Porsche 992 Forum banner
101 - 120 of 152 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
I am no tire expert and have only driven Boxsters before but I find my Goodyears very good so far! My 992 is great in straights and in curves...despite my many deficiencies as a driver! LOL!

Seriously, you guys say i would see that much of a difference with Michelin, for street use? Maybe I'll notice a difference with wear? After 2K km, they stick pretty well.
Maybe I‘lol look tomorrow to see what tires I have….I said maybe!

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #104 ·
Yeah, i have the eagles as well. I sometimes wonder how the car makers decide what car gets what tires. I think the biggest factor here is volume discount at a given time. In my building (in Miami) there are several 992s. Not sure of the production years. There are two GT cars and 992 base wearing Michelins. Several wearing goodyears and one pirellis.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Yeah, i have the eagles as well. I sometimes wonder how the car makers decide what car gets what tires. I think the biggest factor here is volume discount at a given time. In my building (in Miami) there are several 992s. Not sure of the production years. There are two GT cars and 992 base wearing Michelins. Several wearing goodyears and one pirellis.
Great question, probably based on supply for sure.

·
Registered
52 Posts
One thing I noticed when inspecting them is these are german-made Goodyears, which I thought was interesting. They must be better! LOL! :unsure:
The most important is the designation NA0. That means Porsche Nürburgring approval.
My last ones were Eagle F1 but now I changed them to Michelin Pilot Sport the dealer told me they were better (maybe because they were more expensive), lol.
I think they make more noise...

·
Registered
640 Posts
Didn't know that do you have 315/21 like Turbo S on the rear?
Now I am not sure. Originally mt service advisor said they dont have a 4S tire for my car yet. I called Tire Rack to confirm and they also said the same . Yet now I look at the wheel size and it appears to me the same . There is one exception that Tire rack makes . My car has Ceramic Brakes . It may in fact have the larger wheel doe to that . I will have to look.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Didn’t know that, are they much more expensive? What makes them better?
They are near equal in price. The 4S are more quiet, better grip, and overall better tire . I cant wait until I can get them . In the meantime I have been busy on the Macan Forum. I am getting ready to get a new Macan Its to replace my 2020 Macan Turbo . Its a 9 month wait.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Now I am not sure. Originally mt service advisor said they dont have a 4S tire for my car yet. I called Tire Rack to confirm and they also said the same . Yet now I look at the wheel size and it appears to me the same . There is one exception that Tire rack makes . My car has Ceramic Brakes . It may in fact have the larger wheel doe to that . I will have to look.
Interesting..,good luck!

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have Ceramic Brakes too and there isn't any differences because of that.
You only have to change the tyres (remove the wheels) very carefully to don't break the disks.

PC2S
FA 245/20
RA 305/21

101 - 120 of 152 Posts