Porsche 992 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Just learned that mine was on it's way abord the LAKE WANAKA vessel (info given by my SA with attached pic)!! That ship wasn't on the list of carriers I had. Left Emden May 3 from what I can tell. ETA port of Halifax would be May 12. Apparently, it could then take 3-4 weeks from Halifax to Montreal?! My brother waited a month last year for his 718 GTS...after it landed in Halifax.
Mine went on the vessel on March 12 or so. It arrived at Jacksonville March 27 and was in my hand first week of April . Mentally I would round up one month . Any sooner and it ought not be a surprise . Did you get a picture open track your dream ?

·
Registered
640 Posts
Larry, I know I promised myself I wouldn't do it but how did you track your vessel? I'm on "Vessel finder" and they haven't updated the data in a almost 2 days. I'm affraid it sank!!! 😱 Over the past year with all the "fake news" from Porsche, I've become more of a pessimist and also very skeptic about everything my SA tells me. Call me a "skeptic pessimist"! LOL!
There were people on Macan Forum and Rennlist who kept posting updates . Just google the name of your boat . It will point to to at least one current update . I also have two close friends that love to track the boats . Even they updated me .

·
Registered
640 Posts
Not so good news today…….

Stopped by the dealer today with a very positive attitude, thinking car will be here within three weeks. That was the expected date. Well, as it turns out the actual date is what matters. The car was in body shop on Apr 14th and that is the last entry in the actual column.Expected delivery date now sits at Jul 27th.😕
The pessimist in my was hoping to drive the car by the and of June…….
Dealer thinks they hit a roadblock with specific parts.
But said, do not be surprised to get a call from me early……
They tend to round up . You will get it earlier .

·
Registered
640 Posts
Still waiting too! My first delivery was to be March, but its now sitting on the floor of the Atlantic from the Felicity Ace fire. I received an early May reproduction date with a July 1st delivery.
:( It's on the dock, and missed this week's ship loading and departure and now my estimated delivery was moved to early mid-August. I guess you just need to wait for good things to happen? She will be a beauty when she arrives. You cant rush perfection!
I commend your stamina with this . We all had it hard but your case is as tough as it can get.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Just checked and my car arrived a week early.
My car was pushed back when the boat sank one month . That action taken was immediately after the news . Then the car arrived 2 weeks earlier than the one month original projection , I think Porsche had a lot to digest and they just wanted to proceed with caution . By now things are in full swing I imagine . Cars seem to be arriving .

·
Registered
640 Posts
I am in Miami now and see sooooo many white cars. In the sun they looks just right. Original plan was to get white. Not sure if I want three white P cars😜. The black will look a bit like a pimp mobile, especially with tint.
You know I was torn with white as well. I love white cars in Miami. But after 12 years of white daily driver I wanted different. I never thought I would love GT Silver as much as I do.. The metallic flake in the sun is just absolutely beautiful. I realize what my mistake has always been with silver. In the show room it lighter color silver‘s like rhodium, arctic, and dolomite look stunning. However, in the sun they are just too light . My two favorite silver’s were darker shades. My 993 turbo was polar silver and my current car is GT. I think the GT is actually the nicest of them all. I am so glad I chose this color!

·
Registered
640 Posts
Yep! Just mentioned that on another thread after watching Nick Murray’s last video on the 2023 updates. Our cars are worth more but to take advantage of that we would have to sell them!!! 😱 My best investment in 2022! 😉
There are some cars that dealerships are paying over sticker for in trade. Problem is they’re also charging over sticker . It really is crazy times. They have no cars. They building Macan’s, Taycan , And cayennes . You’ll have to wait two years for 911. I can’t believe you got your car after all this time and just add the right cut off time.

·
Registered
640 Posts
I did a quick search on car carriers this morning. Apparently, on June 14 SFL Composer left Emden for Halifax (due in Halifax Jun 21). On June 11th apparently my car was in port of Emden. I curious if my car is on board. If so, then I should be able to see it in about 10 days. Then PPF, tint. Perhaps I will be driving it in three weeks. If the car is not on Composer, then I will not see the car before mid Aug.
Why don’t we meet one afternoon and you can check out my car? I know it will drive differently than yours but it’ll be very similar. I usually swim from 12 until two so I have about two hours afterwards that I could meet you. It’s a straight run from the pool to the dealership. That’s usually when I try to make it there with my car if I drop it off.

·
Registered
640 Posts
That would be a great idea Larry. Unfortunately, I fly out tomorrow morning. I will be back sometime in October. We should definitely meet up then and at that point compare notes:
RWD vs AWD
light weight package vs glass sunroof
rear wheel steering vs front end lift etc
I wish we could take them both out. Maybe when you get back will take out both of mine

·
Registered
640 Posts
@yrralis1

what is your take on the goodyears? Mine is wearing them..
I hate them . Mine has them too and despite what is said in Rennlist the size for the Michelin is not proper for the GTS . They do make them for a Carrera S though . I already had to replace one tire (2 screws and a gash) last week and it was 500 bucks . I figured lets do all of them but the alternative choice was Pirelli (equally as bad) . I spoke to Tire Rack and got the feeling that Michelin will make one but its just not out yet .

·
Registered
640 Posts
Didn't know that do you have 315/21 like Turbo S on the rear?
Now I am not sure. Originally mt service advisor said they dont have a 4S tire for my car yet. I called Tire Rack to confirm and they also said the same . Yet now I look at the wheel size and it appears to me the same . There is one exception that Tire rack makes . My car has Ceramic Brakes . It may in fact have the larger wheel doe to that . I will have to look.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts