Porsche 992 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Mine was delayed a month but it changed . In the end it was only 3 weeks .
Just learned that mine was on it's way abord the LAKE WANAKA vessel (info given by my SA with attached pic)!! That ship wasn't on the list of carriers I had. Left Emden May 3 from what I can tell. ETA port of Halifax would be May 12. Apparently, it could then take 3-4 weeks from Halifax to Montreal?! My brother waited a month last year for his 718 GTS...after it landed in Halifax.

Attachments

·
Registered
481 Posts
Just learned that mine was on it's way abord the LAKE WANAKA vessel (info given by my SA with attached pic)!! That ship wasn't on the list of carriers I had. Left Emden May 3 from what I can tell. ETA port of Halifax would be May 12. Apparently, it could then take 3-4 weeks from Halifax to Montreal?! My brother waited a month last year for his 718 GTS...after it landed in Halifax.
Mine went on the vessel on March 12 or so. It arrived at Jacksonville March 27 and was in my hand first week of April . Mentally I would round up one month . Any sooner and it ought not be a surprise . Did you get a picture open track your dream ?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Mine went on the vessel on March 12 or so. It arrived at Jacksonville March 27 and was in my hand first week of April . Mentally I would round up one month . Any sooner and it ought not be a surprise . Did you get a picture open track your dream ?
The Canadian App went suddenly on the blink a few weeks ago! Like many other canadian stuff! LOL! Got this message from Porsche Canada: "Behind-The-Scenes program has been suspended until further notice! So, no notifications or production pics.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Same here cannot access the app.
it would be interesting to know if they stick all the cars on a train or truck them right from port

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
it would be interesting to know if they stick all the cars on a train or truck them right from port
I know for a fact that when the higher end cars arrive at my dealer, they are in a covered trailer. My Macan came in a open trailer.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Still blows my mind that it will take 9-10 days from Germany to Canada but 21+ days from Halifax to Montreal lol.

Funny I never asked how they transported my Macan from Halifax to MTL a few years ago. Now I want to know, truck or train? For most, I think the next step is CN rail delivery to MTL and then Truck to the dealer but I read somewhere that Porsche is doing the truck method, but still not on all Porsche cars, more so on the 911. Also on rennlist: "some dealers are getting alternative transportation to get some of the cars to their customers"?!

Guess I should ask my dealer but they always say they're in the dark once it's at Halifax.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Larry, I know I promised myself I wouldn't do it but how did you track your vessel? I'm on "Vessel finder" and they haven't updated the data in a almost 2 days. I'm affraid it sank!!! 😱 Over the past year with all the "fake news" from Porsche, I've become more of a pessimist and also very skeptic about everything my SA tells me. Call me a "skeptic pessimist"! LOL!

·
Registered
481 Posts
Larry, I know I promised myself I wouldn't do it but how did you track your vessel? I'm on "Vessel finder" and they haven't updated the data in a almost 2 days. I'm affraid it sank!!! 😱 Over the past year with all the "fake news" from Porsche, I've become more of a pessimist and also very skeptic about everything my SA tells me. Call me a "skeptic pessimist"! LOL!
There were people on Macan Forum and Rennlist who kept posting updates . Just google the name of your boat . It will point to to at least one current update . I also have two close friends that love to track the boats . Even they updated me .

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just heard from the horses mouth. All vehicles that are sold are trucked right from the port. Some open trailer, some closed trailer.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts