Porsche 992 Forum banner
141 - 160 of 172 Posts

· Registered
2022 992 GTS
1,314 Posts
I just was looking at another guy's build and he chose Gloss Black wheels. I went with the Agate Grey wheels on my build as shown but with the former, you get the colored Porsche shields which I really like. Decisions, decisions . . . .
View attachment 1659
View attachment 1660 View attachment 1659
Gloss wheels look beautiful in photos . Thats why they are often chosen for media events . In real life they can visibly chip from a stone .

· Registered
2022 992 GTS
1,314 Posts
I’ve got glass black HRE’s on my 650, and like any other painted wheel they can chip. Agate gray is painted as well so really no difference in the end.
Agree that they all can chip, but the gloss is so shiny that it puts it on display. The satin black seems to hide it better. I remember once I curb rash a wheel. The wheel repair guy was sick so my service advisor said he’ll be back next week and then he reached into his pocket, pulled out a black magic marker and went across the curb rash. It was completely unnoticeable. I still had it properly repaired. He did that so that I didn’t feel so bad about it while I was waiting.

· Registered
151 Posts
Center Cap question: On the standard Titanium Grey wheels, the center cap is automatically monochromatic but on the 2 different black no-cost options, the crest is colored. Does anyone know if the crest in a Carrera S wheel is replaceable? If yes, I'd order Titanium Grey wheels and buy a set of colored crests.

· Registered
1,275 Posts
Center Cap question: On the standard Titanium Grey wheels, the center cap is automatically monochromatic but on the 2 different black no-cost options, the crest is colored. Does anyone know if the crest in a Carrera S wheel is replaceable? If yes, I'd order Titanium Grey wheels and buy a set of colored crests.
At 6:55 min of Nick’s video he confirms that the Porsche crest center cap can be replaced in the 992 S. Should be the same with the T or any 992 IMO

· Registered
1,275 Posts
Okay yes they are interchangeable, however, the color surrounding the colored crest won't match the Titanium Grey wheel. Dayum
Got it Scott! Suncoast has just about every combination of Wheel/Cap color possible. Go take a look and if they don't have it now I'm sure they will eventually. I did find one Carrera T Titanium replacment cap..but with the silver crest. :(

P.S. As a french speaking Canadian (but very much bilingual), I keep learning on this Forum new english acronyms (FWIW, IMO, etc) and slang expressions every day. "Dayum" was one of them today! :p I'll be using it.

· Registered
Still waiting….
121 Posts
Got it Scott! Suncoast has just about every combination of Wheel/Cap color possible. Go take a look and if they don't have it now I'm sure they will eventually. I did find one Carrera T Titanium replacment cap..but with the silver crest. :(

P.S. As a french speaking Canadian (but very much bilingual), I keep learning on this Forum new english acronyms (FWIW, IMO, etc) and slang expressions every day. "Dayum" was one of them today! :p I'll be using it.
Any colourful French you can share with us? 😀

141 - 160 of 172 Posts