Porsche 992 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Not so good news today…….

Stopped by the dealer today with a very positive attitude, thinking car will be here within three weeks. That was the expected date. Well, as it turns out the actual date is what matters. The car was in body shop on Apr 14th and that is the last entry in the actual column.Expected delivery date now sits at Jul 27th.😕
The pessimist in my was hoping to drive the car by the and of June…….
Dealer thinks they hit a roadblock with specific parts.
But said, do not be surprised to get a call from me early……
It’s a moving target for sure so do your best to take it all in stride!

·
Registered
700 Posts
Still waiting too! My first delivery was to be March, but its now sitting on the floor of the Atlantic from the Felicity Ace fire. I received an early May reproduction date with a July 1st delivery.
:( It's on the dock, and missed this week's ship loading and departure and now my estimated delivery was moved to early mid-August. I guess you just need to wait for good things to happen? She will be a beauty when she arrives. You cant rush perfection!
That’s horrible Eagle…hang in there the best you can.

·
Registered
700 Posts
My car was pushed back when the boat sank one month . That action taken was immediately after the news . Then the car arrived 2 weeks earlier than the one month original projection , I think Porsche had a lot to digest and they just wanted to proceed with caution . By now things are in full swing I imagine . Cars seem to be arriving .
Has the ship fire situation ever happen before….I don’t recall.

·
Registered
700 Posts
3400 miles!! That is not bad at all. It will be some time before I reach such numbers. I plan to “never” take the 992 to the lake. To get there I have 20 miles of bad/busy highway, 15 miles of beautiful, empty, rolling hills and sharp turns two lane secondary and…….wait!! 10 miles of gravel😣. Even if I drive super slow on the gravel….some yahoo will pass me and throw tons of debris and (with my luck) will end up on my windshield. When I am at the lake with the Macan, my wife will drive the pimp mobile😜😜
That’s wise…I’m very careful also but its my daily driver when the weather is nice. I have PPF so I’ve been pretty lucky so far.

·
Registered
700 Posts
You know I was torn with white as well. I love white cars in Miami. But after 12 years of white daily driver I wanted different. I never thought I would love GT Silver as much as I do.. The metallic flake in the sun is just absolutely beautiful. I realize what my mistake has always been with silver. In the show room it lighter color silver‘s like rhodium, arctic, and dolomite look stunning. However, in the sun they are just too light . My two favorite silver’s were darker shades. My 993 turbo was polar silver and my current car is GT. I think the GT is actually the nicest of them all. I am so glad I chose this color!
Same! Next is Blue or Red for me but that’s WAY down the road.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts