Porsche 992 Forum banner

Desperately looking for a T allocation

10K views 172 replies 13 participants last post by  havinoviski 
#1 ·
Long story, but here goes.....I had originally purchased a 991.2 T and LOVED it. From the build code, to watching it travel across the Atlantic, to finally taking possession, it was my favorite vehicle that I had ever known.

Shortly after taking ownership, I was at work (used to practice hospital-based pharmacy) helping save the life of a 2 year patient with a viral infection. Two weeks later, I developed the infection and a month later, I developed full blown narcolepsy. I had made the mistake of driving home after a 14 hour shift and fell asleep. Thankfully, no one was hurt; however the car was destroyed.

Fast forward almost 4 years, I am in a new career, finally back on my feet and ready to purchase another vehicle. I was going to go for a 718 GTS and had just been offered an allocation. I asked the dealer if I could switch my deposit for a 911 and was shot down. He said there was such a list that he wouldn't take my deposit and to look elsewhere.

I hate to be a beggar, but as this feels like fate, if anyone knows of a dealership that would be able/willing to provide me with an allocation for a late spring/early summer deliver; I would be forever indebted.

#167 ·
Are dealers still adding dealer markup? I looked at a 992 about a year ago and local dealer was adding $20-25k or more to a base model and more for upper trims. Anyone get a 992 at MSRP? The car market is going down so I can’t imagine dealers are still gonna be able to pull off ADM into 2023…

#173 ·
I went on the list for a Carrera T a month ago (have bought 3 Porsches from this dealer since 2008, Cayman, Boxster, Macan) and our sales guy did a trade with another dealer for an allocation. Mine will be built June-July as a "2024". I assume it's not a 992.2 (since that's not been unveiled) but there may be some equipment and trim changes (maybe Bose or different color/stitching options on the T interior?). Looks to be MSRP, no uplift.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.