Porsche 992 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 992 C4S with 3400 miles in one year. I started to hear a loud thump sound in the rear. Turns out to be the left rear strut went bad and leaked. I have not been on track and have yet to drive really aggressively. Has anyone had a similar problem?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 992 C4S with 3400 miles in one year. I started to hear a loud thump sound in the rear. Turns out to be the left rear strut went bad and leaked. I have not been on track and have yet to drive really aggressively. Has anyone had a similar problem?
Hello RGraham.
My 2020 C2S MT with 4700 miles makes a LOUD thump in the rear over speed bumps. Must be suspension. At 10 mph creeping along there is no thump sound, but at 15 mph and up it sounds like it’s bottoming out the suspension terribly! Thanks for posting your thread. Gives me hope. I need to take it to my dealer.
Do you think your ride is stiffer in this condition? Mine should be more forgiving. Maybe the bad strut?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just got mine back and it works great. 2 weeks to get the part from Germany. All fully covered. Don’t waste time getting it fixed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just got mine back and it works great. 2 weeks to get the part from Germany. All fully covered. Don’t waste time getting it fixed.
That’s excellent news. I will. Thanks again.
Did the ride quality improve a little afterwards?

Only had the car 1 week! On the test drive it never thumped bc the roads are all smooth around the dealership. But in the real world are RR tracks and speed bumps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts