favorite view at the track). Life is great!
Sounds awesome!

· Registered
1,894 Posts
I got my T allocation this afternoon!! SA "Russ" called and after I said hello, he said "Merry Christmas Scott, I got a present for you!" Woohooo!
Scott, great build including the Manual transmission but the 4 way seat might be a bit rough. You may want to consider the 14 way to be safe, just my opinion because I had both. :cautious:

· Registered
151 Posts
There's only 18 ways or LWCB's available for the T. My SA said the 18's are not comfortable. I'm the only one driving it so I don't care about memory position really. I haven't had the chance to sit in the 18 ways yet. My mind could change. Another plus of the 4 ways is how much quicker the seat back will move forward vs. the 18's making backseat access all the more easier.

61 - 80 of 172 Posts