Porsche 992 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Anyone from Canada took the Euro delivery ? How was your experience ? how much the dealer charged you ? Did they get an extra allocation because you did it ? Would you recommend it ? How long after your trip did you get your car at home ? Was it a smooth process ?

If your not from Canada how was your experience Too, I鈥檓 asking from Canada because the rules might be different 馃槉

Have a great day 馃挴馃挴馃挴

Registered
Hi everyone,

Anyone from Canada took the Euro delivery ? How was your experience ? how much the dealer charged you ? Did they get an extra allocation because you did it ? Would you recommend it ? How long after your trip did you get your car at home ? Was it a smooth process ?

If your not from Canada how was your experience Too, I鈥檓 asking from Canada because the rules might be different 馃槉

Have a great day 馃挴馃挴馃挴
From what i understand there is no extra cost. I was thinking about doing it as it would be a once in a lifetime experience but then think i'd be too worried driving it in a foreign country, keeping my brand new car parked in an unknown area and would be concerned that something would get damaged. Cars seem to be a lot more dinged up in Europe. Then of course, you'd have to wait again for it to arrive home! Still have time to consider it but leaning towards no.

Registered
From what i understand there is no extra cost. I was thinking about doing it as it would be a once in a lifetime experience but then think i'd be too worried driving it in a foreign country, keeping my brand new car parked in an unknown area and would be concerned that something would get damaged. Cars seem to be a lot more dinged up in Europe. Then of course, you'd have to wait again for it to arrive home! Still have time to consider it but leaning towards no.
From what I've heard, the dealer will have to pay $3,000, but he gets another car where they will make a lot more than the $3K. I understand that if you take a GT3 allocation in ED, they will get another 911 allocation but not likely a GT car ... more likely a Carrera 2.

Most dealers who understand the long-term benefits of creating more passionate customers (and the deferred benefit of another allocation) are happy to offer ED for free. Some less forward thinking dealers require the customer to pay the $3k ED fee, and the truly backwards dealers refuse ED entirely.

Registered
From what I've heard, the dealer will have to pay $3,000, but he gets another car where they will make a lot more than the $3K. I understand that if you take a GT3 allocation in ED, they will get another 911 allocation but not likely a GT car ... more likely a Carrera 2.

Most dealers who understand the long-term benefits of creating more passionate customers (and the deferred benefit of another allocation) are happy to offer ED for free. Some less forward thinking dealers require the customer to pay the $3k ED fee, and the truly backwards dealers refuse ED entirely.
yes i also heard it "costs" the dealer to do the ED, but didn't know about the allocation thing. Interesting paradox for some dealers i suppose.

Registered
Hi everyone,

Have a great day 馃挴馃挴馃挴
I did the ED when I purchased my 2018 911. It was one of the most amazing things/trips I have done. There was no additional cost from Porsche. The things Porsche included when we went ( pre covid not sure if things have changed) we鈥檙e the first nights accommodation in Stuttgart (hotel Graf Zeppelin) , Porsche factory tour ( we had a bonus tour of the engine facility), museum tour, and they paid the insurance for up 14 days (plus you got to keep the European long licence plate), we stayed for 16 days and had to pay the additional 2 days insurance. If you go I would recommend what we did and pay the $350.00 ( at the time) for the European map/gps, it was a life saver to get around. We drove all around Switzerland, Austria, and a little bit of France. We didn鈥檛 go crazy and try to drive all day everyday and try to see as much as we could but slowed things down and just enjoyed. When we returned the car a crew of people came out and did a thorough inspection to check for scraps ,dents, etc .
We went on March 20th and returned the car to the factory on April 9th.
The other fun thing we did was to take delivery of the Car from the Porsche dealer in Halifax, ( I鈥檓 in Central Canada) and flew out to pick it up and drove all around The East coast before heading home. The Car arrived in Halifax on May 16th ( 5weeks)
I had a total of 7187 km on my car when I pulled into my driveway for the first time
Trip of a lifetime do it if you can.

Registered
I was quoted ~ 3k cad that apparently dealer needs to absorb. Which cuts into any discount. The whole process sounded complicated at the other end (in Europe), insurance, some sort of deposit time limit and delivery timing issue (in my case).
After doing some research it sounds less complicated to just rent a exotic car in Germany.

Registered
I was quoted ~ 3k cad that apparently dealer needs to absorb. Which cuts into any discount. The whole process sounded complicated at the other end (in Europe), insurance, some sort of deposit time limit and delivery timing issue (in my case).
After doing some research it sounds less complicated to just rent a exotic car in Germany.
That鈥檚 unfortunate, it was so easy for us we had no issues at all. The only drawback was you didn鈥檛 have a lot of notice to get your flights after they gave you the pickup date. And i don鈥檛 believe the dealer is supposed to charge you for this ( it shows no charge at the bottom of your build) but I guess they can try. My dealer said absolutely no extra charge but that was 4 years ago

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.